Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jason8612
Hotel email:
[email protected]

Resort Shared Seaplane Transfer:
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees and to be paid upon check-out.
420 USD per adult (12 years and above)
210 USD per child (ages between 2 and 11.99 years)
Baggage
Complimentary for infants (below 2 years)
Standard baggage is 30 25kg including hand luggage. Excess weight will be charged at 5.60 USD per kg (per round trip).
Max dimensions are 158 cm and 32 kg. Infants do not have baggage allowance.
Hours
Operate between 06:00 to 16:00.
For check-in, last international flight must arrive at or before 15:30.
For check-out, first international flight must depart at or after 09:00.
Complete Details can be found here.

COVID Related Topics
Testing
Testing available at 120++ USD pp and reservations should be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
Quarantine/Isolation Policy
What happens if I test positive for COVID? Current policy can be found here.
Contact Tracing
Where can I find the list of properties under contract tracing? Here.
What happens if a resort is listed under contract tracing?
Guests must travel directly between MLE airport and the property post arrival and pre departure via international flight ONLY.
Inter-island transfers will be ceased and guests will not be able to arrive from, depart to, another island in the Maldives.

Water Sports & Diving Menu

Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Menu

F&B Menu

Latitude Menu
Riviera Menu
Tabemasu Menu
Turquoise Menu
Velaa Lunch Menu
Velaa Dinner Menu
Waves Menu
Wine Master List
Mini Bar Menu

Meal Plans
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees
Bed and Breakfast per night

30 USD per adult (12 years and above)
15 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Half Board per night
95 USD per adult (12 years and above)
47.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Complimentary for infants (below 3 years)
Full Board Plus per night
155 USD per adult (12 years and above)
77.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
All-Inclusive per night
230 USD per adult (12 years and above)
115 USD per child (ages 3 and 11.99 years)
Details can be found here.

F&B Bonvoy Discounts
General Members & Silver Elite 10%
Gold Elite 15%
Platinum, Titanium, & Ambassador Elite 20%
Full Details can be found here.

Resort Map
Can be found here.
Room total can be found here.
Beach Bungalow and Beach Villa are categorized by location. See the resort map for more information.

Paid/confirmed upgrades
Rates per night as of 08-May-2021
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV 50++ USD
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool 250++ USD
Terms
Must be for entire duration of reservation
Requires non-refundable payment at time of confirming
Availability and rates subject to change
Can you apply SNAs at this property? No.

Late Checkout Policy (subject to availability)
General Members: None
Silver Elite: "Priority"
Gold Elite: 2pm
Platinum & Titanium Elite: 4pm
Ambassador Elite: 4pm or "Your24"

Welcome Gift
General Members & Silver Elite: None
Gold Elite: 500 points per stay
Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador Elite: Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

Drone Restrictions
"We strictly prohibit the operation of any type of UAV or drones for any purpose within and above the premises of the resort as our guests' privacy is of our utmost concern. This prohibition extends to devices launched from the resort or from outside the boundaries of the resort. If you wish to take photographs or videos, you may do so at the common areas of our resort."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2021, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by phasher99
If anyone has any questions about the resort feel free to ask as I’ve completed a stay. For the all inclusive it is way more generous than previous so I would recommend it.

That being said I will follow up with another post but I can’t in good conscious recommend the resort.
Awaiting your next post….
Old Nov 14, 2021, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by mb123
there is no Elite discount for meal plan options.
there is please do the research from thread above
Old Nov 14, 2021, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by JC5280
That is a very strange way of calculating value, but to each their own.

I don't want to throw off your math too much, but on the all-inclusive plan, they include alcoholic beverages as replenished once per day. It is the 375ml bottles that are replenished every four days. But that makes for a better valuation based on your math.

