Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Feel free to add to this wiki
June 2023 Item of Potential Interest: Link to thread alleging rape of solo female Chinese tourist at the property.
Main details
(Dec 2022) The RC Maldives has its entire "Sales Kit" online, incl. pricing for
activities, spa, weddings; and maps/pictures/video/logos/floor plans: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Ad23r_g_CovQo_

Some useful maps at these posts:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33274629-post89.html - also lists types of villas available
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33275048-post95.html - map with villa #'s

cmhsieh54's 8-page trip report (Dec 2022), in post #1204

Food & Beverage service
*There is no free breakfast amenity at this property for Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Titanium/Ambassador.*
(Dec 2022) There is also no 'elite hour' (i.e. Happy Hour) or daily 'afternoon tea'.

(Dec 2022) The extremely comprehensive RC Maldives F&B guest webapp is here at this link, incl. all rest. menus
and room service prices:

https://mi.vserve-protecht.com/welco...JCZmpFZz0/1001
Unfortunately a scary-looking link, but it's legit. See post #1167.

Email address [email protected]

Transfer Prices
Shared Speedboat (45mins) - $901 per adult, $339 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private 48' Speedboat - $2800 per person
Yacht transfer no longer offered as a paid option as of February 2022, but there are reports of the
hotel offering it at their discretion

Shared Seaplane (10 mins) - $1,400 per adult, $700 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private Seaplane - $9.500

This cost applies to all guests, regardless of cash booking vs. points booking.
All prices are roundtrip, before 23.2% tax. See this website for latest updated
transfer prices: https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...iew/directions

Miscellaneous
Island time: The resort has the clock set one hour ahead of Malé, so the time is GMT +6 hours. Many resorts in the Maldives do this for sunset viewing purposes.

Print Wikipost

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2022, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by n2bspld
I think we'd rather do a day trip, like you're talking about but we would be up for a sunset cruise or a luxury cruising dinner maybe...we're open to something "reasonable" (it's the maldives after all, lol)
Charges will still be quoted hourly which is USD 950 per hour (Up to 6 persons - excluding taxes). Additional person charge will be USD 100 (excluding taxes).

They are currently checking the [whale shark] sightings and possible snorkeling points for Manta encounter and will certainly update us with a clearer time frame for the trip. They would kindly like to know your preference in terms of duration and if you require services such as Chef on board and other food options.

So it sounds like the “cruise” rate is their standard charter which seems reasonable to me. I’ll see if they’ll give me some pricing options for onboard food/beverage.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 6:04 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Cool! Unfortunately I didn’t make it yet given there has been unlimited free flow champagne at events the last two nights. Are there many people there?
At these free flow events or EauBar events for Elites , can we just have access to a simple Vodka Seven? Thanks for any feedback.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 11:22 am

Aloha all, here is the latest price guide for activities as of today 4/22/2022 includes price to book each of their boats....

Ocean of Discoveries
Blake22222 and Kevin Weldon like this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by godbreath
What were the events that served free champagne?
The Manager’s Reception every Thursday offers champagne and cocktails (decent champagne - seems to be a blend of Veuve Clicquot and other stuff). Then over Easter there were special events with free flow champagne, performers etc to celebrate, but normally this is just once per week. You can get mimosas with breakfast every day but I’m not sure what they make them with - I forgot to ask!
Old Apr 22, 2022, 12:15 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
You can get mimosas with breakfast every day but I’m not sure what they make them with - I forgot to ask!
I can recall they were premium Champagne but also can't recall which one.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by LiquidHonesty
Aloha all, here is the latest price guide for activities as of today 4/22/2022 includes price to book each of their boats....

Ocean of Discoveries
thanks for sharing this!
Old Apr 22, 2022, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The Manager’s Reception every Thursday offers champagne and cocktails (decent champagne - seems to be a blend of Veuve Clicquot and other stuff). Then over Easter there were special events with free flow champagne, performers etc to celebrate, but normally this is just once per week. You can get mimosas with breakfast every day but I’m not sure what they make them with - I forgot to ask!
They were made with prosecco in January. Did not make a note of the specific one.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
So not a great end to our stay at the Ritz after py first post above. We had to cut it short and transfer our stay to Patina.

