Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jason8612
Hotel email:
[email protected]

Resort Shared Seaplane Transfer:
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees and to be paid upon check-out.
420 USD per adult (12 years and above)
210 USD per child (ages between 2 and 11.99 years)
Baggage
Complimentary for infants (below 2 years)
Standard baggage is 30 25kg including hand luggage. Excess weight will be charged at 5.60 USD per kg (per round trip).
Max dimensions are 158 cm and 32 kg. Infants do not have baggage allowance.
Hours
Operate between 06:00 to 16:00.
For check-in, last international flight must arrive at or before 15:30.
For check-out, first international flight must depart at or after 09:00.
Complete Details can be found here.

COVID Related Topics
Testing
Testing available at 120++ USD pp and reservations should be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
Quarantine/Isolation Policy
What happens if I test positive for COVID? Current policy can be found here.
Contact Tracing
Where can I find the list of properties under contract tracing? Here.
What happens if a resort is listed under contract tracing?
Guests must travel directly between MLE airport and the property post arrival and pre departure via international flight ONLY.
Inter-island transfers will be ceased and guests will not be able to arrive from, depart to, another island in the Maldives.

Water Sports & Diving Menu

Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Menu

F&B Menu

Latitude Menu
Riviera Menu
Tabemasu Menu
Turquoise Menu
Velaa Lunch Menu
Velaa Dinner Menu
Waves Menu
Wine Master List
Mini Bar Menu

Meal Plans
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees
Bed and Breakfast per night

30 USD per adult (12 years and above)
15 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Half Board per night
95 USD per adult (12 years and above)
47.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Complimentary for infants (below 3 years)
Full Board Plus per night
155 USD per adult (12 years and above)
77.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
All-Inclusive per night
230 USD per adult (12 years and above)
115 USD per child (ages 3 and 11.99 years)
Details can be found here.

F&B Bonvoy Discounts
General Members & Silver Elite 10%
Gold Elite 15%
Platinum, Titanium, & Ambassador Elite 20%
Full Details can be found here.

Resort Map
Can be found here.
Room total can be found here.
Beach Bungalow and Beach Villa are categorized by location. See the resort map for more information.

Paid/confirmed upgrades
Rates per night as of 08-May-2021
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV 50++ USD
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool 250++ USD
Terms
Must be for entire duration of reservation
Requires non-refundable payment at time of confirming
Availability and rates subject to change
Can you apply SNAs at this property? No.

Late Checkout Policy (subject to availability)
General Members: None
Silver Elite: "Priority"
Gold Elite: 2pm
Platinum & Titanium Elite: 4pm
Ambassador Elite: 4pm or "Your24"

Welcome Gift
General Members & Silver Elite: None
Gold Elite: 500 points per stay
Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador Elite: Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

Drone Restrictions
"We strictly prohibit the operation of any type of UAV or drones for any purpose within and above the premises of the resort as our guests' privacy is of our utmost concern. This prohibition extends to devices launched from the resort or from outside the boundaries of the resort. If you wish to take photographs or videos, you may do so at the common areas of our resort."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2021, 10:41 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Originally Posted by boat stuck
For the TMA seaplane to the hotel, do they weigh everything including backpacks, or just suitcases/rollaboards?

