Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jason8612
Hotel email:
[email protected]

Resort Shared Seaplane Transfer:
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees and to be paid upon check-out.
420 USD per adult (12 years and above)
210 USD per child (ages between 2 and 11.99 years)
Baggage
Complimentary for infants (below 2 years)
Standard baggage is 30 25kg including hand luggage. Excess weight will be charged at 5.60 USD per kg (per round trip).
Max dimensions are 158 cm and 32 kg. Infants do not have baggage allowance.
Hours
Operate between 06:00 to 16:00.
For check-in, last international flight must arrive at or before 15:30.
For check-out, first international flight must depart at or after 09:00.
Complete Details can be found here.

COVID Related Topics
Testing
Testing available at 120++ USD pp and reservations should be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
Quarantine/Isolation Policy
What happens if I test positive for COVID? Current policy can be found here.
Contact Tracing
Where can I find the list of properties under contract tracing? Here.
What happens if a resort is listed under contract tracing?
Guests must travel directly between MLE airport and the property post arrival and pre departure via international flight ONLY.
Inter-island transfers will be ceased and guests will not be able to arrive from, depart to, another island in the Maldives.

Water Sports & Diving Menu

Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Menu

F&B Menu

Latitude Menu
Riviera Menu
Tabemasu Menu
Turquoise Menu
Velaa Lunch Menu
Velaa Dinner Menu
Waves Menu
Wine Master List
Mini Bar Menu

Meal Plans
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees
Bed and Breakfast per night

30 USD per adult (12 years and above)
15 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Half Board per night
95 USD per adult (12 years and above)
47.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Complimentary for infants (below 3 years)
Full Board Plus per night
155 USD per adult (12 years and above)
77.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
All-Inclusive per night
230 USD per adult (12 years and above)
115 USD per child (ages 3 and 11.99 years)
Details can be found here.

F&B Bonvoy Discounts
General Members & Silver Elite 10%
Gold Elite 15%
Platinum, Titanium, & Ambassador Elite 20%
Full Details can be found here.

Resort Map
Can be found here.
Room total can be found here.
Beach Bungalow and Beach Villa are categorized by location. See the resort map for more information.

Paid/confirmed upgrades
Rates per night as of 08-May-2021
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV 50++ USD
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool 250++ USD
Terms
Must be for entire duration of reservation
Requires non-refundable payment at time of confirming
Availability and rates subject to change
Can you apply SNAs at this property? No.

Late Checkout Policy (subject to availability)
General Members: None
Silver Elite: "Priority"
Gold Elite: 2pm
Platinum & Titanium Elite: 4pm
Ambassador Elite: 4pm or "Your24"

Welcome Gift
General Members & Silver Elite: None
Gold Elite: 500 points per stay
Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador Elite: Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

Drone Restrictions
"We strictly prohibit the operation of any type of UAV or drones for any purpose within and above the premises of the resort as our guests' privacy is of our utmost concern. This prohibition extends to devices launched from the resort or from outside the boundaries of the resort. If you wish to take photographs or videos, you may do so at the common areas of our resort."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2021, 5:20 am

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by bobu
Pretty sure at 35k nights, they plan on making money on food and activities unfortunately.
yeh and even by high end Maldivian prices (excluding the super high end ultra luxury obviously) this place looks expensive.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 6:06 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
unless that includes some soft drinks that seems expensive. I’m surprised they are charging 5 Star rates when not even every room has a private pool 😳
When planning next trip to Maldives, will ask One&Only, Six Senses, Soneva Fushi, Park Hyatt, Conrad, , Gili Lankanfushi and all the other 5 star properties without private pools for every room, for a special 3-4 star rate. And of course for free tap water at dinner.
kokinos likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by mb123
When planning next trip to Maldives, will ask One&Only, Six Senses, Soneva Fushi, Park Hyatt, Conrad, , Gili Lankanfushi and all the other 5 star properties without private pools for every room, for a special 3-4 star rate. And of course for free tap water at dinner.
The Standard is in a similar price per night room rate as Le Meridien, has seemingly better amenities, every room has a pool, house water is free everywhere, and the buffet costs $55.

Putting Le Meridien in the same bucket as any of the hotels you mentioned above is absolutely laughable. Sure some may not have a pool in every room but they make up for the luxury, and charge for it (rightly so) in many ways that a Le Meridien can’t justify in my opinion.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 6:54 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mb123
The Standard is in a similar price per night room rate as Le Meridien, has seemingly better amenities, every room has a pool, house water is free everywhere, and the buffet costs $55.
But the LM can be booked with 35K FNCs which instantly makes it the best option for many people that might otherwise not even visit the Maldives.

I agree it’s weird to compare the LM to the Park Hyatt, One&Only, Six Senses, etc. Just look at the Flamingo wallpapers in the closets… they’re not trying to position themselves as ultra luxurious and that’s perfectly fine.
PbodyPhoto and Izanoroly like this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 7:19 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I understand both sides here, but I must say it is a bit deceptive to position your resort as a Cat. 5, only to have higher costs all-around for food and services.

