Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Feel free to add to this wiki
June 2023 Item of Potential Interest: Link to thread alleging rape of solo female Chinese tourist at the property.
Main details
(Dec 2022) The RC Maldives has its entire "Sales Kit" online, incl. pricing for
activities, spa, weddings; and maps/pictures/video/logos/floor plans: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Ad23r_g_CovQo_

Some useful maps at these posts:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33274629-post89.html - also lists types of villas available
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33275048-post95.html - map with villa #'s

cmhsieh54's 8-page trip report (Dec 2022), in post #1204

Food & Beverage service
*There is no free breakfast amenity at this property for Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Titanium/Ambassador.*
(Dec 2022) There is also no 'elite hour' (i.e. Happy Hour) or daily 'afternoon tea'.

(Dec 2022) The extremely comprehensive RC Maldives F&B guest webapp is here at this link, incl. all rest. menus
and room service prices:

https://mi.vserve-protecht.com/welco...JCZmpFZz0/1001
Unfortunately a scary-looking link, but it's legit. See post #1167.

Email address [email protected]

Transfer Prices
Shared Speedboat (45mins) - $901 per adult, $339 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private 48' Speedboat - $2800 per person
Yacht transfer no longer offered as a paid option as of February 2022, but there are reports of the
hotel offering it at their discretion

Shared Seaplane (10 mins) - $1,400 per adult, $700 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private Seaplane - $9.500

This cost applies to all guests, regardless of cash booking vs. points booking.
All prices are roundtrip, before 23.2% tax. See this website for latest updated
transfer prices: https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...iew/directions

Miscellaneous
Island time: The resort has the clock set one hour ahead of Malé, so the time is GMT +6 hours. Many resorts in the Maldives do this for sunset viewing purposes.

Print Wikipost

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2022, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by ziegeo
Thank you for taking the time to reply! There were some comments upthread about a few good spots for snorkeling close to one of the 2BR villas on the sunset side. Is it actually possible/allowed to snorkel there if your villa is on the sunrise side? I’m not sure whether those spots are far enough from other villas in order not to bother anyone, but close enough to get there on your own.
i don’t think there’s a restriction. I’ve seen some folks swimming near the spa in the oval as well. The beach outside the beach villas (sunset side) is open to all guests as well.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 4:01 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Noticed today that the points rates for higher villa categories skyrocketed today. The base room still remains the same.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Noticed today that the points rates for higher villa categories skyrocketed today. The base room still remains the same.
​​​​​​
They are probably starting to see a solid cash booking business. When I spoke to the GM he was quite clear about the benefits of using Bonvoy to fill rooms in a period where a lot of the usual markets where quite dry. So I'd assume as soon as he sees the usual markets start to grow he'd scale back on the Bonvoy availability, or increase the points costs.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 12:21 pm
wsc

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Ah that is a shame! 5 nights peak for Beach Villa now 900K vs 750k before / 400k + $2500 vs 400K + $1500 I think before! Crikey.... sad times
Old Feb 28, 2022, 2:22 pm
Suspended

Just burned 300k pts for 3 nights before the deval hits.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by wsc
Ah that is a shame! 5 nights peak for Beach Villa now 900K vs 750k before / 400k + $2500 vs 400K + $1500 I think before! Crikey.... sad times
Well, looked for Nov-22 and even the base overwater lagoons are now 750k or 400k+$1250.
Have a points advance reservation for 400k that I reserved in Jan, hope it sticks until the points are in my account.

Edit- my bad, looks like the base 'ocean view' rooms are sold out, the ones showing 750k are the lagoon view ones which was always the case.

Last edited by senyah; Mar 1, 2022 at 7:25 am Reason: incorrect info
Old Feb 28, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by senyah
Well, looked for Nov-22 and even the base overwater lagoons are now 750k or 400k+$1250.
Have a points advance reservation for 400k that I reserved in Jan, hope it sticks until the points are in my account.
How can they charge a premium or surcharge for a base room?
Old Feb 28, 2022, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA PlatExec, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Dn10
is it directly visible from the Ritz and an eye sore?
It's visible from the sunset side, but it just looks like another Maldivian island, not an eyesore at all. They have started construction, so far it's on the opposite side of the island, so all we could see from our (sunrise) villa was the occasional boat delivering trees for planting. This was back in Nov 21. My only reason for not booking the sunset side again would be the wind, but not the fact there's another island off in the distance, it's something else to look at. I'm trying to remember from flying the drone how far it is, maybe 0.75ml away?
Old Feb 28, 2022, 4:19 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by senyah
Originally Posted by friedablass
How can they charge a premium or surcharge for a base room?
That is not the standard room here. The standard room is
"Overwater, 1 Bedroom Villa, 1 King, Ocean view"
friedablass and senyah like this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by pwhite8314
I'm trying to remember from flying the drone how far it is, maybe 0.75ml away?
Wait, I thought flying the drone there was a NONO? Didn't they call you out? I'd be afraid I'd make others mad thinking i'm spying on them since the villas are supposed to be "private".
Old Mar 1, 2022, 12:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Delta Platinum
What kind of power plugs do they have in the villas? We are coming from US and wondering if i
need to buy a converter. Thank you.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by savannahcat
What kind of power plugs do they have in the villas? We are coming from US and wondering if i
need to buy a converter. Thank you.
International multi, I think the only one not fitting is the South African style plugs
Old Mar 1, 2022, 11:37 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by wsc
In my case it was 400K + $1750 for a beach villa vs. 400K + $4250 today. That is a major jump.

Luckily I have a confirmed reservation for 7 nights.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 6:48 am

Programs: AA PlatExec, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by LiquidHonesty
Wait, I thought flying the drone there was a NONO? Didn't they call you out? I'd be afraid I'd make others mad thinking i'm spying on them since the villas are supposed to be "private".
Maybe they have a policy now, but there was nothing last year. We were respectful of course, basically flew up and out, so we were never buzzing the front of any of the villas :-). I know at least two of our neighbors had drones too, so it is, or was, a thing, but maybe back then the resort was more lenient to get more online buzz. There literally wasn't a single breakfast without an 'influencer' with a camera strapped to head and/or recording every mouthful of breakfast. The staff were welcoming of it, it annoyed me, everyone thinks they're an influencer there days...
Old Mar 2, 2022, 11:04 am
wsc

Originally Posted by 747-800i
Just burned 300k pts for 3 nights before the deval hits.
Going just for 3 nights to Maldives? Or part of a longer trip to the country? If former, 3 days is too short IMHO given transfer costs, unless flight to MLE is a quick one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.