Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Feel free to add to this wiki
June 2023 Item of Potential Interest: Link to thread alleging rape of solo female Chinese tourist at the property.
Main details
(Dec 2022) The RC Maldives has its entire "Sales Kit" online, incl. pricing for
activities, spa, weddings; and maps/pictures/video/logos/floor plans: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Ad23r_g_CovQo_

Some useful maps at these posts:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33274629-post89.html - also lists types of villas available
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33275048-post95.html - map with villa #'s

cmhsieh54's 8-page trip report (Dec 2022), in post #1204

Food & Beverage service
*There is no free breakfast amenity at this property for Marriott Bonvoy Platinum/Titanium/Ambassador.*
(Dec 2022) There is also no 'elite hour' (i.e. Happy Hour) or daily 'afternoon tea'.

(Dec 2022) The extremely comprehensive RC Maldives F&B guest webapp is here at this link, incl. all rest. menus
and room service prices:

https://mi.vserve-protecht.com/welco...JCZmpFZz0/1001
Unfortunately a scary-looking link, but it's legit. See post #1167.

Email address [email protected]

Transfer Prices
Shared Speedboat (45mins) - $901 per adult, $339 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private 48' Speedboat - $2800 per person
Yacht transfer no longer offered as a paid option as of February 2022, but there are reports of the
hotel offering it at their discretion

Shared Seaplane (10 mins) - $1,400 per adult, $700 per child 3-11, 2 and under free
Private Seaplane - $9.500

This cost applies to all guests, regardless of cash booking vs. points booking.
All prices are roundtrip, before 23.2% tax. See this website for latest updated
transfer prices: https://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotel...iew/directions

Miscellaneous
Island time: The resort has the clock set one hour ahead of Malé, so the time is GMT +6 hours. Many resorts in the Maldives do this for sunset viewing purposes.

Print Wikipost

The Ritz-Carlton Maldives, Fari Islands [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2022, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by justlaz
Also, Eau bar makes pretty damn good cocktails that's not watered down nor boring, they are currently collaborating with a top 50 bar from Sweden, which I thought was very cool. The food here is incredibly expensive and if we didn't have the F&B discount, I would have certainly felt the cost pain, but at the same time all the food at every restaurant uses high quality and fresh ingredients and all the dishes were expertly prepared and cooked like properly seasoned Japanese rice for the sushi at Iwau or well spiced chicken tikka. We definitely got what we paid for and it's worth it, especially if you love and appreciate food like we do.
Great review! How did you get the F&B discount? I thought it was discontinued at all Marriott Maldives properties?

Last edited by iluvdoco; Feb 18, 2022 at 5:43 pm Reason: Clarified discontinuation at Marriott Maldives properties
Old Feb 18, 2022, 1:29 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
My only RC comparison is in Koh Samui. I don't particularly remember what the staff was like there, must've been fine, but not memorable. My service comparison in a property like this was the StR Bora Bora, the staff there was incredibly friendly and personable, always greeted us by name, very Hawaiian style hospitality. Don't get me wrong, the staff is generally pretty friendly, the comment of the RC brand being 'very formal culture' came from my chat with one of foreign staff who came from W Maldives which has a completely opposite vibe from RC in general. My observation is the local Maldivian staff that were very comfortable in English or the more senior staff tended to engage us a lot more as well as the foreign staff.
Your review is worrying really. I was here last July and couldn't complete my stay and cut it short for the exact reason you mentioned in your review.

Have a stay this May for a week over there but now I'm really reconsidering it due to the lack of service.

Seems like the St. Regis still tops it
Old Feb 18, 2022, 2:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Great review! How did you get the F&B discount? I thought it was discontinued at all Marriott properties?
I have the same question. I'm Titanium level and we arrive there on March 8th. Did you ask for the F&B discount during Check-in ?

Also if you are in the 11x -115 rooms those are considered sunset view? I thought sunset view was on the opposite side of the island. Example rooms 300-318
Old Feb 18, 2022, 4:43 pm

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Dn10
How does that part compare to the Northern(?) most part of the resort where they're all overwater villas?
As I said, the oval where half of the villas are, the water is pretty bare of wildlife, its definitely cool from an aesthetic point of view, but if you want more privacy, better views, more wild life the sunrise villas on the southern side are way more ideal for that. Just be aware that sunrise side has pretty choppy waves, but its manageable if you're a strong swimmer and its pretty shallow

Originally Posted by buddman
Not sure the right forum to post in , but if you had 10 days in the Maldives and probably a once in a life trip, is 5 days at RC and 5 days at StR a good way to do it? I’m concerned these places are too small to spend 10 days in. I know there are transfer costs and maybe issues currently with inter resort transfers, but I’m booking for Feb 2023.
well just be aware that you're basically stuck on these islands for the duration of your trip, there are plenty of short excursions available at a price, and they're not cheap. The main advantage with RC is there's Fari Village that's on a completely separate island if you want to explore and change the scenery, its just a bunch of extra restaurants, I don't think their beach lagoon looks that nice if I'm being honest. IMO 10 days is a long time to spend at a place like this, doesn't sound like cost is a factor for you, but my personal time limit is about 5 before I feel the need to go home. We spent 4 days in Singapore before coming here which was a good change of pace and scenery

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Great review! How did you get the F&B discount? I thought it was discontinued at all Marriott properties?
I politely asked about a month before we arrived

Originally Posted by savannahcat
I have the same question. I'm Titanium level and we arrive there on March 8th. Did you ask for the F&B discount during Check-in ?

