Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Feel free to add to this wiki
June 2023 Item of Potential Interest: Link to thread alleging rape of solo female Chinese tourist at the property.
Main details
(Dec 2022) The RC Maldives has its entire "Sales Kit" online, incl. pricing for
activities, spa, weddings; and maps/pictures/video/logos/floor plans: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Ad23r_g_CovQo_

Some useful maps at these posts:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33274629-post89.html - also lists types of villas available
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33275048-post95.html - map with villa #'s

cmhsieh54's 8-page trip report (Dec 2022), in post #1204

Food & Beverage service
*There is no free breakfast amenity at this property for Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Titanium/Ambassador.*
(Dec 2022) There is also no 'elite hour' (i.e. Happy Hour) or daily 'afternoon tea'.

(Dec 2022) The extremely comprehensive RC Maldives F&B guest webapp is here at this link, incl. all rest. menus
and room service prices:

https://mi.vserve-protecht.com/welco...JCZmpFZz0/1001
Unfortunately a scary-looking link, but it's legit. See post #1167.

Email address [email protected]

Transfer Prices
Shared Speedboat (45mins) - $901 per adult, $339 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private 48' Speedboat - $2800 per person
Yacht transfer no longer offered as a paid option as of February 2022, but there are reports of the
hotel offering it at their discretion

Shared Seaplane (10 mins) - $1,400 per adult, $700 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private Seaplane - $9.500

This cost applies to all guests, regardless of cash booking vs. points booking.
All prices are roundtrip, before 23.2% tax. See this website for latest updated
transfer prices: https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...iew/directions

Miscellaneous
Island time: The resort has the clock set one hour ahead of Mal, so the time is GMT +6 hours. Many resorts in the Maldives do this for sunset viewing purposes.

Print Wikipost

Old Apr 26, 2020, 12:52 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG

Found this new property announced late March 2020. The fact that it's 10 minutes by seaplane or 50 minutes by speedboat will make it that much more reachable. Marriott's premium and luxury portfolio are really rounding out - there's a Le Mridien coming next year as well.

Opening late 2020 at what will inevitably be Category 8.

khabah

Marriott debuts in Maldives with Ritz Carlton brand

March 24, 2020 - Marriott International has announced an agreement to debut The Ritz Carlton brand in the Maldives, with a 100-villa resort amid white sandy beaches. The property, to be called The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands, is slated to open in late 2020.The company signed the agreement with CPRC (Maldives), a member of Singapore-based Pontiac Land Group (Pontiac Land), which is developing the resort. “We are pleased to collaborate with Pontiac Land in bringing the Ritz Carlton brand to one of the world’s most famous travel destinations,” said Paul Foskey, chief development officer in Asia Pacific at Marriott International.

The property is located at Fari Islands, in the North Mal Atoll of the Maldives, which is a 50-minute journey by speedboat or a 10-minute seaplane flight from Mal International Airport. The hotel is expected to be a part of Fari Islands, an archipelago that features three world-class hospitality brands inclusive of The Ritz Carlton.

Source: https://www.traveldailymedia.com/mar...IMaFP_GajCC8cA
Old Apr 26, 2020, 2:43 pm

Posted about this on the Bonvoy hotels in the Maldives thread. Heard it could be delayed until 2021 with covid. And being a Ritz, sounds like Ill have to pay for breakfast vs the ambassador amenity. Interesting that it seems like it will be one resort as a part of a broader resort with three hotels. Wonder how that will work. And will the closeness to Male mean that you see and hear a lot more planes? Look forward to hopefully checking it out next year though. Maybe a luxury collection resort will open up soon too.
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 3:34 pm

https://www.pontiacland.com/hospital...-fari-islands/

is this a picture of the resort
Old Apr 26, 2020, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Dn10
Wow...it looks beautiful. We are booked for St. Regis for next spring so might not be able to check out RItz instead if its not opened this year. Hmmm...if traveling 50min by boat will save me the $750 USD per head to the St. Regis on seaplane, I would much prefer to choose Ritz. I dont mind paying for the breakfast since Platinum usually dont get much benefits from Ritz when I can save the expensive sea plane cost.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by musicscrip
Wow...it looks beautiful. We are booked for St. Regis for next spring so might not be able to check out RItz instead if its not opened this year. Hmmm...if traveling 50min by boat will save me the $750 USD per head to the St. Regis on seaplane, I would much prefer to choose Ritz. I dont mind paying for the breakfast since Platinum usually dont get much benefits from Ritz when I can save the expensive sea plane cost.
Im sure the boat will be outrageously priced as well
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 5:22 pm

Im sure the boat will be outrageously priced as well
You might be right. Now I just remember that when we went to Four Seasons Bora Bora 10y ago when it first opened, the 15min boat transfer cost USD$100 if I remember correctly. So if this Ritz boat ride is 50min, I guess I will be paying $500? haha
Old Apr 26, 2020, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by musicscrip
You might be right. Now I just remember that when we went to Four Seasons Bora Bora 10y ago when it first opened, the 15min boat transfer cost USD$100 if I remember correctly. So if this Ritz boat ride is 50min, I guess I will be paying $500? haha
I forget which hotel it is that just recently opened up by an airport but Im pretty sure the price is the same for the boat and the sea plane. Crazy margins but I suppose there is no other way to get there.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 7:29 pm

When I was at the STR a few months ago, I heard a number of butlers and staff saying that theyd be applying for jobs at the Ritz to get a change of scenery. Wonder how many of them will get those jobs and how it will impact the STR.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 10:46 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
I forget which hotel it is that just recently opened up by an airport but Im pretty sure the price is the same for the boat and the sea plane. Crazy margins but I suppose there is no other way to get there.
It was the Waldorf. When it first opened, the speedboat transfer was ~$850. Now it's dropped down to $600/person. Not sure if that resort is farther away from Male, but regardless, it's unlikely the boat option will save anyone more than time.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 7:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
The Ritz looks out of this world. I would love to try it. Pretty sure it will command 100K points per night!
Old Apr 29, 2020, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
The Ritz looks out of this world. I would love to try it. Pretty sure it will command 100K points per night!
Have no clue if it will actually look like that mockup. Tried some searching on Instagram and haven't really found anything either.
Old May 13, 2020, 7:50 pm

Any idea when this will actually be opening?
Old May 14, 2020, 12:49 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by myb821
Any idea when this will actually be opening?
Considering the current situation I would imagine likely to be mid to late 2021.
Old May 14, 2020, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
Considering the current situation I would imagine likely to be mid to late 2021.
How bad is COVID in the Maldives? Can people still work (construction jobs) or is everything at a halt?

Was supposed to open later this year, so mid to late 2021 seems like a reasonable estimate if they're shutting down construction for ~3-4+ months
Old May 14, 2020, 9:06 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
How bad is COVID in the Maldives? Can people still work (construction jobs) or is everything at a halt?

Was supposed to open later this year, so mid to late 2021 seems like a reasonable estimate if they're shutting down construction for ~3-4+ months
I dont think there have been many cases but it was locked down in March and only recently have a few measures been lifted, but certainly I cannot imagine construction will have been going on.

Also resorts in the Maldives rarely open as scheduled combined with the fact that a lot of the building materials / fitting out of a hotel comes from China which is only just getting back upto speed I would imagine there will be serious delays. The other major factor to consider is what the actual tourist levels will be over the next 12 months and if they decide its even a good time to open, certainly I would imagine they will be looking to get things done at the cheapest overall cost rather than spending more to get work completed ontime and in a hurry.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.