Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jason8612
Hotel email:
[email protected]

Resort Shared Seaplane Transfer:
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees and to be paid upon check-out.
420 USD per adult (12 years and above)
210 USD per child (ages between 2 and 11.99 years)
Baggage
Complimentary for infants (below 2 years)
Standard baggage is 30 25kg including hand luggage. Excess weight will be charged at 5.60 USD per kg (per round trip).
Max dimensions are 158 cm and 32 kg. Infants do not have baggage allowance.
Hours
Operate between 06:00 to 16:00.
For check-in, last international flight must arrive at or before 15:30.
For check-out, first international flight must depart at or after 09:00.
Complete Details can be found here.

COVID Related Topics
Testing
Testing available at 120++ USD pp and reservations should be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
Quarantine/Isolation Policy
What happens if I test positive for COVID? Current policy can be found here.
Contact Tracing
Where can I find the list of properties under contract tracing? Here.
What happens if a resort is listed under contract tracing?
Guests must travel directly between MLE airport and the property post arrival and pre departure via international flight ONLY.
Inter-island transfers will be ceased and guests will not be able to arrive from, depart to, another island in the Maldives.

Water Sports & Diving Menu

Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Menu

F&B Menu

Latitude Menu
Riviera Menu
Tabemasu Menu
Turquoise Menu
Velaa Lunch Menu
Velaa Dinner Menu
Waves Menu
Wine Master List
Mini Bar Menu

Meal Plans
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees
Bed and Breakfast per night

30 USD per adult (12 years and above)
15 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Half Board per night
95 USD per adult (12 years and above)
47.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Complimentary for infants (below 3 years)
Full Board Plus per night
155 USD per adult (12 years and above)
77.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
All-Inclusive per night
230 USD per adult (12 years and above)
115 USD per child (ages 3 and 11.99 years)
Details can be found here.

F&B Bonvoy Discounts
General Members & Silver Elite 10%
Gold Elite 15%
Platinum, Titanium, & Ambassador Elite 20%
Full Details can be found here.

Resort Map
Can be found here.
Room total can be found here.
Beach Bungalow and Beach Villa are categorized by location. See the resort map for more information.

Paid/confirmed upgrades
Rates per night as of 08-May-2021
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV 50++ USD
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool 250++ USD
Terms
Must be for entire duration of reservation
Requires non-refundable payment at time of confirming
Availability and rates subject to change
Can you apply SNAs at this property? No.

Late Checkout Policy (subject to availability)
General Members: None
Silver Elite: "Priority"
Gold Elite: 2pm
Platinum & Titanium Elite: 4pm
Ambassador Elite: 4pm or "Your24"

Welcome Gift
General Members & Silver Elite: None
Gold Elite: 500 points per stay
Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador Elite: Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

Drone Restrictions
"We strictly prohibit the operation of any type of UAV or drones for any purpose within and above the premises of the resort as our guests' privacy is of our utmost concern. This prohibition extends to devices launched from the resort or from outside the boundaries of the resort. If you wish to take photographs or videos, you may do so at the common areas of our resort."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2021, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by mb123
my plan was to charge everything to my room and get the 20% discount on F+B
PS - things like the Wednesday night lobster night fixed menu do not qualify for the 20% F&B discount because it’s a “promotional price”, and that this was a “Marriott thing”. This was a new one for me.

Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
I just emailed and asked and they referenced the full board plus at $155, not $125

It looks like this is an updated PDF too, as it only includes a select (like 5) cocktails in the full board plan

https://smallpdf.com/result#r=74d2d5...share-document
So the print out from the resort when we arrived indicated $125 after all - what the heck.

Also what the heck, we ran into a couple that did the full board plan and the restaurant servers told them they can order anything on the menu - like any cocktail not just the 5 listed here. $125 incl any cocktail is a very reasonable price IMO, especially if your room rate doesn’t include breakfast otherwise.

I didn’t ask too much about food but it seemed like they had the same menu as a la carte, no special menu for those on a meal plan it seemed (but could be wrong).

My favorite restaurant here was Tabemasu so not being on the meal plan I was happy I could go there without feeling like I was missing out on the meal plan.

$5 house water charges at dinner final tally:
Tabemasu: 1/2
Vela: 0/3
Turquoise: 1/1

🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited by Soccerjoshj07; Oct 17, 2021 at 1:27 pm
Old Oct 17, 2021, 1:23 pm

Yeah you each can use one of the 3. Leave yourself plenty of time to do your tests correctly in case you need to fall back to the resort’s PCR though I’d suggest.

just transited through Doha using these antigen

https://www.emed.com/products/covid-...stkit-six-pack

They only check for negative test result upon check in at Male airport. They did look for an extra second at our printed results and asked if it was PCR, and I just said we’re traveling to the US so it’s an antigen. And then was approved and moved along. Someone from the hotel was with us helping us navigate thru the airport after arriving back from the seaplane to help if you run into any issues.

Random-
For the Maldives Health Declaration form, a point of confusion for us was that the arrival form is expecting to be filled out 24 hours by when you ARRIVE not when you’re flight to Maldives departs. But it doesn’t seem to matter if you need to submit another copy if you mess up. We messed up a birth date once too and we just submit another form and seemed to be no issue.

