Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Feel free to add to this wiki
June 2023 Item of Potential Interest: Link to thread alleging rape of solo female Chinese tourist at the property.
Main details
(Dec 2022) The RC Maldives has its entire "Sales Kit" online, incl. pricing for
activities, spa, weddings; and maps/pictures/video/logos/floor plans: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Ad23r_g_CovQo_

Some useful maps at these posts:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33274629-post89.html - also lists types of villas available
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33275048-post95.html - map with villa #'s

cmhsieh54's 8-page trip report (Dec 2022), in post #1204

Food & Beverage service
*There is no free breakfast amenity at this property for Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Titanium/Ambassador.*
(Dec 2022) There is also no 'elite hour' (i.e. Happy Hour) or daily 'afternoon tea'.

(Dec 2022) The extremely comprehensive RC Maldives F&B guest webapp is here at this link, incl. all rest. menus
and room service prices:

https://mi.vserve-protecht.com/welco...JCZmpFZz0/1001
Unfortunately a scary-looking link, but it's legit. See post #1167.

Email address [email protected]

Transfer Prices
Shared Speedboat (45mins) - $901 per adult, $339 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private 48' Speedboat - $2800 per person
Yacht transfer no longer offered as a paid option as of February 2022, but there are reports of the
hotel offering it at their discretion

Shared Seaplane (10 mins) - $1,400 per adult, $700 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private Seaplane - $9.500

This cost applies to all guests, regardless of cash booking vs. points booking.
All prices are roundtrip, before 23.2% tax. See this website for latest updated
transfer prices: https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...iew/directions

Miscellaneous
Island time: The resort has the clock set one hour ahead of Malé, so the time is GMT +6 hours. Many resorts in the Maldives do this for sunset viewing purposes.

Print Wikipost

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by savannahcat
What kind of power plugs do they have in the villas? We are coming from US and wondering if i
need to buy a converter. Thank you.
They support mostly every country's plug AFAIK, I had no problem with US plugs. Kinda wasted space in my luggage hauling our power converters.

Originally Posted by 747-800i
Just burned 300k pts for 3 nights before the deval hits.
You might as well stay an extra 2 nights for 100K points more. That'll really maximize your points IMO
Old Mar 2, 2022, 11:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by wsc
Going just for 3 nights to Maldives? Or part of a longer trip to the country? If former, 3 days is too short IMHO given transfer costs, unless flight to MLE is a quick one.
Originally Posted by justlaz
They support mostly every country's plug AFAIK, I had no problem with US plugs. Kinda wasted space in my luggage hauling our power converters.

You might as well stay an extra 2 nights for 100K points more. That'll really maximize your points IMO
We don't dive, so I think more than 3 nights and we'll be bored to tears. Going to the Amans in Sri Lanka after.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA PlatExec, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by 747-800i
We don't dive, so I think more than 3 nights and we'll be bored to tears. Going to the Amans in Sri Lanka after.
We don't dive (used to in a former life) but I was sad to leave after 7 night. For us though, just a scenic place to relax, read books, take walks/rides and have a nice dinner. The transfer is a faff though, MLE is not very organized, so that'll probably take 6hrs out of your schedule, all-in. Our boat xfer back was dramatic and slow though, due to it being dark and crazy windy.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 3:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pwhite8314
We don't dive (used to in a former life) but I was sad to leave after 7 night. For us though, just a scenic place to relax, read books, take walks/rides and have a nice dinner. The transfer is a faff though, MLE is not very organized, so that'll probably take 6hrs out of your schedule, all-in. Our boat xfer back was dramatic and slow though, due to it being dark and crazy windy.
We have a loooot of scenic relaxing in French Polynesia and the Seychelles coming up in the time frame before Maldives then Sri Lankan Amans after so I think 3 will be sufficient. If I am wrong we can always go back!
Old Mar 2, 2022, 11:04 pm

