Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Feel free to add to this wiki
June 2023 Item of Potential Interest: Link to thread alleging rape of solo female Chinese tourist at the property.
Main details
(Dec 2022) The RC Maldives has its entire "Sales Kit" online, incl. pricing for
activities, spa, weddings; and maps/pictures/video/logos/floor plans: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Ad23r_g_CovQo_

Some useful maps at these posts:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33274629-post89.html - also lists types of villas available
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33275048-post95.html - map with villa #'s

cmhsieh54's 8-page trip report (Dec 2022), in post #1204

Food & Beverage service
*There is no free breakfast amenity at this property for Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Titanium/Ambassador.*
(Dec 2022) There is also no 'elite hour' (i.e. Happy Hour) or daily 'afternoon tea'.

(Dec 2022) The extremely comprehensive RC Maldives F&B guest webapp is here at this link, incl. all rest. menus
and room service prices:

https://mi.vserve-protecht.com/welco...JCZmpFZz0/1001
Unfortunately a scary-looking link, but it's legit. See post #1167.

Email address [email protected]

Transfer Prices
Shared Speedboat (45mins) - $901 per adult, $339 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private 48' Speedboat - $2800 per person
Yacht transfer no longer offered as a paid option as of February 2022, but there are reports of the
hotel offering it at their discretion

Shared Seaplane (10 mins) - $1,400 per adult, $700 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private Seaplane - $9.500

This cost applies to all guests, regardless of cash booking vs. points booking.
All prices are roundtrip, before 23.2% tax. See this website for latest updated
transfer prices: https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...iew/directions

Miscellaneous
Island time: The resort has the clock set one hour ahead of Malé, so the time is GMT +6 hours. Many resorts in the Maldives do this for sunset viewing purposes.

Print Wikipost

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2022, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by kkl
Managed to grab more nights, just need a couple more 15/16/17

wow they became available
Cool, you're leaving the day we're arriving.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by Devon Rogalski
Hi,

has anyone had experience with late depart from RC? I was debating if I need to use another 100k points or not for last day. Resort mentioned that they could do a late evening boat transfer, but I wonder how using resort would work and if they would actually be accommodating for such a late depart. I’m sure I could checkout at 11 or 12 and enjoy the faculties no problem for 8 hours if they allow. Sounded like they were open to it. I just don’t want any complications- -and technically since point stay as well doesn’t maybe matter but would be maybe ‘early departure’ too. Obviously room has some benefits but the 100k is a lot to throw away for a half day of a room -but Better than spending another 3k 😂 ideally they are honest in stating we could leave our bags and stay enjoying the resort without our room after checkout and then take a late boat- just wanting to confirm anyone who might have similar situation. (Yes could do earlier flight but then I’m 10hr layover Singapore vs 8 hours on nice RC resort thanks!
We stayed on points and could not obtain a late check out. So, we left our room at noon and hung out at the beach club for a couple of hours until it was time to take the water shuttle to Male. There's showers at the dive shop if you want to do a quick rinse and change before getting on the shuttle. We are able to charge to our room # even though we had checked out.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 5:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
After having a great experience at St Regis in 2019, we have booked Ritz for six nights for next March.

The only thing is, to ensure maximum flexibility in terms of flight options, I booked five nights in a first reservation and one night in a second reservation, for a total of 500K points.

Will the hotel charge us TWICE for the speedboat transfer? I hope not, will the hotel recognize its two reservations in ONE constructive stay?

We debated long re: going back to St Regis or doing Ritz. At the end, wanting to experience both won over free breakfast.

Thanks!!
Old Mar 21, 2022, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
After having a great experience at St Regis in 2019, we have booked Ritz for six nights for next March.

The only thing is, to ensure maximum flexibility in terms of flight options, I booked five nights in a first reservation and one night in a second reservation, for a total of 500K points.

Will the hotel charge us TWICE for the speedboat transfer? I hope not, will the hotel recognize its two reservations in ONE constructive stay?

We debated long re: going back to St Regis or doing Ritz. At the end, wanting to experience both won over free breakfast.

Thanks!!
They'll only charge you for the transfers you actually use. The transfers is just listed as parts of the fixed add ons when you make a booking. So if you split your stay on multiple bookings, it will show one transfer cost per booking in the app. The actual charges will not include this.

My booking was 5+1 nights. I had initially booked the 5 nights, but when flight were arranged, I had to add a night. So I also had two transfer costs showing on the app.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 10:03 am

Hey, I'm planning a trip to either the Ritz or str this October/November. Like many others here, I Can't decide which one is better even after reading through the whole forum 😬.
I emailed Ritz though and apparently they don't have any non motorized activities like kayaking included? I seen some people mention that was included so a bit confused.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 10:50 am

can someone remind me, do they allow private boat transfers? Are they like WA where they will not allow private transfer? I found a private transfer that is 50% of what they charge.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by libuser
can someone remind me, do they allow private boat transfers? Are they like WA where they will not allow private transfer? I found a private transfer that is 50% of what they charge.
They will generally not allow private transfers.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 10:50 pm

W or RC

Hello. Been reading through the forum and appreciating everyone’s inputs. Just curious if anyone can compare between the W and the RC. Looking at November dates and there’s some availability on points for the RC still. Can’t decide.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 9:13 pm

Does anyone have the menu for the restaurants or know what to expect? We plan on having breakfast and dinner and are budgeting $700 USD daily. I think we might need to up this a bit, but booked knowing the devaluation was coming. The W was awesome, I can't expect this to be any worse (except prices!).
Old Mar 25, 2022, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Adriano Viterbo
Does anyone have the menu for the restaurants or know what to expect? We plan on having breakfast and dinner and are budgeting $700 USD daily. I think we might need to up this a bit, but booked knowing the devaluation was coming. The W was awesome, I can't expect this to be any worse (except prices!).
for 2 people? If you’re not big drinkers of fancy wine you’ll be fine.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 8:52 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Noticed today that the points rates for higher villa categories skyrocketed today. The base room still remains the same.
Noticed today the rates went down, big time as well.

I had a reservation prior to the hike mentioned above, the rates today is even lower than what I originally booked. Just rebooked my stay and saved over $1K.
Fishy likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA SLVR, DL Gold, QR SLVR,HYATT GLOBALIST,MB TITANIUM,IHG Spire, ALL GLD,Hertz PrezCirc.
Great info! Thank you!
Old Mar 25, 2022, 1:13 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager

here you go:

http://marriott.vserve-protecht.com/...WdYRHdQaz0/1/1
Blake22222 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 2:28 pm

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Honestly, I don't think you'll be spending more than that. The portions are actually quite big and we're big eaters. If you're trying to save, just go with a la carte with all your meals (except breakfast) and skip on the tasting menus getting 2 apps, 2 entrees will run you about $200-250 I think total and it's definitely more than enough food. Add in drinks, you'll spend probably another $100. It's not as bad as you think and you can always order more, but budgeting $700 more than enough. The tasting menus at all the places turned out to be way too much food and a bit of a waste. The buffets were also too much food and a bit expensive for what it is.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by lsed
thank you so much! Is this the in room dining menu?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.