Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jason8612
Hotel email:
[email protected]

Resort Shared Seaplane Transfer:
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees and to be paid upon check-out.
420 USD per adult (12 years and above)
210 USD per child (ages between 2 and 11.99 years)
Baggage
Complimentary for infants (below 2 years)
Standard baggage is 30 25kg including hand luggage. Excess weight will be charged at 5.60 USD per kg (per round trip).
Max dimensions are 158 cm and 32 kg. Infants do not have baggage allowance.
Hours
Operate between 06:00 to 16:00.
For check-in, last international flight must arrive at or before 15:30.
For check-out, first international flight must depart at or after 09:00.
Complete Details can be found here.

COVID Related Topics
Testing
Testing available at 120++ USD pp and reservations should be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
Quarantine/Isolation Policy
What happens if I test positive for COVID? Current policy can be found here.
Contact Tracing
Where can I find the list of properties under contract tracing? Here.
What happens if a resort is listed under contract tracing?
Guests must travel directly between MLE airport and the property post arrival and pre departure via international flight ONLY.
Inter-island transfers will be ceased and guests will not be able to arrive from, depart to, another island in the Maldives.

Water Sports & Diving Menu

Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Menu

F&B Menu

Latitude Menu
Riviera Menu
Tabemasu Menu
Turquoise Menu
Velaa Lunch Menu
Velaa Dinner Menu
Waves Menu
Wine Master List
Mini Bar Menu

Meal Plans
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees
Bed and Breakfast per night

30 USD per adult (12 years and above)
15 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Half Board per night
95 USD per adult (12 years and above)
47.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Complimentary for infants (below 3 years)
Full Board Plus per night
155 USD per adult (12 years and above)
77.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
All-Inclusive per night
230 USD per adult (12 years and above)
115 USD per child (ages 3 and 11.99 years)
Details can be found here.

F&B Bonvoy Discounts
General Members & Silver Elite 10%
Gold Elite 15%
Platinum, Titanium, & Ambassador Elite 20%
Full Details can be found here.

Resort Map
Can be found here.
Room total can be found here.
Beach Bungalow and Beach Villa are categorized by location. See the resort map for more information.

Paid/confirmed upgrades
Rates per night as of 08-May-2021
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV 50++ USD
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool 250++ USD
Terms
Must be for entire duration of reservation
Requires non-refundable payment at time of confirming
Availability and rates subject to change
Can you apply SNAs at this property? No.

Late Checkout Policy (subject to availability)
General Members: None
Silver Elite: "Priority"
Gold Elite: 2pm
Platinum & Titanium Elite: 4pm
Ambassador Elite: 4pm or "Your24"

Welcome Gift
General Members & Silver Elite: None
Gold Elite: 500 points per stay
Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador Elite: Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

Drone Restrictions
"We strictly prohibit the operation of any type of UAV or drones for any purpose within and above the premises of the resort as our guests' privacy is of our utmost concern. This prohibition extends to devices launched from the resort or from outside the boundaries of the resort. If you wish to take photographs or videos, you may do so at the common areas of our resort."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2021, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by xplant
Here are the attachments:

Price List A - Page 1 (Using elite breakfast benefit)

Price List A - Page 2 (Using elite breakfast benefit)

Price List A - Page 3 (Using elite breakfast benefit)

Price List B - Page 1 (Not using elite breakfast benefit)

Price List B - Page 2 (Not using elite breakfast benefit)

Price List B - Page 3 (Not using elite breakfast benefit)
Awesome, thanks for the screenshots here, and setting a lot of confusion straight when people ask if there is a discount on the dining plans if you are platinum.

Do we know if they charge the full rate for the arrival date and departure date if you are on a meal plan? I know you don't have to do the meal plan all the nights you are there, but i think there is a 4 day minimum and once you go on the meal plan it has to take you to the rest of your stay.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by xplant
I took the mixology class from Menoj and it was one of the highlights of my trip. I was the only one in the class and he made 4 cocktails which "the class" consumed. The class cost $20 and so I got 4 cocktails for the normal price of one, and he was a delight. He tailored the hour class to my interests. They scheduled it ad hoc when they had to close down Velaa for a photo shoot but he said they want to do them more regularly, so you might request.

