Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jason8612
Hotel email:
[email protected]

Resort Shared Seaplane Transfer:
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees and to be paid upon check-out.
420 USD per adult (12 years and above)
210 USD per child (ages between 2 and 11.99 years)
Baggage
Complimentary for infants (below 2 years)
Standard baggage is 30 25kg including hand luggage. Excess weight will be charged at 5.60 USD per kg (per round trip).
Max dimensions are 158 cm and 32 kg. Infants do not have baggage allowance.
Hours
Operate between 06:00 to 16:00.
For check-in, last international flight must arrive at or before 15:30.
For check-out, first international flight must depart at or after 09:00.
Complete Details can be found here.

COVID Related Topics
Testing
Testing available at 120++ USD pp and reservations should be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
Quarantine/Isolation Policy
What happens if I test positive for COVID? Current policy can be found here.
Contact Tracing
Where can I find the list of properties under contract tracing? Here.
What happens if a resort is listed under contract tracing?
Guests must travel directly between MLE airport and the property post arrival and pre departure via international flight ONLY.
Inter-island transfers will be ceased and guests will not be able to arrive from, depart to, another island in the Maldives.

Water Sports & Diving Menu

Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Menu

F&B Menu

Latitude Menu
Riviera Menu
Tabemasu Menu
Turquoise Menu
Velaa Lunch Menu
Velaa Dinner Menu
Waves Menu
Wine Master List
Mini Bar Menu

Meal Plans
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees
Bed and Breakfast per night

30 USD per adult (12 years and above)
15 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Half Board per night
95 USD per adult (12 years and above)
47.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Complimentary for infants (below 3 years)
Full Board Plus per night
155 USD per adult (12 years and above)
77.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
All-Inclusive per night
230 USD per adult (12 years and above)
115 USD per child (ages 3 and 11.99 years)
Details can be found here.

F&B Bonvoy Discounts
General Members & Silver Elite 10%
Gold Elite 15%
Platinum, Titanium, & Ambassador Elite 20%
Full Details can be found here.

Resort Map
Can be found here.
Room total can be found here.
Beach Bungalow and Beach Villa are categorized by location. See the resort map for more information.

Paid/confirmed upgrades
Rates per night as of 08-May-2021
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV 50++ USD
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool 250++ USD
Terms
Must be for entire duration of reservation
Requires non-refundable payment at time of confirming
Availability and rates subject to change
Can you apply SNAs at this property? No.

Late Checkout Policy (subject to availability)
General Members: None
Silver Elite: "Priority"
Gold Elite: 2pm
Platinum & Titanium Elite: 4pm
Ambassador Elite: 4pm or "Your24"

Welcome Gift
General Members & Silver Elite: None
Gold Elite: 500 points per stay
Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador Elite: Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

Drone Restrictions
"We strictly prohibit the operation of any type of UAV or drones for any purpose within and above the premises of the resort as our guests' privacy is of our utmost concern. This prohibition extends to devices launched from the resort or from outside the boundaries of the resort. If you wish to take photographs or videos, you may do so at the common areas of our resort."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2021, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
Why is that?
Most resorts go ahead 1 hour to extend amount of sunlight in the day I believe. Makes sunset much more convenient at a decent time too.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 12:48 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
A few questions for those of you who are there or who have been there.
  • Is the majority of the island sand? As in, Are flip flops and sandals the preferred shoe to wear vs running shoes or boat shoes?
  • I saw a review on TripAdvisor that they took part in a coffee making and a cocktail making class. Did anyone experience any of that? They also had a pic of a branded Le Meridien canvas tote, which looks like it comes from a store or gift shop there.
  • How dark do the rooms get with all of the windows? Would you recommend bringing an eye shade?
  • Is there anything else beyond the standard beach resort packing list you wish you had brought?
  • Did you have a long wait at the Male airport on your way back? My business class booking was significantly cheaper to book the 11pm flight to Doha, so I am a bit curious of any creative recommendations to pass the time in Male. We are pretty well traveled and usually can't sit still for too long. ha ha
The two of us (Bonvoy Lifetime titanium) are known to indulge in cocktails while on vacation, so thinking the all-inclusive is a good route for us. We currently have a Sunrise Overwater Villa booked.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by JC5280
A few questions for those of you who are there or who have been there.
  • Is the majority of the island sand? As in, Are flip flops and sandals the preferred shoe to wear vs running shoes or boat shoes?
  • I saw a review on TripAdvisor that they took part in a coffee making and a cocktail making class. Did anyone experience any of that? They also had a pic of a branded Le Meridien canvas tote, which looks like it comes from a store or gift shop there.
  • How dark do the rooms get with all of the windows? Would you recommend bringing an eye shade?
  • Is there anything else beyond the standard beach resort packing list you wish you had brought?
  • Did you have a long wait at the Male airport on your way back? My business class booking was significantly cheaper to book the 11pm flight to Doha, so I am a bit curious of any creative recommendations to pass the time in Male. We are pretty well traveled and usually can't sit still for too long. ha ha
The two of us (Bonvoy Lifetime titanium) are known to indulge in cocktails while on vacation, so thinking the all-inclusive is a good route for us. We currently have a Sunrise Overwater Villa booked.
* the majority of the island is sand - but the path from the villas to turquoise (breakfast) is compacted sand so you can still wear tennis shoes and not regret it. Some of the seating at turquoise is in the sand, though