It seems like the resort are still going through some issues here and there around F&B. The place is great, and I will definitely return, but until they resolve their whole F&B issues, I'm sure the resort will be one of the best if not the best.

Beach Villas on the sunrise side have a much private beach than the one on the sunset side. Approximately 5 to 6 Villas in each beach. The ones on the sunset side has a wonderful huge beach, and if the weather is behaving go for them.

The kids club is amazing and our daughter had a wonderful time over there.

Now with the issues we faced. We couldn't have a decent meal at any of the restaurants except for the main restaurant (La Locanda). Our first time going for lunch was at Beach Shack which is a great place, but their services are very much lacking. We had a seat by the corner but no one ever showed up to serve us, and once someone came around 15 minutes later after I hollered, they couldn't get the curtains down (due to the high wind). However, every single other curtain was done. So we decided to just dine in the Villa.

Our 2nd experience was at Summer Pavilion for dinner, and this is their Cantonese restaurant. They only serve set menu's, however, starting from tonight they will serve a la carte, I was unhappy hearing about this as I would've preferred going for the A la carte rather than the set menu as the set menu was meh. The appetizers are great, but the main course can be taken at any $5 Cantonese restaurant in San Francisco. Just average. The sommelier is great and did a wonderful job for us, but sadly the food didn't go well with it. And towards the end we had an issue with the table next to us smoking. It seems like the restaurants do have smoking/non-smoking areas. But sadly it is not enforced. So we just got up and left as our child was about to sleep on the couch.

The next day the hotel manager showed up Louis who is actually managing the Ritz in Singapore and is absolutely a delight. He completely understood our issues and in no was was he defensive and we had a great time talking to him, especially that he was a away for the past few days to experience the St. Regis. So we decided to give them a 2nd chance.

around lunch we were told that Beach Shack has a brunch and we decided to go there and ordered a mini burger for our little one with fries (As usual). We waited for a while until the fries showed up but to our surprise they brought wedges and were told that the whole resort was out of French Fries. I mean do not insult my intelligence please, Did you make the wedges with a Tomato?! Again, I'm it's fine if you don't have it at this restaurant, just let us know in advance so we can make other arrangements. Louis wasn't happy with this and tried to make it right but it was our last straw and had to leave.

Again, we will definitely return, but as any resort/hotel, it needs to be opened properly and not have a trial period with some guests. Louis tried but I didn't want to waist over $2000 per night and these small issues aren't fixed. The staff are fantastic, smiles are everywhere. But their F&B needs a whole lot of work. I recommended to get Sunny from the St. Regis as he is just amazing, but I highly doubt Vincent will ever let him go.

For now, if you want to stick to an Overwater Villa, go for the STR. The food is great and the treatment is above and beyond. The Ritz have wonderful beach Villas which are way better than the ones at STR, and I'll go for the Ritz rather than STR in terms of beach area. However, I'll give the Ritz 6 months post opening until everything is straightened out.
So as mentioned last August, we were always very eager to return to the RC. We're planning to be there next week for a week and we are booked in a 2 bedroom sunset beach villa.

We had an issue when the welcome email recieved as it mentioned a Rate different than what was on the booking (around $1K higher) after I have clarified to them that it was different than what was in the conformation email, they replied back that the rate sent was certainly incorrect due to not adding the service charge, and they replied with an even higher rate (now its $2K higher). I then asked for a call as this was not a great start to our plans and I was seriously thinking of moving to the STR. However, a wonderful service rep from the resort called me and we spoke about the issues that I had last year and the miscommunication that happened via emails and asked for a couple of days to get things right.

Thankfully they came through and they even confirmed the Villa location that we wanted. He also asserted that all of the issues that we had last year will not happen this time and for sure things are much better now.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 10:32 am
ek7

Programs: Emirates Skywards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
So as mentioned last August, we were always very eager to return to the RC. We're planning to be there next week for a week and we are booked in a 2 bedroom sunset beach villa.