how did you know there was a cocktail class to begin with? I agree that's a good price and sounds like a lot of fun.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 12:04 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
How is the moskito situation? Do we need insect repellent?
Old Oct 26, 2021, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by mb123
How is the moskito situation? Do we need insect repellent?
nah no need - at least not when we were there in mid October
ALGU likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 1:18 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AA Life Gold 1 MM, Flying Blue Silver, Marriott Life Plt, Hilton Gld
Originally Posted by freedom2020
Only the airline staff at the departure airport checked this code. No need for the Male entry. And we didn't fill it the 2nd time either.
We travelled in Sept from YYZ with a long layover in AUH, the Maldivian health declaration was over 24 hr since it was submitted, we didn't have a problem when going through immigration on arrival in MLE.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 1:59 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Is there a managers reception once a week like in other hotels, where you can meet management, staff and other guests while sipping cocktails?
Old Oct 26, 2021, 3:43 pm

3 night stay have these booking choices. What would you choose if points/price were no object.
St. Regis 315,000 points = Overwater, 1 Bedroom Villa, 1 King, Sofa bed (villa has pool on deck - not sure of pool size)
Le Meridien 120,000 plus $900 (cash upgrade) = Sunset Overwater Pool, 1 Bedroom Villa, 1 King, Sunset view, Ocean view, Private pool

I know Le Meridien is suppose to be nice but St. Regis makes lots of "tops" lists for the Maldives.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 4:52 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chuck1
3 night stay have these booking choices. What would you choose if points/price were no object.
St. Regis 315,000 points = Overwater, 1 Bedroom Villa, 1 King, Sofa bed (villa has pool on deck - not sure of pool size)
Le Meridien 120,000 plus $900 (cash upgrade) = Sunset Overwater Pool, 1 Bedroom Villa, 1 King, Sunset view, Ocean view, Private pool

I know Le Meridien is suppose to be nice but St. Regis makes lots of "tops" lists for the Maldives.
This looks fine but it just doesn't seem to be in the same league as the St. Regis. Given how rapidly Bonvoy points are devaluing, I would rather burn them up front for a better experience rather than hoard them for later.
imm2b and ALGU like this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 7:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold

STR in a heartbeat. The villa is way bigger and more luxurious. Their pools are very nice size. I haven't been to LM but the pools look small. How many points is a sunset owv at STR for your dates? I would recommend that if it's not too many more points.

Is the $900 to upgrade at LM per night or for all 3 nights?

IMHO, the LM seems very nice and is a great starting point for someone who has never been to the Maldives before and is looking to save on points. But for someone who's already been to one or more of the luxury properties or if you're rather looking for a luxury experience and have the points/ cash for it then there are way better options out there than LM. Just my personal opinion.
ALGU and Soccerjoshj07 like this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 9:54 pm

What do you use for phone service in Maldives? Thx.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by friedablass

IMHO, the LM seems very nice and is a great starting point for someone who has never been to the Maldives before and is looking to save on points. But for someone who's already been to one or more of the luxury properties or if you're rather looking for a luxury experience and have the points/ cash for it then there are way better options out there than LM. Just my personal opinion.
Totally agreed. LM is very meh to me having been to PH multiple times. Frankly, I wouldn’t fly half way around the world just to come here. House reef is non-existent. One of the pluses is decent food quality (similar prices as PH) and cheap points redemption. If points/cash is not an issue, StR in a heartbeat! Not even close.
friedablass and PbodyPhoto like this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 2:06 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold

You cannot compare them as they are very different resorts which is reflected in the points needed. So really it depends what your looking for and how points rich you are. If the amount of points is not important st Regis every time. Equally LeMeridien is a very good property and OverWater villas bigger than pictures suggest, but not close to St.R size by any means.

Also the costs of eating etc are lower at LeMeridien so depends if that impacts your thinking.

But as your question says points/price no object, it's easy St.Regis
Old Oct 27, 2021, 2:13 am

Anyone have a review of the Dinner Buffet at all? Considering the halfboard now that it's open.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 4:02 am

Thanks for the advice. We've been to the Maldives and stayed at the FS by the airport. I will cancel the LM and we will try the SR. Again, thanks.
3rdworldresident and WasKnown like this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by travelwow
What do you use for phone service in Maldives? Thx.
WhatsApp, Skype.
GalaxyChris and travelwow like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.