Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Feel free to add to this wiki
June 2023 Item of Potential Interest: Link to thread alleging rape of solo female Chinese tourist at the property.
Main details
(Dec 2022) The RC Maldives has its entire "Sales Kit" online, incl. pricing for
activities, spa, weddings; and maps/pictures/video/logos/floor plans: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Ad23r_g_CovQo_

Some useful maps at these posts:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33274629-post89.html - also lists types of villas available
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33275048-post95.html - map with villa #'s

cmhsieh54's 8-page trip report (Dec 2022), in post #1204

Food & Beverage service
*There is no free breakfast amenity at this property for Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Titanium/Ambassador.*
(Dec 2022) There is also no 'elite hour' (i.e. Happy Hour) or daily 'afternoon tea'.

(Dec 2022) The extremely comprehensive RC Maldives F&B guest webapp is here at this link, incl. all rest. menus
and room service prices:

https://mi.vserve-protecht.com/welco...JCZmpFZz0/1001
Unfortunately a scary-looking link, but it's legit. See post #1167.

Email address [email protected]

Transfer Prices
Shared Speedboat (45mins) - $901 per adult, $339 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private 48' Speedboat - $2800 per person
Yacht transfer no longer offered as a paid option as of February 2022, but there are reports of the
hotel offering it at their discretion

Shared Seaplane (10 mins) - $1,400 per adult, $700 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private Seaplane - $9.500

This cost applies to all guests, regardless of cash booking vs. points booking.
All prices are roundtrip, before 23.2% tax. See this website for latest updated
transfer prices: https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...iew/directions

Miscellaneous
Island time: The resort has the clock set one hour ahead of Malé, so the time is GMT +6 hours. Many resorts in the Maldives do this for sunset viewing purposes.

Print Wikipost

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2022, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by kumarshah
Wondering if anyone here has done the half-board or full-board packages and how was it?
wondering the same.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by worldcurious
They were at 98% capacity when I was there last month, definitely no upgrades or free breakfast (I'm Titanium). There is a 20% food and beverage discount but you're going to need to ask for it because it was not automatic.
I tried asking for it when I was there in late Feb but I didn't get a response from the team... LOL!
Old Apr 5, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by NEfan22
wondering the same.
Tried the half board last year. And I don't think will be going for it again. Have a reservation next month and will go for the breakfast only package as dinner restaurants are limited on half board if having a long stay.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Tried the half board last year. And I don't think will be going for it again. Have a reservation next month and will go for the breakfast only package as dinner restaurants are limited on half board if having a long stay.
What is the pricing of the breakfast only package and what is included?
Old Apr 5, 2022, 11:47 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Mine was packaged with Half Board last year. However, this year I booked room only and not sure of the pricing.

But everything was included in breakfast.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 4:00 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I am heading back for a second stay over Easter, received the following last week on breakfast package:

Breakfast : USD 65 per adult per night, subject to 23.2% government tax and service charge (Ala Carte - Served at La Locanda restaurant)

I believe this includes unlimited a la carte dishes and drinks.
iluvdoco and Blake22222 like this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
I am heading back for a second stay over Easter, received the following last week on breakfast package:

Breakfast : USD 65 per adult per night, subject to 23.2% government tax and service charge (Ala Carte - Served at La Locanda restaurant)

That price includes everything available at breakfast, in unlimited amounts. They always seemed disappointed when we only ordered one hot dish per person. A bit like your grandmother complaining that you are not eating enough of the food she prepared.
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation

Wish there was something to confirm this and any other "boarding" options. I don't see it mentioned anywhere but a vague reference with one of the offers on their website.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by justlaz
Honestly, I don't think you'll be spending more than that. The portions are actually quite big and we're big eaters. If you're trying to save, just go with a la carte with all your meals (except breakfast) and skip on the tasting menus getting 2 apps, 2 entrees will run you about $200-250 I think total and it's definitely more than enough food. Add in drinks, you'll spend probably another $100. It's not as bad as you think and you can always order more, but budgeting $700 more than enough. The tasting menus at all the places turned out to be way too much food and a bit of a waste. The buffets were also too much food and a bit expensive for what it is.
Do you think the half board option is worth it? I have breakfast included, so its $160 per person plus 23.2 tax for just the dinner option?
Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Leebowski
Wish there was something to confirm this and any other "boarding" options. I don't see it mentioned anywhere but a vague reference with one of the offers on their website.
I think most hotels in the Maldives have been pretty aggressively ramping up prices for all extras over the last 1-2 years whilst it has been such a popular choice during COVID, especially new hotels still finding their feet that may feel they 'underpriced' things originally. I imagine most hotels in the Maldives send all the prices by email for this reason so they can update them regularly!
Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:40 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by genx
Do you think the half board option is worth it? I have breakfast included, so its $160 per person plus 23.2 tax for just the dinner option?
Did you book your stay with points or you have a cash rate that includes breakfast? I'm asking because if it's with points, how is breakfast included?
Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by friedablass
Did you book your stay with points or you have a cash rate that includes breakfast? I'm asking because if it's with points, how is breakfast included?
We were moved from St Regis
Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
We were moved from St Regis
Ah, ok. So that answers that . Enjoy your stay and I look forward to your comments/ review.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
It depends on what you want from your dinners. I found the applicable restaurants and the applicable options at those restaurants too confining, if you are there 5-6 days you'll end up doing much of the same or adding quite a bit on top. So we preferred spending a bit more but getting a lot more choice.

But if you are happy with the more limited selection, then it can be a good deal.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 7:18 pm

Mini bar?

Does anyone have the in-room mini bar selection and price list please? When you crack a bottle do you buy the whole thing?

apologies if already answered trying to do this with a broken elbow and tried to go back in time but not sure I made it through all pages.

thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.