We had an issue when the welcome email recieved as it mentioned a Rate different than what was on the booking (around $1K higher) after I have clarified to them that it was different than what was in the conformation email, they replied back that the rate sent was certainly incorrect due to not adding the service charge, and they replied with an even higher rate (now its $2K higher). I then asked for a call as this was not a great start to our plans and I was seriously thinking of moving to the STR. However, a wonderful service rep from the resort called me and we spoke about the issues that I had last year and the miscommunication that happened via emails and asked for a couple of days to get things right.

Thankfully they came through and they even confirmed the Villa location that we wanted. He also asserted that all of the issues that we had last year will not happen this time and for sure things are much better now.
We’re almost having the identical issue, travelling early May for a week and staying in a 2 bed sunrise beach villa booked with points and cash.

On the confirmation from Marriott Bonvoy it says estimated Government Taxes & Fees are $300 per night but when we received the email from the Ritz asking for advanced payment in full this had almost doubled (an extra $2,000+ for government taxes & fees).

I know it says estimated but can it really be double the original amount on the Marriott Bonvoy site and the confirmation email?
Old Apr 25, 2022, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by ek7
We’re almost having the identical issue, travelling early May for a week and staying in a 2 bed sunrise beach villa booked with points and cash.

On the confirmation from Marriott Bonvoy it says estimated Government Taxes & Fees are $300 per night but when we received the email from the Ritz asking for advanced payment in full this had almost doubled (an extra $2,000+ for government taxes & fees).

I know it says estimated but can it really be double the original amount on the Marriott Bonvoy site and the confirmation email?
It's due to the rate not having the service charge added. In my case thry messed up a bit when they sent back an email with an even higher rate. You basically need to multiply the room rate with 23.2% and then add the transportation fees, that's how much you should pay.
Kevin Weldon likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 11:10 am
ek7

Programs: Emirates Skywards, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors
It's due to the rate not having the service charge added. In my case thry messed up a bit when they sent back an email with an even higher rate. You basically need to multiply the room rate with 23.2% and then add the transportation fees, that's how much you should pay.
Thanks for the quick reply, I guess I was hoping cash + points reward rooms would have some different tax element (and that the marriott bonvoy platform would display pretty accurate tax rates at the time of booking).

One other quick question, which 2 bed beach villa would you recommend to request?
Old Apr 25, 2022, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by ek7
Thanks for the quick reply, I guess I was hoping cash + points reward rooms would have some different tax element (and that the marriott bonvoy platform would display pretty accurate tax rates at the time of booking).

One other quick question, which 2 bed beach villa would you recommend to request?
If you're going for the sunrise, I guess you can go for the ones on the larger island as the lagoon villas are not in your line of view. They are all nice and cozy and very private. As for sunset, we already secured the one right next to beach Shack as it has the largest beach area of them all.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: AP 50k, UA Silver, MB Titanium, HH Diamond
Does RC allow you to be picked up and onto the resort early (regardless of the villa being available)? Trying to decide between a 2:30 pm arrival or 8:30am arrival.

Ideally would like to spend as much time on the resort as possible but if they're just gonna leave us stranded on the island until later in the day, might as well opt for the later arrival time.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by mynameisdmoon
Does RC allow you to be picked up and onto the resort early (regardless of the villa being available)? Trying to decide between a 2:30 pm arrival or 8:30am arrival.

Ideally would like to spend as much time on the resort as possible but if they're just gonna leave us stranded on the island until later in the day, might as well opt for the later arrival time.
They will pick you up when you arrive, but the room might not be ready. You can hang out at the pool, beach, bar, etc. until the room is ready.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by NEfan22
there’s another couple that was transferred over from the st regis with us for the same dates. They haven’t posted to the ritz thread yet, but that’s possibly 8.
We will be there 5/31-6/3.. if you need 2 extra people to add, would be interested depending on the date you have in mind.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.