Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jason8612
Hotel email:
[email protected]

Resort Shared Seaplane Transfer:
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees and to be paid upon check-out.
420 USD per adult (12 years and above)
210 USD per child (ages between 2 and 11.99 years)
Baggage
Complimentary for infants (below 2 years)
Standard baggage is 30 25kg including hand luggage. Excess weight will be charged at 5.60 USD per kg (per round trip).
Max dimensions are 158 cm and 32 kg. Infants do not have baggage allowance.
Hours
Operate between 06:00 to 16:00.
For check-in, last international flight must arrive at or before 15:30.
For check-out, first international flight must depart at or after 09:00.
Complete Details can be found here.

COVID Related Topics
Testing
Testing available at 120++ USD pp and reservations should be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
Quarantine/Isolation Policy
What happens if I test positive for COVID? Current policy can be found here.
Contact Tracing
Where can I find the list of properties under contract tracing? Here.
What happens if a resort is listed under contract tracing?
Guests must travel directly between MLE airport and the property post arrival and pre departure via international flight ONLY.
Inter-island transfers will be ceased and guests will not be able to arrive from, depart to, another island in the Maldives.

Water Sports & Diving Menu

Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Menu

F&B Menu

Latitude Menu
Riviera Menu
Tabemasu Menu
Turquoise Menu
Velaa Lunch Menu
Velaa Dinner Menu
Waves Menu
Wine Master List
Mini Bar Menu

Meal Plans
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees
Bed and Breakfast per night

30 USD per adult (12 years and above)
15 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Half Board per night
95 USD per adult (12 years and above)
47.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Complimentary for infants (below 3 years)
Full Board Plus per night
155 USD per adult (12 years and above)
77.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
All-Inclusive per night
230 USD per adult (12 years and above)
115 USD per child (ages 3 and 11.99 years)
Details can be found here.

F&B Bonvoy Discounts
General Members & Silver Elite 10%
Gold Elite 15%
Platinum, Titanium, & Ambassador Elite 20%
Full Details can be found here.

Resort Map
Can be found here.
Room total can be found here.
Beach Bungalow and Beach Villa are categorized by location. See the resort map for more information.

Paid/confirmed upgrades
Rates per night as of 08-May-2021
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV 50++ USD
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool 250++ USD
Terms
Must be for entire duration of reservation
Requires non-refundable payment at time of confirming
Availability and rates subject to change
Can you apply SNAs at this property? No.

Late Checkout Policy (subject to availability)
General Members: None
Silver Elite: "Priority"
Gold Elite: 2pm
Platinum & Titanium Elite: 4pm
Ambassador Elite: 4pm or "Your24"

Welcome Gift
General Members & Silver Elite: None
Gold Elite: 500 points per stay
Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador Elite: Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

Drone Restrictions
"We strictly prohibit the operation of any type of UAV or drones for any purpose within and above the premises of the resort as our guests' privacy is of our utmost concern. This prohibition extends to devices launched from the resort or from outside the boundaries of the resort. If you wish to take photographs or videos, you may do so at the common areas of our resort."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2021, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by MarkCron
@svellmann How late is breakfast served at Turquoise? Thanks
until 11am
MarkCron likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by svellmann
Current meal plans. All plans 30$ off the price you see below, per person per day, if you're Platinum. Tax and service charge already included. One staff told me full board plus cocktail choices may not be 100% strictly enforced.
Nice - great reviews.

We would have totally done the Full Board plan had it not been for the limitations on cocktails posted there...but talking to another couple that did full board, they were specifically told at the restaurants "yeah order whatever cocktail you want"
Old Dec 1, 2021, 10:06 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
Nice - great reviews.

We would have totally done the Full Board plan had it not been for the limitations on cocktails posted there...but talking to another couple that did full board, they were specifically told at the restaurants "yeah order whatever cocktail you want"
I can confirm this. Ordered many drinks off the full menu (not the all inclusive) and never been charged for it. Riviera hands you an all-inclusive menu, but that’s not going to stop them from making any other cocktail you order. The speciality cocktails are made with liquor off the same shelf (level) as the all inclusive menu so it wouldn’t make sense for this differentiation to last long here.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by JC5280
I can confirm this. Ordered many drinks off the full menu (not the all inclusive) and never been charged for it. Riviera hands you an all-inclusive menu, but that’s not going to stop them from making any other cocktail you order. The speciality cocktails are made with liquor off the same shelf (level) as the all inclusive menu so it wouldn’t make sense for this differentiation to last long here.
Yeah I have no idea why you would limit it to those 5 cocktails, I thought maybe they had those 5 batched up or whatever, but it doesn't seem like it.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by JC5280
Where is the full menu? All I see is in this thread is all inclusive. Thanks
Old Dec 1, 2021, 9:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SW Companion
Just got back from our trip and figured I'd give a slightly contrary opinion on the meal plan.

