Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Feel free to add to this wiki
June 2023 Item of Potential Interest: Link to thread alleging rape of solo female Chinese tourist at the property.
Main details
(Dec 2022) The RC Maldives has its entire "Sales Kit" online, incl. pricing for
activities, spa, weddings; and maps/pictures/video/logos/floor plans: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Ad23r_g_CovQo_

Some useful maps at these posts:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33274629-post89.html - also lists types of villas available
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33275048-post95.html - map with villa #'s

cmhsieh54's 8-page trip report (Dec 2022), in post #1204

Food & Beverage service
*There is no free breakfast amenity at this property for Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Titanium/Ambassador.*
(Dec 2022) There is also no 'elite hour' (i.e. Happy Hour) or daily 'afternoon tea'.

(Dec 2022) The extremely comprehensive RC Maldives F&B guest webapp is here at this link, incl. all rest. menus
and room service prices:

https://mi.vserve-protecht.com/welco...JCZmpFZz0/1001
Unfortunately a scary-looking link, but it's legit. See post #1167.

Email address [email protected]

Transfer Prices
Shared Speedboat (45mins) - $901 per adult, $339 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private 48' Speedboat - $2800 per person
Yacht transfer no longer offered as a paid option as of February 2022, but there are reports of the
hotel offering it at their discretion

Shared Seaplane (10 mins) - $1,400 per adult, $700 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private Seaplane - $9.500

This cost applies to all guests, regardless of cash booking vs. points booking.
All prices are roundtrip, before 23.2% tax. See this website for latest updated
transfer prices: https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...iew/directions

Miscellaneous
Island time: The resort has the clock set one hour ahead of Malé, so the time is GMT +6 hours. Many resorts in the Maldives do this for sunset viewing purposes.

Print Wikipost

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by jcave114
thank you so much! Is this the in room dining menu?
it’s for La Locanda restaurant and the wine list should be for all restaurants.

iwau:
https://s7d2.scene7.com/is/content/r..._A_La_Cartepdf

If anyone has the in-room I’d be keen to take a look too. Otherwise I’ll share it when I’m there
Old Mar 26, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: Marriott Gold
Freshwater or Saltwater

What type of water does the RC use in the swimming pools at the resort? Freshwater or Saltwater - Thank you!
Old Mar 26, 2022, 11:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
They'll only charge you for the transfers you actually use. The transfers is just listed as parts of the fixed add ons when you make a booking. So if you split your stay on multiple bookings, it will show one transfer cost per booking in the app. The actual charges will not include this.

My booking was 5+1 nights. I had initially booked the 5 nights, but when flight were arranged, I had to add a night. So I also had two transfer costs showing on the app.
Is this incorporated in booking? I booked a 3 night points stay and was charged over $1,000 in fees. Is this to cover the speedboat transfer or is this taxes and they'll soak me another $1k+ for a short boat ride that should be $100?
Old Mar 26, 2022, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JOEL2376
What type of water does the RC use in the swimming pools at the resort? Freshwater or Saltwater - Thank you!
Freshwater.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by 747-800i
Is this incorporated in booking? I booked a 3 night points stay and was charged over $1,000 in fees. Is this to cover the speedboat transfer or is this taxes and they'll soak me another $1k+ for a short boat ride that should be $100?
The main part of the taxes and fees on the booking is the transfer.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 5:15 pm
Suspended

The main part of the taxes and fees on the booking is the transfer.
Ahhhh ok. So I shouldn't expect another $1k charge on arrival? That's good to know.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 12:40 am

Stay in may!

Are there any fees besides the boat transfer?

Also, if I booked the regular OWV for 340k points, do those rooms include 325 to 353?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Kevin Giang; Mar 29, 2022 at 5:42 pm
Old Apr 2, 2022, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by noeatbutgo
No ice cream for me?
Is ice cream at The Creamery only complimentary for kids?
Old Apr 2, 2022, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kevin Giang
Are there any fees besides the boat transfer?

Also, if I booked the regular OWV for 340k points, do those rooms include 325 to 353?

Thanks in advance
No other fees on an award stay.

The 300 series are Lagoon villas, and considered an upgrade from the base over water villas.
Old Apr 3, 2022, 12:54 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
No other fees on an award stay.

The 300 series are Lagoon villas, and considered an upgrade from the base over water villas.
Actually there is a tax of 6$ per person per night, and that's for any resort in the Maldives.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 6:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Can anyone confirm if the 20% F&B was still active from actual experience?

I ask because, when I inquired, the RC indicated to me the following:

With regard to the F&B discount, please be note that The Ritz-Carlton Maldives does not participate in any Marriott bonvoy discount.

I wasn’t sure if I was just information, or the discount program is no more.

Thanks!
Old Apr 4, 2022, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott LTP/PE
Lots of threads confirm it’s not active.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Chewie
Can anyone confirm if the 20% F&B was still active from actual experience?
A lot of people have posted (from actual experience) that the 20% is no longer active. I think one person said a few months back they got it honored because they booked early last year and had written proof from an inquiry…
Old Apr 4, 2022, 6:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jcave114
A lot of people have posted (from actual experience) that the 20% is no longer active. I think one person said a few months back they got it honored because they booked early last year and had written proof from an inquiry…
I see that. Embarrassingly, it was clearly pointed out in post #594. Thanks for the feedback just the same!
Old Apr 4, 2022, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by Chewie
I see that. Embarrassingly, it was clearly pointed out in post #594. Thanks for the feedback just the same!
FYI, they do honor 20% off all restaurants for Marriott Employees, just confirmed. But that only applies to Marriott Employees as it's required at all Marriott hotels (though some hotels have found a loophole to not honor it in the past).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.