Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Feel free to add to this wiki
June 2023 Item of Potential Interest: Link to thread alleging rape of solo female Chinese tourist at the property.
Main details
(Dec 2022) The RC Maldives has its entire "Sales Kit" online, incl. pricing for
activities, spa, weddings; and maps/pictures/video/logos/floor plans: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Ad23r_g_CovQo_

Some useful maps at these posts:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33274629-post89.html - also lists types of villas available
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33275048-post95.html - map with villa #'s

cmhsieh54's 8-page trip report (Dec 2022), in post #1204

Food & Beverage service
*There is no free breakfast amenity at this property for Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Titanium/Ambassador.*
(Dec 2022) There is also no 'elite hour' (i.e. Happy Hour) or daily 'afternoon tea'.

(Dec 2022) The extremely comprehensive RC Maldives F&B guest webapp is here at this link, incl. all rest. menus
and room service prices:

https://mi.vserve-protecht.com/welco...JCZmpFZz0/1001
Unfortunately a scary-looking link, but it's legit. See post #1167.

Email address [email protected]

Transfer Prices
Shared Speedboat (45mins) - $901 per adult, $339 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private 48' Speedboat - $2800 per person
Yacht transfer no longer offered as a paid option as of February 2022, but there are reports of the
hotel offering it at their discretion

Shared Seaplane (10 mins) - $1,400 per adult, $700 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private Seaplane - $9.500

This cost applies to all guests, regardless of cash booking vs. points booking.
All prices are roundtrip, before 23.2% tax. See this website for latest updated
transfer prices: https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...iew/directions

Miscellaneous
Island time: The resort has the clock set one hour ahead of Malé, so the time is GMT +6 hours. Many resorts in the Maldives do this for sunset viewing purposes.

Print Wikipost

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2022, 11:44 am

Looks like he’s going to Jumeirah
Old Mar 4, 2022, 11:45 am

Programs: AA PlatExec, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by SvenB1414
I understand Mark Hehir (GM) is departing for new opportunities out of the Maldives. Sounds like a big loss given his experience at great resorts in the Maldives. Any idea who is taking his role?
Curious as to the source of this, although maybe he was always the guy to get it off the ground before moving on. He's been involved for much longer than a year, so might have always been a 2 or 3 year contract.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by pwhite8314
Curious as to the source of this, although maybe he was always the guy to get it off the ground before moving on. He's been involved for much longer than a year, so might have always been a 2 or 3 year contract.
Linkedin. Looks like he's been involved for 2 years total, 1 of which the site had guests.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Dn10
Linkedin. Looks like he's been involved for 2 years total, 1 of which the site had guests.
It's a year already since they welcomed their first guests? I though it was like in June but maybe I just don't remember correctly.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by SvenB1414
I understand Mark Hehir (GM) is departing for new opportunities out of the Maldives. Sounds like a big loss given his experience at great resorts in the Maldives. Any idea who is taking his role?
Talking to him, I got an impression that he was very much a start up guy. Getting the resort up running in a structured way was his speciality.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Mar 4, 2022 at 4:02 pm
Old Mar 4, 2022, 4:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Delta Platinum
Hi folks, we arrive on March 8th. Should we be expecting an email from the resort on what to expect once we arrive at the airport?
Old Mar 4, 2022, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by savannahcat
Hi folks, we arrive on March 8th. Should we be expecting an email from the resort on what to expect once we arrive at the airport?
I received an initial email asking about arrival flight times and various other things. Then later an email asking about my preference for transport to the hotel, and a request to settle that in advance of the stay. As for the arrival experience, there Wass just a note that there would be Ritz Carlton associates waiting at arrivals with an RC sign.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I received an initial email asking about arrival flight times and various other things. Then later an email asking about my preference for transport to the hotel, and a request to settle that in advance of the stay. As for the arrival experience, there Wass just a note that there would be Ritz Carlton associates waiting at arrivals with an RC sign.
Thank you. I provided all the info around arrival on the initial booking reach out and settled the boat transfer fee a couple weeks ago. Appreciate the response. I'll probably send them a note tomorrow just to confirm everything is good.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you. I provided all the info around arrival on the initial booking reach out and settled the boat transfer fee a couple weeks ago. Appreciate the response. I'll probably send them a note tomorrow just to confirm everything is good.
Then all is fine. No need to worry. Just look for someone holding an RC sign when you exit from arrivals.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass
It's a year already since they welcomed their first guests? I though it was like in June but maybe I just don't remember correctly.
I rounded. You’re right.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by worldcurious
They were at 98% capacity when I was there last month, definitely no upgrades or free breakfast (I'm Titanium). There is a 20% food and beverage discount but you're going to need to ask for it because it was not automatic.
When did you stay there to get the 20%? I've asked twice now, and both times they've rejected. Did you ask the restaurant or did they add it to your reservation?
Old Mar 5, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
When did you stay there to get the 20%? I've asked twice now, and both times they've rejected. Did you ask the restaurant or did they add it to your reservation?
Please read post 594. The discount expired and is no longer offered.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 11:34 am

Just wrapping up a great stay here, titanium points stay for 6 nights. Got upgraded to a lagoon view, so we've had a hot pool and limited wind. The wind is subject to change so check before arrival.

re the 20% discount this was honoured instantly when we mentioned it to the butler on arrival, I believe this is because we booked in 2021, Staff at all the restaurants required prompting to apply it sometimes but it was never argued about.

Elite hour has free drinks and cocktails for an hour and really makes up for the lack of free breakfast.
friedablass and noeatbutgo like this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by dgreen12
Please read post 594. The discount expired and is no longer offered.
yes I’m aware what’s why I asked when he stayed. Thanks.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 6:37 pm

Are excursions and jet ski rentals charged to the room or do you need to pay up front with a credit card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.