Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Feel free to add to this wiki
June 2023 Item of Potential Interest: Link to thread alleging rape of solo female Chinese tourist at the property.
Main details
(Dec 2022) The RC Maldives has its entire "Sales Kit" online, incl. pricing for
activities, spa, weddings; and maps/pictures/video/logos/floor plans: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Ad23r_g_CovQo_

Some useful maps at these posts:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33274629-post89.html - also lists types of villas available
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33275048-post95.html - map with villa #'s

cmhsieh54's 8-page trip report (Dec 2022), in post #1204

Food & Beverage service
*There is no free breakfast amenity at this property for Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Titanium/Ambassador.*
(Dec 2022) There is also no 'elite hour' (i.e. Happy Hour) or daily 'afternoon tea'.

(Dec 2022) The extremely comprehensive RC Maldives F&B guest webapp is here at this link, incl. all rest. menus
and room service prices:

https://mi.vserve-protecht.com/welco...JCZmpFZz0/1001
Unfortunately a scary-looking link, but it's legit. See post #1167.

Email address [email protected]

Transfer Prices
Shared Speedboat (45mins) - $901 per adult, $339 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private 48' Speedboat - $2800 per person
Yacht transfer no longer offered as a paid option as of February 2022, but there are reports of the
hotel offering it at their discretion

Shared Seaplane (10 mins) - $1,400 per adult, $700 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private Seaplane - $9.500

This cost applies to all guests, regardless of cash booking vs. points booking.
All prices are roundtrip, before 23.2% tax. See this website for latest updated
transfer prices: https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...iew/directions

Miscellaneous
Island time: The resort has the clock set one hour ahead of Malé, so the time is GMT +6 hours. Many resorts in the Maldives do this for sunset viewing purposes.

Print Wikipost

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2022, 2:31 am
kkl

Anyone have the in room dining menu?

thanks
Old Mar 12, 2022, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by justlaz
When we went about 3-4 weeks ago, everything was closed, including the restaurants. There wasn't much there except for Patina resort, but we didn't bother to explore there heavily as we already thought the RC was far nicer. We were extremely disappointed and frustrated as we were really looking forward to trying some of the options. I was annoyed that when we asked our butler the boat schedule, he failed to mention that most dining options there were closed. We immediately took the next boat back. Although, on our last day, they did say that Arabesque was reopening back on Marina Village, which is definitely worth a visit and was the best restaurant option when we tried their food.
Interesting, why were they all closed??
Old Mar 12, 2022, 8:00 pm

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by LiquidHonesty
Interesting, why were they all closed??
​​​​​​I don't know, the staff were a little baffled as well. Not all the restaurants there are managed by RC since it's shared with Patina. Per staff, Arabesque is going through a slight renovation, which is weird because this whole property is brand new
Old Mar 12, 2022, 10:29 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by justlaz
​​​​​​I don't know, the staff were a little baffled as well. Not all the restaurants there are managed by RC since it's shared with Patina. Per staff, Arabesque is going through a slight renovation, which is weird because this whole property is brand new
Patina is just bad. Very bad.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 12:15 am

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
Hello all - I'm a long time lurker on this thread and I've read every post! I've been to the SR in 2018/2019 and I'm planning a visit to the RC in 2023.

I see many of you debating whether the sunset or sunrise overwater villas are better in terms of views/warmth/wind/snorkelling. Say if I wanted to try both villa types, would it be a good idea to redeem 2-3 nights in the Ocean Pool Villa (= sunrise) and 2-3 nights in the Lagoon Pool Villa (= sunset)? I don't mind having to pack/unpack in the middle of the stay, since I travel very light anyway. And since I'll have 2 separate (redemption) bookings, I assume they will be able to combine the 2 stays into 1, so that I don't have to pay the speedboat transfer twice?
Old Mar 13, 2022, 12:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott LTP/PE
Originally Posted by Psychiatrist
Hello all - I'm a long time lurker on this thread and I've read every post! I've been to the SR in 2018/2019 and I'm planning a visit to the RC in 2023.

I see many of you debating whether the sunset or sunrise overwater villas are better in terms of views/warmth/wind/snorkelling. Say if I wanted to try both villa types, would it be a good idea to redeem 2-3 nights in the Ocean Pool Villa (= sunrise) and 2-3 nights in the Lagoon Pool Villa (= sunset)? I don't mind having to pack/unpack in the middle of the stay, since I travel very light anyway. And since I'll have 2 separate (redemption) bookings, I assume they will be able to combine the 2 stays into 1, so that I don't have to pay the speedboat transfer twice?
you'd end up paying an extra 100000 points because you’d miss the “get one night free when you book 5 nights” benefit.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 9:53 am

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by buddman
you'd end up paying an extra 100000 points because you’d miss the “get one night free when you book 5 nights” benefit.
Unfortunately I cannot get the 5th night free as I'll be using points + cash (I don't have enough points to redeem 4 nights, even after purchasing the points with the current points bonus).

(And I might only go for 4 nights total, which I think is the maximum I can spend at one resort without getting bored.)

Back to my question, does 2 nights in a lagoon overwater villa + 2 nights in ocean overwater villa make sense?
Old Mar 13, 2022, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Psychiatrist
Back to my question, does 2 nights in a lagoon overwater villa + 2 nights in ocean overwater villa make sense?
I’m going for 7 days and plan to do the same for my last 2 nights. If you can secure both rooms upfront and you don’t mind switching rooms I would go for it.. that way you get two different experiences.

Last edited by jcave114; Mar 15, 2022 at 8:09 pm
Old Mar 15, 2022, 11:40 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Is the daily sunrise yoga free of charge?
Any other fitness classes on offer?
Old Mar 19, 2022, 2:32 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Originally Posted by kkl

thanks
Interested to know this too, and what the in-room breakfast options are like.

Going to be there next month!
Old Mar 20, 2022, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by kkl
im curious as well, specially breakfast options. Is there anyone at the resort that might be able to post pics?
Old Mar 20, 2022, 8:24 am
kkl

If anyone has speculative bookings which they are going to cancel mid May please let know !

hestisted on booking and have missed out
Old Mar 20, 2022, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by kkl
If anyone has speculative bookings which they are going to cancel mid May please let know !

hestisted on booking and have missed out
I just saw availability on the website, any reason you can't just book it?
Old Mar 21, 2022, 12:08 am
kkl

Originally Posted by LiquidHonesty
I just saw availability on the website, any reason you can't just book it?
Managed to grab more nights, just need a couple more 15/16/17

wow they became available

Last edited by kkl; Mar 21, 2022 at 12:56 am
Old Mar 21, 2022, 12:24 pm

Last day of stay late boat (23:00 hour MLE depart)

Hi,

has anyone had experience with late depart from RC? I was debating if I need to use another 100k points or not for last day. Resort mentioned that they could do a late evening boat transfer, but I wonder how using resort would work and if they would actually be accommodating for such a late depart. I’m sure I could checkout at 11 or 12 and enjoy the faculties no problem for 8 hours if they allow. Sounded like they were open to it. I just don’t want any complications- -and technically since point stay as well doesn’t maybe matter but would be maybe ‘early departure’ too. Obviously room has some benefits but the 100k is a lot to throw away for a half day of a room -but Better than spending another 3k 😂 ideally they are honest in stating we could leave our bags and stay enjoying the resort without our room after checkout and then take a late boat- just wanting to confirm anyone who might have similar situation. (Yes could do earlier flight but then I’m 10hr layover Singapore vs 8 hours on nice RC resort thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.