Assume everything will be weighed except for you. Although if you know aviation enough, you know they have an estimated weight for you as well. :-)
Old Dec 19, 2021, 11:09 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Throwing a few more tips in to the mix here, either to ditto some of the ones already offered, or to add some additional ones that hopefully are helpful. I am sure everyone's experiences vary. I didn't see a single "influencer" while I was there, nor would they disrupt my vacation if I did see them. There were lots of posts on the hotel IG page during my visit.
  • Food is really fresh. I recommend getting a tour of the greenhouse. You will appreciate the freshness of the salads. They somehow get fresh avocados for the salads and they dont have a speck of brown on them. The chef said anything not grown on the island is usually distributed through Dubai as its a hub for food products globally. They can get just about anything they want here from anywhere in the world. Of course, there is a cost to that.
  • I got a chance to meet Brett, the Exec Chef who started the kitchens here (he has done this for many resorts in the region) and he was hilarious. He is pretty visible so be sure to chat with him.
  • The pizza over cranks out some amazing pies. Highly recommend these!
  • The fresh catches and even the meats were perfectly done. I really didnt expect the rib eye or short rib to be as good as it was
  • Breakfast was good, but I can see it getting a little boring after a few days. If you like Indian food, try anything that Dejvin is making, especially in the mornings. He is a superb Indian chef who puts together some awesome dishes you will love.
  • The Pastry Chef has apparently won many awards - everything is delicious, but your waistline may be impacted
  • I experienced some of the best service I have ever experienced at a hotel. Just warm friendly workers that went out of their way to ensure we were happy. Ive stayed in some really nice hotels before too, and these employees were fantastic.
  • I think interacting with the staff and using their names goes a really long way. This may be a cultural thing too, as we are outgoing and well-traveled Americans. I saw this with other similar travelers, but a lot of the guests at the time I was there were Russian or Middle Eastern, and I think the language barriers kept the interactions limited to business only.
  • Tip your housekeeping on the first morning and you will see extra towels, waters, coffees, etc. or anything else you request in a note. I left $5 and found I was well taken care of most of the week, including mini-bar refreshes.
  • A small additional tip at any of the restaurants will ensure amazing service for many days in a row as you will often see the same servers in the mornings and the evenings.
  • Drone rules were strictly enforced. One came out and the operator was quickly told they were not allowed after one short flight.
  • Spa bookings needed to be done 2-3 days out. Make these reservations early in your trip. Elites get an additional 15 minute service. The spa and massage were amazing. One of our top 5 all-time massages.
  • Yellow beach towels were easy to find everywhere and well stocked. No need to take yours with you from your room.
  • You will constantly see maintenance staff raking the sand on the beaches and walkways. This added a nice touch when you were on walkways. I am not sure why...but I liked it.
  • The gym is really nice and the staff are fantastic. The classes can be tough!
  • Wear flip flops or sandals everywhere. You will be on sand most of your days and nights. Be prepared for your footwear to get wet when it rains, the paths will have lots of puddles.
  • Umbrellas on rainy days are well stocked around the resort. They are big, sturdy and worked well for two people.
  • Mobile key worked really well and came in handy several times.
  • Their coffee (Illy brand, my favorite) is amazing and baristas do an excellent job
  • The house DJ is awesome, her music was perfect. We found ourselves following her set up around the island
  • Sunset at the Riviera is a must-do, every night. Get there a little early to get a good seat. Know that the 3-4 staff here will be busy at this time. Plan ahead.
  • Movie nights were cool. Odd selection for a movie (The Mechanic) but it was a unique experience. Bring your own cocktail from the bar. Popcorn is served by the staff.
  • Bring more sunscreen than you think you will need
  • Its hot, you will sweat, especially when winds die down
  • Bring hydration supplements - the water there is heavily purified and it wont have the minerals needed to hydrate you as effectively as water from home

The less than great stuff:
  • The closet doors will drive you absolutely insane. By the end of the week, I wish I had a tool to take them off the hinges. They are noisy, the spring snaps them back strong enough to give you a bruise if you arent watching and they don't serve much of a purpose.
  • I am not a buffet person for dinners. I tried it one night, it was just okay.
  • Google the manual for the coffee maker in the room, you will need it as the settings are hidden functions
  • Some of the cocktails were out of this world good, and some were really not strong or unique. I think they are carefully measured. Many came out different than what was ordered. All still very drinkable.
  • Lots and lots of walking here. Its about 3/4 of a mile from one end of the OVW pier to the hub
Old Dec 19, 2021, 1:04 pm