Any new DPs on room upgrades or free breakfast with Platinum status? Guesing they won't give an exception about the breakfast
Old Mar 2, 2022, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Enishi
Any new DPs on room upgrades or free breakfast with Platinum status? Guesing they won't give an exception about the breakfast
No free breakfast with ambassador status....
Old Mar 3, 2022, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by Enishi
They were at 98% capacity when I was there last month, definitely no upgrades or free breakfast (I'm Titanium). There is a 20% food and beverage discount but you're going to need to ask for it because it was not automatic.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 6:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott LTP/PE
Originally Posted by worldcurious
They were at 98% capacity when I was there last month, definitely no upgrades or free breakfast (I'm Titanium). There is a 20% food and beverage discount but you're going to need to ask for it because it was not automatic.
a 20% FaB discount is more value than free breakfast.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by worldcurious
The 20% was a campaign that officially ended for the Maldives resorts. Most people asking have been told clearly that it was no longer applicable. I guessing it will come back for off peak. If you got it for all of your F&B you were either lucky, or very persuasive.

It is still running for a lot of properties across Asia and the included properties can be found by going to this link.

https://marriottbonvoyasia.com/r+b/benefits

While it was running, it was applicable at the St Regis as well.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Mar 3, 2022 at 7:36 am
Old Mar 3, 2022, 9:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott LTP/PE
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The 20% was a campaign that officially ended for the Maldives resorts. Most people asking have been told clearly that it was no longer applicable. I guessing it will come back for off peak. If you got it for all of your F&B you were either lucky, or very persuasive.

It is still running for a lot of properties across Asia and the included properties can be found by going to this link.

https://marriottbonvoyasia.com/r+b/benefits

While it was running, it was applicable at the St Regis as well.

seems active? Just says “Select your location and membership status to see your exclusive benefits at more than 2,700+ venues in Asia Pacific” and I selected Maldives in the drop down and I get this. Or, they have a very misleading website design?

pic uploader

Last edited by buddman; Mar 3, 2022 at 9:05 am
Old Mar 3, 2022, 10:47 am

I have a 7 day trip booked in September. Some questions that I have:
  • think that's off-peak season, do you think the chance of getting upgraded will be pretty good at that time?
  • Is the afternoon tea a decent amount? I'm thinking of just getting a late breakfast and load up, get some afternoon tea, and light dinner. (My wife and I generally only eat breakfast and dinner anyways). I figure this would be a good way to save money on F&B, of course there will be nights where we will want to splurge more.
  • I have enough points to tack on an 8th night, while I know it's personal preference, but in general do you guys always wish you could've stayed an extra day?
  • I still haven't 100% finalized this yet, I have both the STR and RC booked at the same time (one with hold on points). I'll need to make a decision ASAP. I've read a lot of reviews about both, and I think I'm leaning more towards RC because it seems like there are more free activities to do there. In the reviews, I see casual free activities like beach volleyball, pool, table tennis, foosball, beaches across multiple islands. Whereas I don't think I've seen those in the STR reviews I read. Is this a fair assessment?
Thanks.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 1:20 pm
wsc

My personal view is 6 days is just right (checking in midday, leaving around 1-2pm) if its you and partner (no kids) and you are the laid back type, doing the odd activity, no diving etc. having done 6 & 5 & 8 nights in Maldives in my late 20s and early 30s. I would if possible look to spice it up by changing room categories (done this every time) but bit harder / higher cat rooms at RC go crazy expensive.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by buddman
seems active? Just says “Select your location and membership status to see your exclusive benefits at more than 2,700+ venues in Asia Pacific” and I selected Maldives in the drop down and I get this. Or, they have a very misleading website design?

pic uploader
The campaign is principally active, but you have to look at the participating restaurants

How it looks for Tokyo.

The earning 10 points per USD for walk-in dining part is still active at all restaurants in the Maldives. So if you are staying at the Patina, and dines at the Ritz Carlton outlets, you can get points. I guess that is the only practical example of walk-in dining in the Maldives.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 8:11 am

Programs: UA GS, AA PLAT, DL PLAT, EK SILVER
I understand Mark Hehir (GM) is departing for new opportunities out of the Maldives. Sounds like a big loss given his experience at great resorts in the Maldives. Any idea who is taking his role?
Old Mar 4, 2022, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by SvenB1414
I understand Mark Hehir (GM) is departing for new opportunities out of the Maldives. Sounds like a big loss given his experience at great resorts in the Maldives. Any idea who is taking his role?
wow leaving after like 1 year of operation? Wonder what’s happening at the Ritz or where he’s going.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.