Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Feel free to add to this wiki
June 2023 Item of Potential Interest: Link to thread alleging rape of solo female Chinese tourist at the property.
Main details
(Dec 2022) The RC Maldives has its entire "Sales Kit" online, incl. pricing for
activities, spa, weddings; and maps/pictures/video/logos/floor plans: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Ad23r_g_CovQo_

Some useful maps at these posts:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33274629-post89.html - also lists types of villas available
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33275048-post95.html - map with villa #'s

cmhsieh54's 8-page trip report (Dec 2022), in post #1204

Food & Beverage service
*There is no free breakfast amenity at this property for Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Titanium/Ambassador.*
(Dec 2022) There is also no 'elite hour' (i.e. Happy Hour) or daily 'afternoon tea'.

(Dec 2022) The extremely comprehensive RC Maldives F&B guest webapp is here at this link, incl. all rest. menus
and room service prices:

https://mi.vserve-protecht.com/welco...JCZmpFZz0/1001
Unfortunately a scary-looking link, but it's legit. See post #1167.

Email address [email protected]

Transfer Prices
Shared Speedboat (45mins) - $901 per adult, $339 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private 48' Speedboat - $2800 per person
Yacht transfer no longer offered as a paid option as of February 2022, but there are reports of the
hotel offering it at their discretion

Shared Seaplane (10 mins) - $1,400 per adult, $700 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private Seaplane - $9.500

This cost applies to all guests, regardless of cash booking vs. points booking.
All prices are roundtrip, before 23.2% tax. See this website for latest updated
transfer prices: https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...iew/directions

Miscellaneous
Island time: The resort has the clock set one hour ahead of Malé, so the time is GMT +6 hours. Many resorts in the Maldives do this for sunset viewing purposes.

Print Wikipost

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2022, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Simon Uden
Does anyone have the in-room mini bar selection and price list please? When you crack a bottle do you buy the whole thing?

apologies if already answered trying to do this with a broken elbow and tried to go back in time but not sure I made it through all pages.

thank you!
​​​​​​The soft drinks are free, but yes if you open a bottle of alcohol, and they are generally not mini bottle sized, you pay for the whole thing.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
​​​​​​The soft drinks are free, but yes if you open a bottle of alcohol, and they are generally not mini bottle sized, you pay for the whole thing.

thanks, yes kind of figured. Any idea on pricing/selection? Thx!!
Old Apr 7, 2022, 12:32 am

Anyone know if there is cocktail hour still? Is it half off drinks?

I read it a few times on this thread but don't think anyone confirmed the details!

I know there's afternoon tea everyday for bonvoy members
Old Apr 8, 2022, 9:34 am
kkl

Feedback on food/beverages please

going full ala carte. Any must try’s? Going for 1 week

thanks!
Old Apr 9, 2022, 7:07 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, Bonvoy Amb, Delta Plat
I'm curious about the cocktail hour as well. I asked the hotel and they reiterated that there was the afternoon tea, but no cocktail hour. I wonder if the new GM scrubbed it?
Old Apr 9, 2022, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by NSCan
I'm curious about the cocktail hour as well. I asked the hotel and they reiterated that there was the afternoon tea, but no cocktail hour. I wonder if the new GM scrubbed it?
I think there is just one poster that has reported a cocktail hour. There certainly was no cocktail hour when we were there. So if it came and went, it had a very brief lifespan.
NSCan likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 7:40 am

Programs: AA PlatPro, Bonvoy Amb, Delta Plat
No other fees on an award stay.

The 300 series are Lagoon villas, and considered an upgrade from the base over water villas.
Am I understanding correctly from most, that the ocean villas are preferable? I intend to use our pool and a sunrise villa would presumably warm it up much more rapidly than the sunset...

Also, how was the ac and the internet in the OWV? We both may have to work for a few hours while there and will need a decent internet connection for video conferencing. Sigh.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 7:55 am

I think there is just one poster that has reported a cocktail hour. There certainly was no cocktail hour when we were there. So if it came and went, it had a very brief lifespan.
I was there in February and the cocktail hour was from either 4-5 or 5-6 (can't remember now, and actually on our last night they told us it was really only 45 minutes, not an hour) at Eau Bar. It was for elites only and had a small selection of drinks that are complimentary.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 8:31 am
kkl

According to the time table sent - managerial drinks on Thursday 7-8pm

SANGU SUNDOWNER RESORT COCKTAIL HOUR Beach Shack 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Old Apr 9, 2022, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by kkl
According to the time table sent - managerial drinks on Thursday 7-8pm
During my stay that was a separate event at the beach, in addition to the daily elite hour at Eau Bar (except not on Thursdays when the manger's reception would occur instead)
Old Apr 9, 2022, 8:18 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Originally Posted by worldcurious
During my stay that was a separate event at the beach, in addition to the daily elite hour at Eau Bar (except not on Thursdays when the manger's reception would occur instead)
Was the elite hour also for Gold members? What’s on offer?
Old Apr 11, 2022, 11:32 am

Anyone know if the speedboat cost is billed as travel for AMEX?

and I have a 7PM departure flight, what should I expect? Stay at the airport lounge?

Thanks!
Old Apr 14, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, United 1K, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by ecgz88
Anyone know if the speedboat cost is billed as travel for AMEX?

and I have a 7PM departure flight, what should I expect? Stay at the airport lounge?

Thanks!
As per post #631 in this thread, it does code as a Marriott purchase on AMEX.
ecgz88 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 8:27 am
kkl

Anyone currently onsite? how is the weather at the moment?
Old Apr 14, 2022, 10:03 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by kkl
Anyone currently onsite? how is the weather at the moment?
Cloudy. Arrived today, was looking like rain this morning when I arrived but the afternoon was alternating sunny and cloudy. Tomorrow is supposed to be better!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.