Also if you are in the 11x -115 rooms those are considered sunset view? I thought sunset view was on the opposite side of the island. Example rooms 300-318
No, 110-115 are sunrise view, I don't think I said we were on the sunset side, but you are correct 300-318 are sunset. I would ask ahead of time for the F&B discount like we did
Old Feb 18, 2022, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Your review is worrying really. I was here last July and couldn't complete my stay and cut it short for the exact reason you mentioned in your review.

Have a stay this May for a week over there but now I'm really reconsidering it due to the lack of service.

Seems like the St. Regis still tops it
It all comes down to personal preference and expectations, we're low maintenance people, so it did not bother us as much as it might have for others that have higher expectations. For us if a Michelin star meal has amazing food, but okay service, we'd be very happy with that
Old Feb 18, 2022, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Dn10
That's one thing I really liked about the St Regis - staff knew who you were and knew all of your preferences by the second day
The St Regis staff never asked for our room number, but as for remembering anything, they generally struggled to remember an order. Getting a mimosa for breakfast required asking 2-3 times. The Ritz struggled a bit to remember a room number, but did not struggle to remember to bring mimosas as a first thing, nor forget to ask if we wanted another one before the glass was completely empty.

Between the WA, the Ritz, and the St R, I would say that the St R had the least engaging staff. By a good margin. But they did remember our room number every time.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 4:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Delta Platinum
As I said, the oval where half of the villas are, the water is pretty bare of wildlife, its definitely cool from an aesthetic point of view, but if you want more privacy, better views, more wild life the sunrise villas on the southern side are way more ideal for that. Just be aware that sunrise side has pretty choppy waves, but its manageable if you're a strong swimmer and its pretty shallow

well just be aware that you're basically stuck on these islands for the duration of your trip, there are plenty of short excursions available at a price, and they're not cheap. The main advantage with RC is there's Fari Village that's on a completely separate island if you want to explore and change the scenery, its just a bunch of extra restaurants, I don't think their beach lagoon looks that nice if I'm being honest. IMO 10 days is a long time to spend at a place like this, doesn't sound like cost is a factor for you, but my personal time limit is about 5 before I feel the need to go home. We spent 4 days in Singapore before coming here which was a good change of pace and scenery

I politely asked about a month before we arrived

No, 110-115 are sunrise view, I don't think I said we were on the sunset side, but you are correct 300-318 are sunset. I would ask ahead of time for the F&B discount like we did
Ah my mistake, sorry about that. Yeah I asked about the F&B discount and they just simply said its not available.. Any chance you can provide the language you used in your request and I'll give it a shot again since I'm 3 weeks out? lol
iluvdoco likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 6:53 pm

One additional thing worth noting here is that the RC has its own water cleaning facility, which means that water is completely free here. An underrated and overlooked aspect considering everything is usually charged at an extra premium including usually bottled water. We drank so much water because of the heat, so that alone made it really worth it
CPH-Flyer and iluvdoco like this.

Last edited by justlaz; Feb 19, 2022 at 12:07 am
Old Feb 18, 2022, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
One additional thing worth noting here is that the RC has its own water cleaning facility, which means that water is completely free here. An underrated and overlooked aspect considering everything is usually charged at an extra premium including usually bottled water
I can't remember if I got that in to my review, I intended to for sure. It is a big plus that everywhere you sit down, free water is just appearing. Sparkling or still.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 7:01 pm

One additional thing worth noting here is that the RC has its own water cleaning facility, which means that water is completely free here. An underrated and overlooked aspect considering everything is usually charged at an extra premium including usually bottled water
This is a great tip and a big advantage!
Old Feb 19, 2022, 3:25 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I can't remember if I got that in to my review, I intended to for sure. It is a big plus that everywhere you sit down, free water is just appearing. Sparkling or still.
Completely agree with this. As someone who is a bit obsessed with being well hydrated, I reckon unlimited free sparkling water at Maldives prices given my level of daily consumption probably more than offsets the cost of having to pay for a breakfast each day! There is also just something nice from a service perspective about not feeling nickle-and-dimed by the restaurants charging you for water when you sit down and it improves your overall view of the hotel value proposition. It's not as if they aren't making a high enough margin on the food!
Old Feb 19, 2022, 6:45 pm

Wow this place is very busy, we were only able to get a 1PM checkout. Kinda sucks cause I have a late red eye flight
Old Feb 20, 2022, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The St Regis staff never asked for our room number, but as for remembering anything, they generally struggled to remember an order. Getting a mimosa for breakfast required asking 2-3 times. The Ritz struggled a bit to remember a room number, but did not struggle to remember to bring mimosas as a first thing, nor forget to ask if we wanted another one before the glass was completely empty.

Between the WA, the Ritz, and the St R, I would say that the St R had the least engaging staff. By a good margin. But they did remember our room number every time.
I disagree about STR staff. Might be time of year or the fact that we were in a higher paid room, return visitors, or status, but they were always very attentive to us and never had to ask twice (and rarely had to ask once).
Old Feb 20, 2022, 9:06 am

So sunrise side has better water (less choppy). Any big difference in terms of level of sun?
Old Feb 20, 2022, 9:42 pm

Any news on when the rest of the Fari islands will be done construction?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.