Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Feel free to add to this wiki
June 2023 Item of Potential Interest: Link to thread alleging rape of solo female Chinese tourist at the property.
Main details
(Dec 2022) The RC Maldives has its entire "Sales Kit" online, incl. pricing for
activities, spa, weddings; and maps/pictures/video/logos/floor plans: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Ad23r_g_CovQo_

Some useful maps at these posts:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33274629-post89.html - also lists types of villas available
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33275048-post95.html - map with villa #'s

cmhsieh54's 8-page trip report (Dec 2022), in post #1204

Food & Beverage service
*There is no free breakfast amenity at this property for Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Titanium/Ambassador.*
(Dec 2022) There is also no 'elite hour' (i.e. Happy Hour) or daily 'afternoon tea'.

(Dec 2022) The extremely comprehensive RC Maldives F&B guest webapp is here at this link, incl. all rest. menus
and room service prices:

https://mi.vserve-protecht.com/welco...JCZmpFZz0/1001
Unfortunately a scary-looking link, but it's legit. See post #1167.

Email address [email protected]

Transfer Prices
Shared Speedboat (45mins) - $901 per adult, $339 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private 48' Speedboat - $2800 per person
Yacht transfer no longer offered as a paid option as of February 2022, but there are reports of the
hotel offering it at their discretion

Shared Seaplane (10 mins) - $1,400 per adult, $700 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private Seaplane - $9.500

This cost applies to all guests, regardless of cash booking vs. points booking.
All prices are roundtrip, before 23.2% tax. See this website for latest updated
transfer prices: https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...iew/directions

Miscellaneous
Island time: The resort has the clock set one hour ahead of Malé, so the time is GMT +6 hours. Many resorts in the Maldives do this for sunset viewing purposes.

Print Wikipost

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2022, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Enishi
Asked RC how much it will cost to bring a 3rd adult to OW Villa and they replied back saying it will cost $330 USD. But it's advertised as max occupancy 3, shouldn't that mean 3 people can stay and only if you go above that limit then they can start charging extra. Anyone have any experience with a 3rd adult staying at this RC resort?
IIRC there shouldn't be any extra person fees charged on award stays per the Bonvoy terms (excluding some all-inclusive properties).
Old Feb 23, 2022, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by aacar
IIRC there shouldn't be any extra person fees charged on award stays per the Bonvoy terms (excluding some all-inclusive properties).
That's what I thought too but since this is Maldives, I was not sure what special exceptions there were. I will resend email to RC, I did not put Award stay so that was my fault. I'll get that clarified and hope they come back with a better answer
Old Feb 23, 2022, 10:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Enishi
That's what I thought too but since this is Maldives, I was not sure what special exceptions there were. I will resend email to RC, I did not put Award stay so that was my fault. I'll get that clarified and hope they come back with a better answer
Just tried a dummy booking, there's an Extra Person Fee of $406.50/night (incl. taxes) for paid stays and no fee added for award stays. (Though for some reason, the 1 Bedroom Overwater villa shows max occupancy of 3 when using points and 2 when paying cash?)
Old Feb 24, 2022, 9:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Delta Platinum
Politely asked if they can extend the F&B discount as a courtesy and they politely told me to F off. =[

Kindly note that we no longer entertain Bonvoy discounts and as such we will be unable to extend any discounts for your upcoming stay.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by savannahcat
Interesting, so at this point if you had to choose for an upcoming stay in a week and a half, would you prefer sunrise or sunset?

Thanks for the feedback.
i prefer windy. So I would still choose sunrise. The air is extremely still on the sunset side. Although from 630-730 the sky is beautiful at that end. It got windy yesterday again.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 4:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by Wentworth010
i prefer windy. So I would still choose sunrise. The air is extremely still on the sunset side. Although from 630-730 the sky is beautiful at that end. It got windy yesterday again.