* not sure about the cocktail and coffee making class - I don’t recall seeing that in the list of activities… I did see someone look like they were ending a sunset photography session with a staff member. They do have a Le Meridien canvas tote for you to use but we actually only discovered it on the last day. It’s hidden in one of the cabinets in the closet

* we were on the sunset side but the shades are pretty good / thick I thought - the sunrise side isn’t true direct sunrise it’s more like an angled view to the sunrise imo

* aloe vera - since I burn easy. A wet bag if you’re going on a boat. An extra sd card for the GoPro. They have flip flops in the room for you that worked well on the trip for us. They have snorkel gear you can check out and keep in your room the entire time so no need to worry about walking to get that every time.

* the hotel staff / representatives at the airport offered us a free? bus tour of Male while we waited for our flight, but we just opted to stay at the airport since it was a bit of an adventure on a windy day for us to get there (some ppl had to stay longer at the resort since it was too windy for the sea plane to come in).

the business class lounge in Male was nicer than I thought it would be, so you should have access to that and would be a comfortable albeit boring stay
JC5280, margarita girl and ALGU like this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
* the hotel staff / representatives at the airport offered us a free? bus tour of Male while we waited for our flight, but we just opted to stay at the airport since it was a bit of an adventure on a windy day for us to get there (some ppl had to stay longer at the resort since it was too windy for the sea plane to come in).
Some resorts offer a free city tour on the way back. Before the bridge was constructed, you just had to pay the $1 / 10 MVR (iirc) for the ferry. I thought Male was closed off to visitors at the moment given the pandemic, so I'm a bit surprised they're offering a tour if that is still the case. I don't think there would be much to see from the bus.
Soccerjoshj07 likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 5:12 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Did you have a long wait at the Male airport on your way back? My business class booking was significantly cheaper to book the 11pm flight to Doha, so I am a bit curious of any creative recommendations to pass the time in Male. We are pretty well traveled and usually can't sit still for too long. ha ha
With an 11pm flight you will have at the very least 5-6 hours in Male. Take the ferry in to town and walk around.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 11:11 pm

Does anyone know if the TVs in the room have an accessible HDMI port or built in Chromecast / something along those lines?
Old Oct 25, 2021, 7:33 pm

Programs: AC, AS, BA Silver/OW Sapphire, DL, SQ/*A Silver, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Hi,
We are travelling to LM from Canada and the IMUGA/MV Health declaration form says it is only valid for 24 hours. Due to our stopover in the UAE, and length of flight, we are actually arriving after 30 hours, yet require this form to be verified to travel...

Anyone has experience with that? Do we have to fill it again while in UAE stopover?
Old Oct 25, 2021, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by Doors Closing
Hi,
We are travelling to LM from Canada and the IMUGA/MV Health declaration form says it is only valid for 24 hours. Due to our stopover in the UAE, and length of flight, we are actually arriving after 30 hours, yet require this form to be verified to travel...

Anyone has experience with that? Do we have to fill it again while in UAE stopover?
same thing kind of happened with us. Just submit the form again when you're within the 24 hour window; it was no problem for us. At immigration in Male, they don't scan the QR code, they might just link it to your passport # but either way it was no worries to submit twice for us in a similar situation.

we also submit the wrong birth date in one of our submissions so we just submit another and still no issues.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Doors Closing
Hi,

Only the airline staff at the departure airport checked this code. No need for the Male entry. And we didn't fill it the 2nd time either.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 8:24 pm

Random, but it looks like my Chase Marriott Boundless card didn't earn the advertised 6x here on Marriott spend - just the normal 2x for everywhere spend. Double check your statements if you were expecting a multiplier.

Coincidently I used my Amex Marriott Brilliant to use up the $300 credit, and that earned the 6x correctly.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 9:48 pm

Programs: Bonvoy, HH, Delta Skymiles
Dinner buffet, 3-course meal, 20% discount

As

They did not have the buffet there when we were there. How as it? Also, with the buffet, do you still get the 20% platinum discount?

Also, when you refer to the 3 course meal, are you referring to the meal you'd get if you were on a meal plan?