Make sure to submit this before getting to MLE when you leave; they scan it.

Thanks for all the info
Old Oct 17, 2021, 1:41 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by travelwow
One more question. I ordered a pack of 3 from the link. Can I use 1 of these 3 for me and 1 for my wife or i need to buy a separate 3 pack for my wife? Thanks.
You can use one each but I suggest traveling with double the number of tests you need. There is a risk of an inconclusive or false positive test result and you will want to have a spare test each just in case that happens.
Soccerjoshj07 likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 12:52 am

Programs: UA 1MM
How many weeks ahead of time did the hotel contact you for flight information?

We booked a late December stay last month, nothing from the hotel yet.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 12:59 am

A month in advance
boat stuck likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by boat stuck
How many weeks ahead of time did the hotel contact you for flight information?

We booked a late December stay last month, nothing from the hotel yet.
feel free to reach out yourself too, usually very responsive: [email protected], [email protected]
boat stuck likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 1:48 pm

How does luggage work? It says up to 25kg a person and then 1 hand luggage at 3kg/person. Can I have multiple suitcases totalling 25kg, so like 2 carry ons or something that total 25kg or is it 1 per person with the 25kg limit? I emailed them to clarify but received a generic response that basically said whatever the pdf said. Actually she gave me conflicting answers than the pdf cause she said 20kg and 5kg lol.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by bobu
How does luggage work? It says up to 25kg a person and then 1 hand luggage at 3kg/person. Can I have multiple suitcases totalling 25kg, so like 2 carry ons or something that total 25kg or is it 1 per person with the 25kg limit? I emailed them to clarify but received a generic response that basically said whatever the pdf said. Actually she gave me conflicting answers than the pdf cause she said 20kg and 5kg lol.
I have some grand first hand experience with this. The seaplane company will weigh every bag you have - including backpacks and draw string bags on your back - and if you're over 25kg/person you'll pay approximately $5usd per kg over before they'll let you board the seaplane.

You'll only pay the overage charges for the way there, they don't weigh the bags on the way back.
CanadianGeese likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 2:43 pm

I have some grand first hand experience with this. The seaplane company will weigh every bag you have - including backpacks and draw string bags on your back - and if you're over 25kg/person you'll pay approximately $5usd per kg over before they'll let you board the seaplane.

You'll only pay the overage charges for the way there, they don't weigh the bags on the way back.
Can I bring as many bags as I want as long as it doesn't exceed 25kg or is it limited it to 1 + 1 personal?
Old Oct 19, 2021, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by bobu
Can I bring as many bags as I want as long as it doesn't exceed 25kg or is it limited it to 1 + 1 personal?
pretty sure it's as many bags as you want and just the weight they care about. I had 1 big suitcase, 1 mini suitcase, a backpack, and a drawstring bag myself
bobu likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 6:18 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime)
pretty sure it's as many bags as you want and just the weight they care about. I had 1 big suitcase, 1 mini suitcase, a backpack, and a drawstring bag myself
I travelled with a baby and had multiple bags. It's as many as long as the weight is under the limit. I was over and had to pay and extra $30. Strollers get a discounted rate tho, which helped.
bobu and Soccerjoshj07 like this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 5:06 pm

Has anyone used the spa there? Any info to share about the spa? Also, tried reading the activities brochure. Starts out with Jet ski + speed boat excursion. Then it lists 5 activities below manta snorkleing, etc. with no price. Am I reading this wrong? Not sure how to make heads-and-tails out of this? Am I just stupid?
Old Oct 21, 2021, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by travelwow
Has anyone used the spa there? Any info to share about the spa? Also, tried reading the activities brochure. Starts out with Jet ski + speed boat excursion. Then it lists 5 activities below manta snorkleing, etc. with no price. Am I reading this wrong? Not sure how to make heads-and-tails out of this? Am I just stupid?
You can either book a Jet Ski straight up - see page 5 for 60 minutes for $280, 30 minutes for $150, 15 minutes for $80

Or what you're talking about I think is the Jet Ski + create your own excursion - you can pair 1-2 of those 5 items with the jet ski ride. For example, you can jet ski to their private island, or you can jet ski to a place you can snorkel, etc. When we asked, the time you are at the island counts towards the 60/90 minutes.
travelwow likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 2:35 am

Programs: Bonvoy, HH, Delta Skymiles
I am having a great experience

I am here now and will be leaving Monday, 25 October. Arrived 3 days ago. For me, this has been an incredible experience booked on the great points price in May. I'm Platinum and got upgraded automatically to the "Sunset OWV." Only half of the villas are open -- the other pier (or whatever you call the walkway with villas) is still being finished. Employees told me they are about 50% occupancy of what is actually open and usable right now but they expect it to get busier in November. One told me today there are about 250 employees on the island and about 90 guests, so the staff:guest ratio is over 2:1. This is my first time on a trip like this (and first Flyertalk post) and for me, it has been incredible and completely worth it. I'm here until Monday so could try to answer questions "from the ground" if I could be helpful. Reading this forum certainly helped me plan this trip on the other side of the world..
renila, dgreen12, imverge and 6 others like this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by xplant
Reading this forum certainly helped me plan this trip on the other side of the world..
Thanks for the report, and welcome to FlyerTalk!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.