Programs: SPG Plat 100
Originally Posted by JC5280
  • A small additional tip at any of the restaurants will ensure amazing service for many days in a row as you will often see the same servers in the mornings and the evenings.
Many thanks for your insights / observations. A stupid question about tipping at the restaurants - did you just added an additional amount to your bill, or tipped in cash? I assume that you didn't do it after every meal, right?
Old Dec 19, 2021, 1:14 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, UA Silver, DL Plat, AS MVP, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by crjtraveler
Yikes, I fly back on Sunday and am planning to use the self test LFT same way I have for all my previous international trips back to the UK. I think I'll probably roll the dice, but need to talk the more cautious half first. Worst case I can book a few nights at the Sheraton and do a PCR there.
Went fine at the airport. I was flying Air France from MLE-CDG-LHR and used a C-19 rapid antigen self-test. Can't say if other airlines are the same or if it was just Air France but there were no issues for me.

The amount of lines for the MLE airport is truly wild though.​​​​​Line 1 for a security check to get into the check-in desks, line 2 for immigration out of the country and line 3 for another security check post-immigration. We left late because of how many folks were stuck in line.
eh220160 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Kayano
Many thanks for your insights / observations. A stupid question about tipping at the restaurants - did you just added an additional amount to your bill, or tipped in cash? I assume that you didn't do it after every meal, right?
Just the sit down meals, like dinner, where we were there for a while. I added $5 to the tab and they were very appreciative. Cash would be better, but I never carried any with me.
Kayano likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 12:04 pm

Anyone recently flying back to the US can share their COVID testing experience? Since recently US requires 24 hr testing, I suppose the PCR test at the resort would not qualify as it exceeds the 24-hr window. We plan to use the Abbott ART test kit with eMed while waiting at MLE, but our concern is that what if the internet connection is too unstable to complete the test. Is there option for rapid antigen or PCR test at MEL airport? Otherwise is there option in Singapore airport since we have a long layover for the transit flight there?
Old Dec 22, 2021, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by chui888
Anyone recently flying back to the US can share their COVID testing experience? Since recently US requires 24 hr testing, I suppose the PCR test at the resort would not qualify as it exceeds the 24-hr window. We plan to use the Abbott ART test kit with eMed while waiting at MLE, but our concern is that what if the internet connection is too unstable to complete the test. Is there option for rapid antigen or PCR test at MEL airport? Otherwise is there option in Singapore airport since we have a long layover for the transit flight there?
the wifi was pretty good at the resort and we had no issues doing the Abbott test over video chat. Maybe try and take during off-peak time (ie not after everyone is back from dinner) for best luck too.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 1:03 pm

I did not find wifi to be very reliable at the MLE airport. There are a few "free airport wifi" networks, at least one of which was a fake/scam and the only access I could successfully connect to was in the food court, where it is time limited to 30minutes through an access code. I would highly recommend doing the test at the hotel instead.

Also worth noting, I had several hours at the MLE airport and it is not an experience I would recommend if you have any control. Not horrible, but you will be confined to the food court (Dairy Queen, Burger King, etc.) to wait, or outside. The check in counters only open for specific flights, and only 3 hours prior to that departure. So you cannot access the lounges or even airside until this time.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 3:06 pm

Thanks for the info Soccerjoshj07 JC5280 . I'd prefer to do the test in the resort if we can but the time might be risky for us. We have a 12 hr layover at SIN, add the 5 hr flight time form MEL to SIN and it's 17 hr. So we have about a 7 hr window for doing the ART self test before boarding at MLE. We prefer to get to MLE a bit early because we kind of worry about the seaplane schedule. We'll have to see about the seaplane schedule to see we can do the test at the resort before checking out.

