Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jason8612
Hotel email:
[email protected]

Resort Shared Seaplane Transfer:
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees and to be paid upon check-out.
420 USD per adult (12 years and above)
210 USD per child (ages between 2 and 11.99 years)
Baggage
Complimentary for infants (below 2 years)
Standard baggage is 30 25kg including hand luggage. Excess weight will be charged at 5.60 USD per kg (per round trip).
Max dimensions are 158 cm and 32 kg. Infants do not have baggage allowance.
Hours
Operate between 06:00 to 16:00.
For check-in, last international flight must arrive at or before 15:30.
For check-out, first international flight must depart at or after 09:00.
Complete Details can be found here.

COVID Related Topics
Testing
Testing available at 120++ USD pp and reservations should be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
Quarantine/Isolation Policy
What happens if I test positive for COVID? Current policy can be found here.
Contact Tracing
Where can I find the list of properties under contract tracing? Here.
What happens if a resort is listed under contract tracing?
Guests must travel directly between MLE airport and the property post arrival and pre departure via international flight ONLY.
Inter-island transfers will be ceased and guests will not be able to arrive from, depart to, another island in the Maldives.

Water Sports & Diving Menu

Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Menu

F&B Menu

Latitude Menu
Riviera Menu
Tabemasu Menu
Turquoise Menu
Velaa Lunch Menu
Velaa Dinner Menu
Waves Menu
Wine Master List
Mini Bar Menu

Meal Plans
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees
Bed and Breakfast per night

30 USD per adult (12 years and above)
15 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Half Board per night
95 USD per adult (12 years and above)
47.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Complimentary for infants (below 3 years)
Full Board Plus per night
155 USD per adult (12 years and above)
77.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
All-Inclusive per night
230 USD per adult (12 years and above)
115 USD per child (ages 3 and 11.99 years)
Details can be found here.

F&B Bonvoy Discounts
General Members & Silver Elite 10%
Gold Elite 15%
Platinum, Titanium, & Ambassador Elite 20%
Full Details can be found here.

Resort Map
Can be found here.
Room total can be found here.
Beach Bungalow and Beach Villa are categorized by location. See the resort map for more information.

Paid/confirmed upgrades
Rates per night as of 08-May-2021
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV 50++ USD
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool 250++ USD
Terms
Must be for entire duration of reservation
Requires non-refundable payment at time of confirming
Availability and rates subject to change
Can you apply SNAs at this property? No.

Late Checkout Policy (subject to availability)
General Members: None
Silver Elite: "Priority"
Gold Elite: 2pm
Platinum & Titanium Elite: 4pm
Ambassador Elite: 4pm or "Your24"

Welcome Gift
General Members & Silver Elite: None
Gold Elite: 500 points per stay
Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador Elite: Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

Drone Restrictions
"We strictly prohibit the operation of any type of UAV or drones for any purpose within and above the premises of the resort as our guests' privacy is of our utmost concern. This prohibition extends to devices launched from the resort or from outside the boundaries of the resort. If you wish to take photographs or videos, you may do so at the common areas of our resort."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2021, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by PABitz
For those with recent experience, does the on-property clinic offer rapid antigen or rapid PCR/NAAT tests (same day results)? Or do they need 2-3 days to turn test results?

If you need a test administered within 1 day before your flight (new/upcoming US rules), does anybody have experience with coordinating an on-property test to permit inter-island travel within the Maldives and then getting a rapid antigen or rapid PCR test back on Malé?
the clinic does PCR…not sure how long it takes for results
Old Dec 2, 2021, 6:23 pm

Programs: QF LTG
For those with recent experience, does the on-property clinic offer rapid antigen or rapid PCR/NAAT tests (same day results)? Or do they need 2-3 days to turn test results?

If you need a test administered within 1 day before your flight (new/upcoming US rules), does anybody have experience with coordinating an on-property test to permit inter-island travel within the Maldives and then getting a rapid antigen or rapid PCR test back on Malé?
If you are coming from the US why not just buy Abbott eMed tests and do them yourself? Far cheaper than anything a Maldives resort would ever offer.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 11:52 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Pcr Test results will take 1 day at the resort.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 7:13 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SW Companion

This is a little complicated lol.

Example:

If you are flying out on Friday, you will take the test in the middle of the day on Wednesday (this is done on the clinic by the resort...the day I was tested, there were 25 others also getting tested). You have a four hour window to stop in the clinic. You will get your result late Thursday night for your Friday flight. They have to fly the results to Male, hence the time lag. The cost is $125++.

With the new US rules, I think the best move would be to buy a BinexNow Antigen test that you can do over the Wifi. They are $50. This will work for getting back into the US and you could take it 30 minutes before you leave the resort in your room if you wanted.

The only thing to be careful of is that Ethiad (I believe they are the only one?) REQUIRES a PCR test to fly, so you would actually have to probably take both tests to fly them.

The might have been testing at the airport also, but I wouldn't rely on that because the seaplane timing is too volatile to guarantee you will have enough time.