Thank you. Kind of a dumb question but, how hot is it there? Not the temperature in degrees but since its so close to the equator is it next level hot? How is the humidity?
Old Feb 25, 2022, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Thank you. Kind of a dumb question but, how hot is it there? Not the temperature in degrees but since its so close to the equator is it next level hot? How is the humidity?
With a bit of breeze quite warm but pleasant. When we went over to Patina during the day there seemed to be zero wind, as everything seemed sheltered and I felt like melting. I really appreciated the shaded pool temperature coming back from a day time outing to Patina, just cooling the system down again. But never had that feeling on the Ritz side.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Accor All Platinum, Finnair Platinum, Swiss FTL
Originally Posted by ziegeo
Hi all,

I would like to understand a bit better what are the options for snorkeling at the RC.

To burn my remaining Marriott points, I managed to book three separate five-night award stays over the same period (around NYE 2023) at the W, STR and RC using point advance. Before the upcoming point devaluation in March, I need to finalize the reservation for one of the three bookings.

Since the SR only had Garden Villas (without beach access) available for NYE, it is pretty much out of the picture. I strongly prefer the RC over the W for many reasons (hard product, service, privacy, food), but my girlfriend and I were hoping to do a bit of snorkeling while in the Maldives. I understand that the W has one of the best house reefs in the Maldives while the RC does not have a lot of marine life around.

I'm wondering how much worse the conditions for snorkeling at RC really are compared to the W. We wouldn't need to snorkel right in front of our villa as long as there are other spots accessible. If staying in a sunrise villa, would we be able to snorkel on the sunset side that appears to have more maritime life based on the comments above? What is the distance to the reef and drop-off from the sunrise side?

I would appreciate some hints and opinions about what might be the better choice for us.
I would still appreciate any insights regarding my earlier question on snorkeling and marine life at the RC. Thanks!
Old Feb 26, 2022, 6:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
I would still appreciate any insights regarding my earlier question on snorkeling and marine life at the RC. Thanks!
I haven't been to RC yet but I think it's a tough question to answer especially as I believe things will change over the next 10 months until your stay.

The W no doubt has excellent marine life. Very early reports of RC indicated zero marine life but as time went by some guests were able to find spots of marine life. Like I said, it seems that with time the RC marine life will increase and improve.

I recall this being similar over at the WA which is completely man-made islands. In the very beginning guests weren't seeing much marine like at all. Having been there about 2 years post opening, I can say that by now they have a pretty vibrant house reef and wasn't disappointed at all.

By the time you go, the Ritz will be 1.5 years old so it's hard to say what the marine life will be like - most likely better than now but probably not yet as good as the W. At the W you definitely won't be disappointed but obviously the resort itself is much older so you won't be getting that brand new luxury villa. You have to weigh your pros and cons and choose. Or perhaps do a split stay and then report back here ?

Last edited by friedablass; Feb 27, 2022 at 12:39 pm Reason: Typo
Old Feb 27, 2022, 8:13 am

the first day had no wind and it was pretty warm. I Think the temperature doesn’t dip much during the day
Wind picked up after the first day and it’s been really nice and cool. I’m from South east Asia though so cool for me might mean something different for you.
It doesn’t seem extremely humid. I’ve been sitting Al fresco and not complaining.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 8:16 am

i just went snorkeling Around the sunrise villas. Nothing much has changed from 2 months back. Still a baby reef with a lot of young staghorn corals. Small fishes are hiding between the corals.
this trip there doesn’t seem to have much anchovies(?) they seem to have migrated maybe. No seabirds on a feeding frenzy. or schools of fish hunting the anchovies around the OWVs
I saw much more marine lift 2 months back.
the Aris Meeha did say that the dolphins were spotted in the lagoon. But I’m not on the sunset side.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 3:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Accor All Platinum, Finnair Platinum, Swiss FTL
Originally Posted by friedablass
By the time you go, the Ritz will be 1.5 years old so it's hard to say what the marine life will be like - most likely better than now but probably not yet as good as the W. At the W you definitely won't be disappointed but obviously the resort itself is much older so you won't be getting that brand new luxury villa. You have to weigh your pros and cons and choose. Or perhaps do a split stay and then report back here ?
Originally Posted by Wentworth010
i just went snorkeling Around the sunrise villas. Nothing much has changed from 2 months back. Still a baby reef with a lot of young staghorn corals. Small fishes are hiding between the corals.
this trip there doesn’t seem to have much anchovies(?) they seem to have migrated maybe. No seabirds on a feeding frenzy. or schools of fish hunting the anchovies around the OWVs
I saw much more marine lift 2 months back.
the Aris Meeha did say that the dolphins were spotted in the lagoon. But I’m not on the sunset side.
Thank you for taking the time to reply! There were some comments upthread about a few good spots for snorkeling close to one of the 2BR villas on the sunset side. Is it actually possible/allowed to snorkel there if your villa is on the sunrise side? I’m not sure whether those spots are far enough from other villas in order not to bother anyone, but close enough to get there on your own.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Thank you for taking the time to reply! There were some comments upthread about a few good spots for snorkeling close to one of the 2BR villas on the sunset side. Is it actually possible/allowed to snorkel there if your villa is on the sunrise side? I’m not sure whether those spots are far enough from other villas in order not to bother anyone, but close enough to get there on your own.
When I was at the STR, we went snorkeling off our villa and then continued swimming along the reef so that we ended swimming past other villas and others did this as well in front of our villa - I don't know how it is at the Ritz but the drop off at STR is far enough out so that it doesn't bother you when you see the occasional snorkeler passing by.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 4:06 pm