1.). If you are not platinum (aka get the 20% discount), it's probably a no-brainer... Get the meal plan... And if you drink 4+ drinks a day, get full board.

2.). If you are platinum, I think it's a little less clear. For what its worth, in 5 nights, we spent $880 on food and drinks after tax. The full board would have been $120*5*2*25% = $1500.

We didn't do anything cheap or sketchy to save money and we ate at all the restaurants, including the special fish nights. So how you ask?

Well, for starters, we tend to only eat two meals a day. If you are going to eat three, probably get the plan. Breakfast is a massive buffet though... So I'm not sure how much you will want to eat lunch four hours later, no matter who you are. We did get apps a couple days.

Second, all of the entrees are pretty big, and sides are actually not super expensive. Nor is dessert. So to get to $60, you need to spend $75 (-20%) per person... Every meal. Honestly, that's a lot. Some nights we had just entrees that were $40 - 20%. Unless you are ordering three course meals every time, you probably won't get to $75 on average.

Third, you get some free alcohol here and there at a platinum. Welcome champagne in the room, a reception one night, etc. Also if you drink in the room, the mini bottles are cheap ($70 for 375mL of gin, aka 12.5 drinks worth). Bottles of wine are $55-75... You could have two bottles a day and still not break even.

When we were debating it, we thought we would be close, but in the end spent no where near what it would take to have made the meal plan worth it and didn't restrict ourselves to certain foods or certain restaurants. Unless you're both big drinkers or big eaters, and plan to sustain it every day for your trip, it's actually pretty hard to spend $120 pp/day as a platinum.

​​​​​​I still gained 3lbs lol
Old Dec 2, 2021, 2:55 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100
Also if anyone has any questions or wants me to find out any information while on the ground just lmk.
Many thanks for your review Svellmann!

Once you have a chance to try out the meal package, I would be curious to hear about the food part of the package. Especially the dinner since it seems to be the same for both HB and FB.

I think in one of the previous posts there was a set menu from Velaa which changed daily but there was only choice between two entrees while appetizer and dessert were predefined. Is that still the case?

As for Turquoise, how the 3 course dinner looks like, are there more options to choose from? Is it offered everyday or only when the buffet dinner is not taking place?

Many thanks for your insights and enjoy your stay!
Old Dec 2, 2021, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by SkilleZ
Just got back from our trip and figured I'd give a slightly contrary opinion on the meal plan.

1.). If you are not platinum (aka get the 20% discount), it's probably a no-brainer... Get the meal plan... And if you drink 4+ drinks a day, get full board.

2.). If you are platinum, I think it's a little less clear. For what its worth, in 5 nights, we spent $880 on food and drinks after tax. The full board would have been $120*5*2*25% = $1500.

We didn't do anything cheap or sketchy to save money and we ate at all the restaurants, including the special fish nights. So how you ask?
That was very helpful! As a vegetarian, I was really wondering if I would get my money’s worth out of HB or FB. Your post just convinced me not to bother. Plus I love eating at Japanese restaurants as they always have good vegetarian (non-fish) options.

Thank you!
Old Dec 2, 2021, 7:43 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SW Companion
Originally Posted by Kayano

Once you have a chance to try out the meal package, I would be curious to hear about the food part of the package. Especially the dinner since it seems to be the same for both HB and FB.

I think in one of the previous posts there was a set menu from Velaa which changed daily but there was only choice between two entrees while appetizer and dessert were predefined. Is that still the case?

As for Turquoise, how the 3 course dinner looks like, are there more options to choose from? Is it offered everyday or only when the buffet dinner is not taking place?

The menus are all digital on the resort (scanning QR codes). Technically they could change them, but we looked at the all inclusive menu and it was pretty expansive, not just a rotating couple of items. Basically every entrée except the most expensive (like $100 steaks) were included.

As for Turquoise...they really try to push you to the buffett ($85), but they DO offer the a la carte menu every night...you might just have to be a little pushy for it...
Kayano likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 8:40 am

Food menu links & reef update

I forget if this has been posted before but below are links of the menus, including what you'd be able to order if you're on a meal plan. On full board plus, I had ceviche and Greek chicken souvlaki with tzatziki for lunch, just ordered a prawn Cesar salad, a 300g Aussie rib-eye and a chocolate lava cake for dinner and am filling in the gaps with Kiwi Sauvignon Blanc. Missus had a catch of the day yesterday which was super tasty but so big it could have fed both of us.

