Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 30, 2016, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
LINK TO CHART

Legacy to New Travel Package Conversion (effective August 2019)
A Marriott supervisor can currently convert your legacy travel package into the new category mapping. If you hold a Category 6, 8, or Tier 1-3 legacy certificate, it's ideal to downgrade your certificate before converting so that points don't potentially get lost in the process.

The codes for the new partial packages are:
New Cat 1-4: QP83
New Cat 5: QP91
New Cat 6: QP99
New Cat 7:

Originally Posted by Marriott Rewards Insider
Members who purchased a Category 6, Category 8 or Tier 1-3 certificate prior to 8/18 are able to request a one-time exchange for a Travel Package one category lower. This process will cancel your current Travel Package, reissue a Travel Package one category lower and result in a refund of 30,000 points to your account. To submit a request, follow these steps:
  • Select “Packages - Deals” from the “Topic” drop down menu
  • Submit your request
As a reminder, status.marriott.com will periodically have additional updates.
Source: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...es-update.html

The legacy certificates map to the new certificates as such:
Cat 1-5 => Cat 1-4
Cat 6 => Cat 1-4
Cat 7 => Cat 5
Cat 8 => Cat 5
Cat 9 => Cat 6
Tier 1-3 => Cat 6
Tier 4-5 => Cat 7
==================================================

If you are unsure where you will use your 7 night stay, when you request the package, just ask for a category 1-5 hotel. That way you are out of the least number of points. If later, you decide to book for a higher level category, then you can do so and pay the difference the travel package points. If you can't use your certificate within the year, then as close to the one year anniversary (without going over!) call to extend the certificate for one more year. That's as long as they will typically allow, one extension. There is an option to expedite the mileage delivery to within three business days (sometimes faster) for $15. There are reports that this fee may be waived for platinum members.

Effective April 1 2017 re: Southwest & the companion pass:

"Purchased points, points converted from hotel and car loyalty programs, and e-Rewards, e-Miles, Valued Opinions and Diners Club, points earned from Rapid Rewards program enrollment, tier bonuses, flight bonuses, and partner bonuses (excluding points bonuses earned on the Rapid Rewards Credit Cards from Chase) do not count toward Companion Pass."
Can I book SPG properties with my Marriott Travel Package? As of 9/1/2018 apparently not. see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30155836-post6529.html
Print Wikipost

Marriott Travel Packages

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2016, 4:30 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by InstantStatus
Redeemed for Travel package + Alaska miles on November 22, still no miles in my Alaska account

I see some CX J availability for the dates I want, I hope it's still there when the miles finally arrive to my Alaska account

Any other data points for Alaska miles Travel Package redemptions ?
I did it twice and it took 8 to 9 calendar days each time. Be patient.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by InstantStatus
Redeemed for Travel package + Alaska miles on November 22, still no miles in my Alaska account

I see some CX J availability for the dates I want, I hope it's still there when the miles finally arrive to my Alaska account

Any other data points for Alaska miles Travel Package redemptions ?
It takes 9 calendar days to post. I wouldn't worry about CX availability these days, even in F. The only routes that seem to be tight are JNB-HKG on both directions and HKG-Australia also on both directions. The US-HKG are plentiful even in 1F outside the most popular traveling periods.

Originally Posted by Happy
Redeemed Nov 14 Monday afternoon.

Miles in account when checked at 12:05AM EST Nov 23. Miles not in account when checked in the morning of Nov 22.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 10:58 am

ua miles has to hit ua account by nov 30 to get the 20K extra miles? looks like i missed the boat.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by yoyo
ua miles has to hit ua account by nov 30 to get the 20K extra miles? looks like i missed the boat.
At least when my UA miles posted, they were back-dated to the calendar day I requested the travel package over the phone, dunno if that'll be good enough for the promo though for those that might want to try today or tomorrow.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
At least when my UA miles posted, they were back-dated to the calendar day I requested the travel package over the phone, dunno if that'll be good enough for the promo though for those that might want to try today or tomorrow.
This is great to know! Just ordered a 152k package to hope to squeeze one in there. Now I just have to figure out where I want to use the hotel nights...

Received my UA points in less than 24 hours from placing my travel package order, which means I'm definitely in on time for the 20k bonus. Not sure if they sped up transfers to make sure all bonuses get in, but I'm thankful for the quick transfer.

Last edited by bdschobel; Nov 30, 2016 at 10:58 pm
Old Dec 4, 2016, 1:58 am

Is there any benefit in ordering the package before 1/1/17? I think there will be a flood of people ordering these when the new year starts for WN cp?
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:54 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by crazytravelguy
Is there any benefit in ordering the package before 1/1/17? I think there will be a flood of people ordering these when the new year starts for WN cp?
Probably no more than usual... most people know to get the package in the first 2 weeks of Jan. You could get a few Starwood converts to add to the list.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 7:53 am
kkl

whats the benefit for first 2 weeks of jan redemption? new from starwood
Old Dec 4, 2016, 8:02 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by kkl
You get to keep the companion pass for almost 2 years.

Yes starwood members can now take advantage of this deal.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 6:24 am

used 7 day voucher on a 6 day stay in CT but I was charged $39 per room + tax for each night. Is that normal?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 8:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by yoyo
used 7 day voucher on a 6 day stay in CT but I was charged $39 per room + tax for each night. Is that normal?
No. You can call & get it credited. There should not be any charges on an award stay, unless it's a resort fee or you agreed to some type of upgrade fee.

Cheers.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 9:47 am

Programs: Southwest
I plan on ordering a package 1/1. I'm assuming the 5-night option is no longer on the table, but I am going to see if they will give me a 5 night for a 7 night price. It would make it easier to find availability (and I have an actual situation where this would make booking possible), plus I'd have to pay less in resort fees. Has anyone tried this yet?
Old Dec 5, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Yoyo, the $39 ++ is probably the amount which MR is to pay the hotel, which was incorrectly billed to you. Just call that hotel & if the front desk can't help you, ask to speak to the Accounting Mgr. or General Mgr.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 2:42 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Perdue, AFAIK the 5-nighters are still on the table. Also, if you're forced to use a 7-nighter for a 5-night stay (wasting 2 nights,) you won't be charged resort fees on the 2 nights you're not there! Indeed, maybe you can get lucky enough to find someone to buy/ sublet the last 2 nights .
Old Dec 5, 2016, 3:27 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Originally Posted by kkl
With SWA, Companion Pass is good for year earned and following year. So if you do travel package in Jan 2017, CP is good for 2017 and 2018. If you did in Dec, it is good for 2016 and 2017.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.