Since airport wifi is not reliable, has anyone has experience with local sim card with 4G? Is it much more reliable than wifi?
Old Dec 22, 2021, 4:26 pm

Thats a long journey, almost like my 41 hours of travel (from sea plane pier at Le Meridien to San Diego airport) last month. Double check the requirements for the timing, I believe its not 24 hours, but "one day" prior to test. That may give you a few hours extra. Do the test right before you leave the hotel and then have a few extra to bring with you just in case. I am now traveling with those eMed tests these days - you never know when a flight will get delayed, cancelled, or you unexpectedly overnight somewhere, not to mention changes in testing requirements!

The seaplane schedule will be set for you by the hotel. They will have your international departure flight time out of MLE and they will schedule you accordingly. With a 11pm departure, we were given a 330pm seaplane flight, but that may have been because there was some weather earlier in the day. Its very fluid, so set expectations accordingly.

Last edited by JC5280; Dec 22, 2021 at 5:27 pm
Old Dec 22, 2021, 7:44 pm

Thats a long journey, almost like my 41 hours of travel (from sea plane pier at Le Meridien to San Diego airport) last month. Double check the requirements for the timing, I believe its not 24 hours, but "one day" prior to test. That may give you a few hours extra. Do the test right before you leave the hotel and then have a few extra to bring with you just in case. I am now traveling with those eMed tests these days - you never know when a flight will get delayed, cancelled, or you unexpectedly overnight somewhere, not to mention changes in testing requirements!

The seaplane schedule will be set for you by the hotel. They will have your international departure flight time out of MLE and they will schedule you accordingly. With a 11pm departure, we were given a 330pm seaplane flight, but that may have been because there was some weather earlier in the day. Its very fluid, so set expectations accordingly.
Good point. It's not so clear in the official website whether it must be 24 hrs or one calendar day which can be more than 24 hrs. I'm calling Singapore Airlines to get clarification on that, and also to clarify whether it's one day before departing from MLE or one day before departing from SIN. If it's one day before departing from MLE then it's a lot easier.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 9:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Good point. It's not so clear in the official website whether it must be 24 hrs or one calendar day which can be more than 24 hrs. I'm calling Singapore Airlines to get clarification on that, and also to clarify whether it's one day before departing from MLE or one day before departing from SIN. If it's one day before departing from MLE then it's a lot easier.
If your are on 1 PNR for the entire journey then it's 1 day (not 24 hours) before you're first departure point.

What time is your flight from MLE? If you're doing the emed proctored test you can even do it the morning of the flight while still at the resort where you will have way better wifi than at the airport (if you'd have any at all which we didn't). The whole process takes less than 30 minutes (took me more like 20ish but I'm saying 30 just to be safe if you have a wait for a proctor).
Old Dec 23, 2021, 11:35 am

It's 1 PNR for the return flights. Singapore Air rep on the phone also said it's one day before boarding from MLE. Since our flight from MLE is at night, we should have plenty of time to do the eMed test in the morning at the resort, I will double confirm it when we arrive at SIN with Singapore Air as we don't want any surprises when we return.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 3:36 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Also worth noting, I had several hours at the MLE airport and it is not an experience I would recommend if you have any control. Not horrible, but you will be confined to the food court (Dairy Queen, Burger King, etc.) to wait, or outside. The check in counters only open for specific flights, and only 3 hours prior to that departure. So you cannot access the lounges or even airside until this time.
Why not leave your luggage with your hotel rep and take the ferry in to town to have a walk around? Much better way of killing time than sitting at the airport.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 9:59 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
It's 1 PNR for the return flights. Singapore Air rep on the phone also said it's one day before boarding from MLE. Since our flight from MLE is at night, we should have plenty of time to do the eMed test in the morning at the resort, I will double confirm it when we arrive at SIN with Singapore Air as we don't want any surprises when we return.
As far as I know you never have to show your negative test when you arrive in the USA. It's the responsibility of the airline at departure to check it and to only grant boarding if everything checks out. So once your negative results are accepted at MLE you should be good to go for the rest of your journey especially since it's on 1 PNR and you should be checked all the way through.
PbodyPhoto likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.