Now...one other note that MIGHT be how they (you?) can get around it.... When we got our tests back, they were actually dated the morning AFTER we took it, so Thursday in my example above... I'm not sure if this was a common practice, but twice on our trip to the middle east did this happen....
MarkCron likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 9:43 am

Are Sunrise OWVs no longer bookable for the standard room point rate?
Old Dec 3, 2021, 9:58 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SW Companion
Originally Posted by abcx
Are Sunrise OWVs no longer bookable for the standard room point rate?
Nope, standard rate + $50 or 10k pts per nt.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 12:15 pm

They do not do rapid antigen tests - only PCR. Be careful and check your PCR test appointment. When I was there at least 2 families we talked to had issues where they showed up to their appointment to take the PCR test and there was no record of them having an appointment. The other family told me at least 2 names were spelled wrong on their PCR test results so check to make sure the clinic spelled your names correctly. It would be a nightmare to check in at the airport with a PCR test that had your name spelled wrong.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 1:29 pm

Programs: SPG Plat 100
Originally Posted by svellmann
I just posted the links with the QR codes on the tables here link you to. They're super flexible about it. At lunch you can order two courses, like a main and either a dessert or starter. At dinner one each but if you wanted a light dinner could probably also get two starters and a dessert instead.

Had dinner buffer at turquoise last night when was good and plentiful. Haven't had a chance to try a la carte there yet.
Thank you very much Svellmann! Menus are very useful and glad to hear that LM is flexible about meal plans. Do you happen to have the link to Turquoise menus as well?

We will probably do what you and others recommended. As we will stay for 11 nights, we will first try a'la carte, especially in the restaurants not covered by meal plans. We will also see how much we spend daily and then probably midway in the stay switch into HB. We don't drink much, so it would be though for us to get good value from FB. At St. Regis Maldives we struggled to finish our free bottle of champagne during the entire stay

It was also very interesting to hear your insights on the rooms. We are booked into Sunrise OWV, but was thinking about asking to get upgraded into beach villa with pool (we will be with kids), but now I will need to think about it.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 12:50 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Booked here for next June as I have five 50k certs, a 40k cert, and a 35k cert, all expiring at the end of June and I couldn't think of any better way to make use of them such that I can be sure the trip won't fall apart.

Not super concerned about how luxury it is as my first trip to Maldives was at the Waldorf Astoria and nothing else is going to compare to that anyway. Just hoping to relax and be mostly left alone, do some snorkel and a bit of diving. Even if it ends up raining a lot, I actually find that there's something nice about being in the ocean during the rain.

I see folks here discussing the value of the meal plans. As someone going by myself, who generally doesn't drink, I am assuming I'm probably not well-served by such a thing but if I'm wrong on this someone please let me know. I will probably end up eating at the Japanese restaurant most days for dinner.

Last edited by nexusCFX; Dec 4, 2021 at 12:56 am
Old Dec 4, 2021, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by Kayano
Thank you very much Svellmann! Menus are very useful and glad to hear that LM is flexible about meal plans. Do you happen to have the link to Turquoise menus as well?

We will probably do what you and others recommended. As we will stay for 11 nights, we will first try a'la carte, especially in the restaurants not covered by meal plans. We will also see how much we spend daily and then probably midway in the stay switch into HB. We don't drink much, so it would be though for us to get good value from FB. At St. Regis Maldives we struggled to finish our free bottle of champagne during the entire stay

It was also very interesting to hear your insights on the rooms. We are booked into Sunrise OWV, but was thinking about asking to get upgraded into beach villa with pool (we will be with kids), but now I will need to think about it.
To me, the beach villa with pool is 100% a downgrade from the OWV at this property even though the rates might lead you to believe otherwise. The OWV is also more spacious than the beach villa. Only concern with kids might be the possibility of them falling into the water but just watch them, I guess Lagoon villas are also nice. Layout 100% identical to OWV and the "relevant" (read: ocean-facing) part of the villa is actually above the water so they're quite the same.

Turquoise menu:

Kayano likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 4:11 am

Sunrise Overwater Villa Room Tour

Made a little walk-through room tour video of our Sunrise Overwater Villa:

Last edited by svellmann; Dec 4, 2021 at 4:12 am Reason: Formatting
Old Dec 4, 2021, 6:30 am

House Reef Snorkeling Impressions

Some impressions from snorkeling the house reef:

Could have put up hours of footage but don't want to bore anyone. There are really more species than I can name, many of which didn't make it into this video. Saw several giant reef lobsters, too, but couldn't get close enough with the camera for good footage. Such a joy to just go out there every afternoon and snorkel until sunset.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by svellmann
Some impressions from snorkeling the house reef:

YouTube Link

Could have put up hours of footage but don't want to bore anyone. There are really more species than I can name, many of which didn't make it into this video. Saw several giant reef lobsters, too, but couldn't get close enough with the camera for good footage. Such a joy to just go out there every afternoon and snorkel until sunset.
I like your taste in music
Old Dec 4, 2021, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by SkilleZ
Nope, standard rate + $50 or 10k pts per nt.
We have a reservation for May, and it was $150/night to upgrade from the basic room to overwater (sunset, no sunrise available) and to move up to all points was 220,000 points for the 5 nights vs 120,000 base rate. Husband is platinum, and we called and were given the same prices. We are doing 5 nights on points and one on a cert, and they would not let us upgrade the 35,000 cert to overwater. Am I missing something?!
Old Dec 7, 2021, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by CkScotland
We have a reservation for May, and it was $150/night to upgrade from the basic room to overwater (sunset, no sunrise available) and to move up to all points was 220,000 points for the 5 nights vs 120,000 base rate. Husband is platinum, and we called and were given the same prices. We are doing 5 nights on points and one on a cert, and they would not let us upgrade the 35,000 cert to overwater. Am I missing something?!
No.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.