Of course, they can do it, but I do agree that there is some kind of disproportionality between the rates and the meal prices
PbodyPhoto likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 7:31 am

unless that includes some soft drinks that seems expensive. I’m surprised they are charging 5 Star rates when not even every room has a private pool 😳
It does not include soft drinks, only purified still and sparkling water (no Fiji, no Evian, no Perrier, no Eska, no San Pellegrino).

The $85 price could simply be a driver for guests to purchase a meal-plan

On the nights there was no Buffett offered, I was free to enjoy anything and everything ala carte off the menu. No 3 course limit.
PbodyPhoto and Soccerjoshj07 like this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by yoteshot
I understand both sides here, but I must say it is a bit deceptive to position your resort as a Cat. 5, only to have higher costs all-around for food and services.

Of course, they can do it, but I do agree that there is some kind of disproportionality between the rates and the meal prices
That is exactly my concern. 3 star rates, 3.5 star rooms, 5 star pricing on activities and meals.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 2:17 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Usually the activities offered by a 3rd party operator will cost the same, regardless of room rates/star level.
You will pay the same price for e.g. An open water dive course at the rather cheap Taj exotica, the more upscale Conrad or Intercontinental or the more luxurios WA.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 11:38 pm

Putting Le Meridien in the same bucket as any of the hotels you mentioned above is absolutely laughable. Sure some may not have a pool in every room but they make up for the luxury, and charge for it (rightly so) in many ways that a Le Meridien can’t justify in my opinion.
But as a 35-40k Marriott property, I can use certs and points which are easily earned on credit card bonuses and what not. Also, as a Titanium member, I get 20% off f&b (I think) as well as 17x points back per $1 spent. This all adds up and ends up as much better value than the other similar resorts. Also, the seaplane to Le Meridien is relatively cheap as well.

Last edited by bobu; Sep 22, 2021 at 5:04 am
Old Sep 21, 2021, 3:56 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by bobu
But as a 35-40k Marriott property, I can use certs and points which are easily earned on credit card bonuses and what not. Also, as a Titanium member, I get 20% (I think) as well as 17x points back per $1 spent. This all adds up and ends up as much better value than the other similar resorts. Also, the seaplane to Le Meridien is relatively cheap as well.
I agree with the first part, but disagree with 2nd part. $420 for a 30min seaplane transfer seems a bit expensive, and their flight schedule isn't great. 6 of us departing to MLE with our flights out around 10pm and the seaplane departed at 245pm from the resort. So around 7hrs to sit and wait in MLE
​​​​
Old Sep 22, 2021, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by jason8612
I agree with the first part, but disagree with 2nd part. $420 for a 30min seaplane transfer seems a bit expensive, and their flight schedule isn't great. 6 of us departing to MLE with our flights out around 10pm and the seaplane departed at 245pm from the resort. So around 7hrs to sit and wait in MLE
​​​​
Well i meant compared to other seaplane transfers for the other resorts. It's freaking highway robbery at that price, but we don't really have any choice lol. Really crappy you have to depart so early though, I wish there were cheaper options. I want to go to dubai after and can take emirates or etihad, and etihad is waaaay cheaper, but the flight times are terrible.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 5:33 am

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
Originally Posted by jason8612
​​​​
Relatively, the LM is the cheapest seaplane transfer among Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG and Radisson. Those that are cheaper use boat transfers like Sheraton, HI, and the Curio. Ritz and WA, however…

Schedule is always YMMV and up to TMA, so can’t really hold that against the property.
JC5280 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by ALGU
Schedule is always YMMV and up to TMA, so can’t really hold that against the property.
that’s a little bit of a cop out used by the resorts. There is very obviously some prioritization that goes on and it almost certainly has to do with the transfer prices. At The Standard they charge $450pp and in both directions we stopped at resorts that charged more but were objectively out of the way (in fact we overflow The Standard in both directions) luckily it wasn’t a major time inconvenience but it’s also not entirely a luck of the draw situation.

with cheaper seaplane prices comes more inconvenient schedules.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 6:41 am

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
that’s a little bit of a cop out used by the resorts. There is very obviously some prioritization that goes on and it almost certainly has to do with the transfer prices. At The Standard they charge $450pp and in both directions we stopped at resorts that charged more but were objectively out of the way (in fact we overflow The Standard in both directions) luckily it wasn’t a major time inconvenience but it’s also not entirely a luck of the draw situation.

with cheaper seaplane prices comes more inconvenient schedules.
Seems anecdotal and YMMV, only had one stop to the LM and was nonstop on the return as the only passengers boarding from LM. On the way back, others were on board, so it seems they were inconvenienced over me.

My understanding is the markup goes to extras like private transport and lounge or just a pure markup from the property, rather than a TMA commission for schedule priority.
JC5280 likes this.

Last edited by ALGU; Sep 22, 2021 at 6:54 am
Old Sep 22, 2021, 6:48 am

I think the sea planes only go to around 3-4, so wasn’t 2:50 a relatively decent option?

hopefully you had Lounge access at MLE regardless

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.