In the fine terms and conditions here, also enforced at the resort, the 20% does not apply to "promotional" menus, such as the lobster night....which we were able to get credited on the bill but just wasn't a super great experience since you figured ordering F&B from a restaurant would give you the aforementioned F&B credit..
I assume you are referring to the dinner buffet because I think you said you had the breakfast buffet. The dinner buffet is in the same place, with the same number of stations but each station is different, reflecting dinner vs. breakfast. For example, the "Maldivian Station" in the morning had the traditional tuna dishes, curries, roshi (sp?) and at dinner they had a bit heavier, more substantial variations. The Chinese station in the morning always had the most delicious soup (different every day) and maybe one bao (bun) but in the evening there were several dim sum items. The "American Station" in the morning had bacon, eggs, potatoes, etc. and in the evening it became a pasta station. In the morning the crepes/croissant/waffle/etc. station had several meats such as roast lamb, roast chicken -- even Beef Wellington one night. I was very impressed and probably could have survived just on the buffets all week. I was not on a meal plan and I got the 20% discount for the dinner buffet. Yes, the 3 course meal I was referring to is the meal plan option, but the 3 restaurants always have their regular menu available as well. I just noted that they told me there was the 3-course meal option at Velaa several nights. And yes, they made it clear the 20% discount did not apply to lobster night, fish night at Velaa (with traditional Maldivian music and dance performed by the staff) and other special meals.
Soccerjoshj07 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by xplant
I assume you are referring to the dinner buffet because I think you said you had the breakfast buffet. The dinner buffet is in the same place, with the same number of stations but each station is different, reflecting dinner vs. breakfast. For example, the "Maldivian Station" in the morning had the traditional tuna dishes, curries, roshi (sp?) and at dinner they had a bit heavier, more substantial variations. The Chinese station in the morning always had the most delicious soup (different every day) and maybe one bao (bun) but in the evening there were several dim sum items. The "American Station" in the morning had bacon, eggs, potatoes, etc. and in the evening it became a pasta station. In the morning the crepes/croissant/waffle/etc. station had several meats such as roast lamb, roast chicken -- even Beef Wellington one night. I was very impressed and probably could have survived just on the buffets all week. I was not on a meal plan and I got the 20% discount for the dinner buffet. Yes, the 3 course meal I was referring to is the meal plan option, but the 3 restaurants always have their regular menu available as well. I just noted that they told me there was the 3-course meal option at Velaa several nights. And yes, they made it clear the 20% discount did not apply to lobster night, fish night at Velaa (with traditional Maldivian music and dance performed by the staff) and other special meals.
cool, awesome write up of the buffet that sounds excellent.

Maybe the mention of the no 20% discount for lobster night was because of the feedback from me
Old Oct 26, 2021, 8:57 am

Updated Meal Plan price lists

Originally Posted by xplant
  • If you are using your Platinum or above for the free breakfast, you would use what I'll call "Price LIst A" to add on a meal plan (e.g. Half Board would cost you $65)
  • If you are not Platinum or above, or if you are but chose not to take the included breakfast as your elite benefit, then you would use what I'll call "Price List B" (e.g. Half Board would cost you $95, so they apparently value breakfast at $30).
Hmm, I can't get the attachments to load so I'll work on that...
Here are the attachments:

Price List A - Page 1 (Using elite breakfast benefit)

Price List A - Page 2 (Using elite breakfast benefit)

Price List A - Page 3 (Using elite breakfast benefit)

Price List B - Page 1 (Not using elite breakfast benefit)

Price List B - Page 2 (Not using elite breakfast benefit)

Price List B - Page 3 (Not using elite breakfast benefit)
Old Oct 26, 2021, 9:14 am

• Did you have a long wait at the Male airport on your way back?
The two of us (Bonvoy Lifetime titanium) We currently have a Sunrise Overwater Villa booked.
I took the mixology class from Menoj and it was one of the highlights of my trip. I was the only one in the class and he made 4 cocktails which "the class" consumed. The class cost $20 and so I got 4 cocktails for the normal price of one, and he was a delight. He tailored the hour class to my interests. They scheduled it ad hoc when they had to close down Velaa for a photo shoot but he said they want to do them more regularly, so you might request.

The canvas tote is in a drawer under the room safe. You are free to use it at the resort and can purchase it to take home if you want.

I'm pretty sensitive to morning light and I found the room very dark. Just the faintest glow from above the shades but not much.

I wish I had brought a second bottle of sunscreen.

Le Meridien uses the Leeli Lounge which was quite large and nice. Quite a few food and drink options (no alcohol, of course) but comfortable, clean, etc.

I was automatically upgraded to the sunset side as a Platinum so I would expect you would too. Either side is really fine IMO.
JC5280 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by phasher99
Does anyone know if the TVs in the room have an accessible HDMI port or built in Chromecast / something along those lines?
I actually played around with the tv the last day I was there and found in the menu Chromecast, HDMI, and "connect your device to this tv". I didn't look for the physical HDMI port but I would assume it must be there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.