All Inclusive fine print: "Includes Minibar beverages alcoholic (excluding Champagne)+ non-alcoholic and snacks. Replenishing of consumed items will be one time per day only. 375ml spirits and bottles of wine will only be replenished every four days"
what is strange about the math? Please enlighten me
Old Nov 14, 2021, 2:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, United Premier Silver, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ggb7135
there is please do the research from thread above
I get conflicting messaging through the thread. So for the meal plans (like all-inclusive) there's a 20% discount if you're Titanium, as I am?
Old Nov 14, 2021, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by mciampa
I get conflicting messaging through the thread. So for the meal plans (like all-inclusive) there's a 20% discount if you're Titanium, as I am?
yes, there is a post by xplant above with the photo attachment of plans price with/without choosing free breakfast as elite benefit welcome gift
mciampa likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by mciampa
Meal plans do not get the 20% discount. However, you do get $30 off to offset the cost of the free breakfast. For example, for a regular member, it's $95 for the halfboard but $65 for platinum/titanium member. There is no additional 20% off the $65.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 11:26 am

pixelrogue

thanks for those info. I will be on staying at the STR for 5 days and looking for another place to stay for three days, primarily to do some snorkeling/finishing my PADI cert. Since I have some MB points to burn, I was considering LMM but if the marine life is just basic, I will go look somewhere else.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by dabrain230
pixelrogue

thanks for those info. I will be on staying at the STR for 5 days and looking for another place to stay for three days, primarily to do some snorkeling/finishing my PADI cert. Since I have some MB points to burn, I was considering LMM but if the marine life is just basic, I will go look somewhere else.
Legit house reef with lots of sea life. Turtles, massive stingrays, black tip reef sharks, and they said there are nurse sharks as well but we haven't seen those yet. There are also lobsters if you're diving. Manta rays are there but very rare apparently.
Soccerjoshj07 likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 5:46 pm

For context, this was the second time for me in the Maldives - the first being a stay at the Pullman earlier this year. This might not be an appropriate place for a full review but I will give my overall thoughts on the property:

Pros
House reef was good, about a 10-15 minute swim away from the OW bungalows - would only recommend it for good swimmers however because the current is strong, but the water was low enough for most of the way that you don’t need to swim the entire time.
The food was great, particularly the fish which I believe was their strong suit. The “catch of the day” each time was very delicious. Big portions all around - I think some can definitely get away with just breakfast and dinner, but I didn’t think I really could (but I don’t even eat a lot).
There were some star staff. A few individuals who worked at Turquoise, Tabemasu, and the Riviera bar especially.
I went on the dolphin cruise and would recommend it. We saw a lot of dolphins and the staff were very proactive in helping us take photos, etc. We also got really lucky and saw a rainbow and beautiful sunset after it rained during the trip.
The AI in my opinion is worth it - unlike previously where it was all a set menu, each restaurant has its own menu which is maybe 80% of the full a la carte menu. You get to pick 3 courses from it. Also, the Riviera bar was independent of it so you can just eat a ton of food there in between meals. Not sure if this was intended.
I’m Gold Elite and they upgraded me from the Sunrise to the Sunset (maybe not intentional, see later below)’
Overall the pools and beaches were nice and well kept (surprised how well they clean the seaweed)