Meanwhile, I made it my mission to drink my way through the list of 17 cocktails on the menu which they gladly let me do. Food has been great across the board and I continue to believe Full Board Plus is a good deal.
  • Tabemasu – To view the menu, please click here
  • Latitude - To view the menu, please click here
  • Riviera - To view the menu, please click here
  • Waves Café - To view the menu, please click here
  • Velaa Bar + Grill - To view the menu, please click here
By the way:
For those doubting if the house reef will be any good, don't. We've been out twice so far and it's teeming with life - it's heartwarming to see the reef is so alive. Really good, even as an experienced diver I'd say I'm rather impressed how good the snorkeling is here. Haven't seen any sharks so far but multiple massive stings rays and TONS of fish including titan triggerfish, parrotfish in all colors and sizes incl. bumpheads, unicorn fish, snappers, surgeon fish, triggerfish, you name it. Didn't spot anemones so far but there's plenty of beautiful coral. Large schools of fish, too. During sunset we watched massive pipefish hunt in a huge school of what must have been millions of baby fish from our OWV. Another FTer saw an octopus as well, other people I talked to saw a turtle. If you're thinking of not going here because of the reef, in my opinion it should be quite the opposite. The only thing is that it's a bit far out but water in the lagoon is rather shallow, especially at low tide, so you can wade out most of the way. Sunrise over water villa at the end of the pontoon is not all that far from where the reef starts either.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by Kayano

I just posted the links with the QR codes on the tables here link you to. They're super flexible about it. At lunch you can order two courses, like a main and either a dessert or starter. At dinner one each but if you wanted a light dinner could probably also get two starters and a dessert instead.

Had dinner buffer at turquoise last night when was good and plentiful. Haven't had a chance to try a la carte there yet.
Kayano likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 8:48 am

I forget if this has been posted before but below are links of the menus, including what you'd be able to order if you're on a meal plan. On full board plus, I had ceviche and Greek chicken souvlaki with tzatziki for lunch, just ordered a prawn Cesar salad, a 300g Aussie rib-eye and a chocolate lava cake for dinner and am filling in the gaps with Kiwi Sauvignon Blanc. Missus had a catch of the day yesterday which was super tasty but so big it could have fed both of us.

Meanwhile, I made it my mission to drink my way through the list of 17 cocktails on the menu which they gladly let me do. Food has been great across the board and I continue to believe Full Board Plus is a good deal.
  • Tabemasu – To view the menu, please click here
  • Latitude - To view the menu, please click here
  • Riviera - To view the menu, please click here
  • Waves Café - To view the menu, please click here
  • Velaa Bar + Grill - To view the menu, please click here
By the way:
For those doubting if the house reef will be any good, don't. We've been out twice so far and it's teeming with life - it's heartwarming to see the reef is so alive. Really good, even as an experienced diver I'd say I'm rather impressed how good the snorkeling is here. Haven't seen any sharks so far but multiple massive stings rays and TONS of fish including titan triggerfish, parrotfish in all colors and sizes incl. bumpheads, unicorn fish, snappers, surgeon fish, triggerfish, you name it. Didn't spot anemones so far but there's plenty of beautiful coral. Large schools of fish, too. During sunset we watched massive pipefish hunt in a huge school of what must have been millions of baby fish from our OWV. Another FTer saw an octopus as well, other people I talked to saw a turtle. If you're thinking of not going here because of the reef, in my opinion it should be quite the opposite. The only thing is that it's a bit far out but water in the lagoon is rather shallow, especially at low tide, so you can wade out most of the way. Sunrise over water villa at the end of the pontoon is not all that far from where the reef starts either.
I thought the same too... I don't have a ton to compare it to but snorkeling and diving at the house reef was definitely not a disappointment.

The only thing is the house reef starts where the "dark blue" water begins - they have orange buoys there too - so it looks a little scary the first time you're swimming out there - our first attempt we actually didn't make it all the way out there so yes on first impression it was a little disappointing, but once we went the full way, we saw plenty of fish, stingray, and turtles.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
I thought the same too... I don't have a ton to compare it to but snorkeling and diving at the house reef was definitely not a disappointment.

The only thing is the house reef starts where the "dark blue" water begins - they have orange buoys there too - so it looks a little scary the first time you're swimming out there - our first attempt we actually didn't make it all the way out there so yes on first impression it was a little disappointing, but once we went the full way, we saw plenty of fish, stingray, and turtles.
Not my photo, a fellow guest that was on our seaplane back.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by LukFilm
Where is the full menu? All I see is in this thread is all inclusive. Thanks
Have a look at the wiki, even though I suspect those menus may change.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Gold
Timing for Departure COVID Test?

For those with recent experience, does the on-property clinic offer rapid antigen or rapid PCR/NAAT tests (same day results)? Or do they need 2-3 days to turn test results?

If you need a test administered within 1 day before your flight (new/upcoming US rules), does anybody have experience with coordinating an on-property test to permit inter-island travel within the Maldives and then getting a rapid antigen or rapid PCR test back on Malé?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.