Hi all, like most, debating stay here or St. Regis. Ritz looks great but I have concerns about the facility in totality being incomplete (Fari island resort, not solely RC). Planned stay end of Jan 2023.

Specifically, there will be three resorts and it seems that the Ritz is the only one open. I am curious if there is noticeable construction, or if these are completed (and maybe just not booking yet), what reciprocity there is. For example, can you take a bike to the other resort and use their facilities, such as pool, or is it only restaurants that are reciprocal. OR, is it only boat to get to the others? Additionally, will it be payable to RC room or would it be external and you'd need a CC for that charge(s). I see many positive posts here, but nothing on these potential downsides?

As a last question, I would say that despite not being noted, the RC in the map seems to have the worst setup of the three resorts. I state this as the RC is adjacent to the Islander campus which would mean significant boat traffic (workers transiting to the island/other islands). As well as a poor view from that point of the island. The food options look great, and seem similarly priced to St. Regis, just more flexibility. Our take is that while great dining, the best dining at st. regis seems to be decanter at a mostly unaffordable price point. Why spend 1k on that when we could eat 2-3 times at french laundry in Napa, for example. RC while pricey, seems to offer variety and flexibility- as is the consensus here. Appreciate the insights. Planned 10 night stay.

Option 2, we split 5 & 5, but hard sell at $1500 additional for transfer- would rather use that for great dinner, wine, spa, etc. (could be swayed, however). Thank you all!
Old Feb 27, 2022, 4:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott LTP/PE
Originally Posted by Devon Rogalski
Hi all, like most, debating stay here or St. Regis. Ritz looks great but I have concerns about the facility in totality being incomplete (Fari island resort, not solely RC). Planned stay end of Jan 2023.

Specifically, there will be three resorts and it seems that the Ritz is the only one open. I am curious if there is noticeable construction, or if these are completed (and maybe just not booking yet), what reciprocity there is. For example, can you take a bike to the other resort and use their facilities, such as pool, or is it only restaurants that are reciprocal. OR, is it only boat to get to the others? Additionally, will it be payable to RC room or would it be external and you'd need a CC for that charge(s). I see many positive posts here, but nothing on these potential downsides?

As a last question, I would say that despite not being noted, the RC in the map seems to have the worst setup of the three resorts. I state this as the RC is adjacent to the Islander campus which would mean significant boat traffic (workers transiting to the island/other islands). As well as a poor view from that point of the island. The food options look great, and seem similarly priced to St. Regis, just more flexibility. Our take is that while great dining, the best dining at st. regis seems to be decanter at a mostly unaffordable price point. Why spend 1k on that when we could eat 2-3 times at french laundry in Napa, for example. RC while pricey, seems to offer variety and flexibility- as is the consensus here. Appreciate the insights. Planned 10 night stay.

Option 2, we split 5 & 5, but hard sell at $1500 additional for transfer- would rather use that for great dinner, wine, spa, etc. (could be swayed, however). Thank you all!
im doing the 5/5 split. Yes there is the extra $1500, but worth it in my books as 10 days is too long in such a small place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.