Cons
Very rarely did we see anything close to the OW bungalows. Almost non-existent. One time we did see a pair of smaller rays closer to the beach, and a small school of really tiny fish, but that was it.
Drinks were horribly inconsistent. Within the same venue and across venues. I personally don’t care as much, but I did often see many guests complain to the bartenders that the drink was flavorless or watered down too much.
When I checked in they gave me the meal plan menus which I clarified with them that needs to be added to 4+ days. I decided to do 2 days a la carte first then decide after. The sheet we had was quoted as $200 for the AI (with the other pricing same as previous posts), and when we added the meal plan at reception on our third day, we signed the receipt that was $400 (2 people) x 5 = $2000. We then got a call in the evening that it was an error and they were going to charge us $230. After some back and forth they told me they would check with their manager and never got back to me. So the plus I guess was that in the end I DID get the plan for $200/pp/day.
In my opinion, the beach villa layout is bad compared to the OW. It is a minor inconvenience if you want to shower at night, or even if you want to wash your hands after using the toilet.
There is no AC in both Turquoise, Riviera. It’s all very open. I’m sure most will spend a lot of time in these two restaurants, especially at breakfast. I was ok for the most part but when it isn’t full of wind, I can see how it can get uncomfortable. I wouldn’t have recommended it for older folks.
Minor: It felt a bit impersonal, with the exception of one staff member, no one remembered my name nor my room number.
Minor: The person who checked me in, brought me to the room, etc. gave me their personal whatsapp and said I could reach out for questions whenever. I messaged them maybe 3-4 times throughout the whole trip and at the end they just didn’t get back to me about a question about checkout.
Minor: I personally did not think the dinner buffet was worth the price whatsoever. Maybe try it once if you’re on AI, but if you are not, avoid it.
Minor: The spa’s floor window where you’re supposed to be able to see fish during a treatment was.. Completely useless as you couldn’t see anything.
Minor: They had a lobster night which I didn’t try but felt was not worth it as it was a lot added onto even an AI pricing.
Minor: They had some DJ + Grill night that they didn’t even advertise… so barely anyone showed up. The bartender at Riviera said it was included with the AI though.. Supposedly. Otherwise there was an added charge for it.

And here’s what happened to me which in my opinion, didn’t ruin the trip necessarily but did change my stance on why I wouldn’t recommend the property. I implore others who have had this experience to speak out, and those who may see themselves in a similar situation to make sure it doesn’t happen to you, if you decide to stay here.
Spoiler

TLDR; Due to the weather and the hotel’s scheduling, I missed my seaplane transfer and the way they handled the situation was poor.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 9:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by phasher99
And here’s what happened to me which in my opinion, didn’t ruin the trip necessarily but did change my stance on why I wouldn’t recommend the property. I implore others who have had this experience to speak out, and those who may see themselves in a similar situation to make sure it doesn’t happen to you, if you decide to stay here.
Yeah that's a legit reason not to recommend.

They had an opportunity for proactive service recovery and instead played hardball. That would be a never again for me as well.
friedablass and phasher99 like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:36 am

Wow, what a story. Thank you for telling us. Be sure to document it to Tripadvisor so that more people are aware of this situation.
imverge and phasher99 like this.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by ggb7135
Wow, what a story. Thank you for telling us. Be sure to document it to Tripadvisor so that more people are aware of this situation.
Yes - I will be sure to post it on TA. Hoping the other two groups that were in the same situation do as well.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:01 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Be aware of what? That there is sometimes bad weather in the maldives ?
If you take a look at the other maldives threads, delayed seaplanes /missed international flights happened before and will happen again.
Fine if you booked a travel package with international flight, transfer and hotel accomodation, as the tour operator will be responsible in case of missed flights.

In this case it was a separate international flight, a separate hotel booking and a transfer with a third party operator ( only billed by the hotel).
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Be aware of what?
That the property completely bungled the transfer, which is a mandatory hotel charge, then played hardball instead of accepting responsibility.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 8:26 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
In this case it was a separate international flight, a separate hotel booking and a transfer with a third party operator ( only billed by the hotel).
We don't have more to evaluate beyond the OP's story, but it sounds like there was a lot of confusion over which seaplane was the correct one to take. The LM didn't seem organized or approach the situation with the urgency the situation required. It would have been one situation if there were a storm all day or rough seas that prevented any transportation from arriving or departing the hotel, but there seems to have been a missed opportunity for making the connection with the seaplane.

Those with extensive Maldives travel experience understand that sometimes there are weather events beyond anyone's control, but in this case it appears there was a reasonable opportunity to catch the seaplane back to MLE that the hotel squandered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.