Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jason8612
Hotel email:
[email protected]

Resort Shared Seaplane Transfer:
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees and to be paid upon check-out.
420 USD per adult (12 years and above)
210 USD per child (ages between 2 and 11.99 years)
Baggage
Complimentary for infants (below 2 years)
Standard baggage is 30 25kg including hand luggage. Excess weight will be charged at 5.60 USD per kg (per round trip).
Max dimensions are 158 cm and 32 kg. Infants do not have baggage allowance.
Hours
Operate between 06:00 to 16:00.
For check-in, last international flight must arrive at or before 15:30.
For check-out, first international flight must depart at or after 09:00.
Complete Details can be found here.

COVID Related Topics
Testing
Testing available at 120++ USD pp and reservations should be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
Quarantine/Isolation Policy
What happens if I test positive for COVID? Current policy can be found here.
Contact Tracing
Where can I find the list of properties under contract tracing? Here.
What happens if a resort is listed under contract tracing?
Guests must travel directly between MLE airport and the property post arrival and pre departure via international flight ONLY.
Inter-island transfers will be ceased and guests will not be able to arrive from, depart to, another island in the Maldives.

Water Sports & Diving Menu

Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Menu

F&B Menu

Latitude Menu
Riviera Menu
Tabemasu Menu
Turquoise Menu
Velaa Lunch Menu
Velaa Dinner Menu
Waves Menu
Wine Master List
Mini Bar Menu

Meal Plans
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees
Bed and Breakfast per night

30 USD per adult (12 years and above)
15 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Half Board per night
95 USD per adult (12 years and above)
47.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Complimentary for infants (below 3 years)
Full Board Plus per night
155 USD per adult (12 years and above)
77.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
All-Inclusive per night
230 USD per adult (12 years and above)
115 USD per child (ages 3 and 11.99 years)
Details can be found here.

F&B Bonvoy Discounts
General Members & Silver Elite 10%
Gold Elite 15%
Platinum, Titanium, & Ambassador Elite 20%
Full Details can be found here.

Resort Map
Can be found here.
Room total can be found here.
Beach Bungalow and Beach Villa are categorized by location. See the resort map for more information.

Paid/confirmed upgrades
Rates per night as of 08-May-2021
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV 50++ USD
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool 250++ USD
Terms
Must be for entire duration of reservation
Requires non-refundable payment at time of confirming
Availability and rates subject to change
Can you apply SNAs at this property? No.

Late Checkout Policy (subject to availability)
General Members: None
Silver Elite: "Priority"
Gold Elite: 2pm
Platinum & Titanium Elite: 4pm
Ambassador Elite: 4pm or "Your24"

Welcome Gift
General Members & Silver Elite: None
Gold Elite: 500 points per stay
Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador Elite: Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

Drone Restrictions
"We strictly prohibit the operation of any type of UAV or drones for any purpose within and above the premises of the resort as our guests' privacy is of our utmost concern. This prohibition extends to devices launched from the resort or from outside the boundaries of the resort. If you wish to take photographs or videos, you may do so at the common areas of our resort."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2021, 6:03 am

Why is the PCR test $150 here when it is $70 at the Waldorf Astoria?! Seems crazy that the LM is more expensive than the WA.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by abcx
Why is the PCR test $150 here when it is $70 at the Waldorf Astoria?! Seems crazy that the LM is more expensive than the WA.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by chui888
It's 1 PNR for the return flights. Singapore Air rep on the phone also said it's one day before boarding from MLE. Since our flight from MLE is at night, we should have plenty of time to do the eMed test in the morning at the resort, I will double confirm it when we arrive at SIN with Singapore Air as we don't want any surprises when we return.
Unless I am reading this wrong, if you are transiting through Singapore, they do not accept self swabs. From Singapore Air's website:"Travel history to Category II or III countries/regions: Take a PCR test or professionally-administered ART. Self-swabs are not allowed"
I would love to be wrong! The proctored test would save a bunch of money and be far more flexible.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 4:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by CkScotland
Unless I am reading this wrong, if you are transiting through Singapore, they do not accept self swabs. From Singapore Air's website:"Travel history to Category II or III countries/regions: Take a PCR test or professionally-administered ART. Self-swabs are not allowed"
I would love to be wrong! The proctored test would save a bunch of money and be far more flexible.
Oh yes! I recall reading about SIN's stricter rules. So OP should take the PCR test from the resort the morning prior to their flight and should have results back in 24 hours which will be the morning of their flight. That test should also cover entry into USA since it will be 1 calendar day prior the first departure.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
the wifi was pretty good at the resort and we had no issues doing the Abbott test over video chat. Maybe try and take during off-peak time (ie not after everyone is back from dinner) for best luck too.
Which airlines did you fly? Does Qatar accept Abbott tests for return back to the USA? TIa
Old Jan 3, 2022, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by chui888
Anyone recently flying back to the US can share their COVID testing experience? Since recently US requires 24 hr testing, I suppose the PCR test at the resort would not qualify as it exceeds the 24-hr window. We plan to use the Abbott ART test kit with eMed while waiting at MLE, but our concern is that what if the internet connection is too unstable to complete the test. Is there option for rapid antigen or PCR test at MEL airport? Otherwise is there option in Singapore airport since we have a long layover for the transit flight there?
how did it go? We’re you able to use thr Emed self kits?
Old Jan 4, 2022, 9:05 am

I wanted to confirm with you all on the start of meal plan. I thought I had read on the board that the meal plan starts with breakfast. Is that true?

I'm getting an email from reservation that the half board starts with dinner and ends with breakfast.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by friedablass
Oh yes! I recall reading about SIN's stricter rules. So OP should take the PCR test from the resort the morning prior to their flight and should have results back in 24 hours which will be the morning of their flight. That test should also cover entry into USA since it will be 1 calendar day prior the first departure.
Just browsing the Maldive threads and came across this. I did as much research that can possibly be done on this. At this time, SQ (because of Singapore's rules) does not accept self administered tests. There has been talk of the emed "certificate" looking like it was proctored by a professional, but why risk it. That being said, I just flew SQ MLE>SIN>NRT>LAX, and SQ didn't really read through the details, just looked for the negative results. So sure, in theory you could use the emed probably. But at the check in counter before your flight home is the last place I'd want to risk a hiccup.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 11:32 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, United Premier Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Has anyone tried the all-inclusive meal option? We will be there in 2 weeks and are wondering what is excluded on the food and drink menus? If something is excluded (such as the Seafood Platter at Velaa), is it possible to pay a surcharge for it? Are all of the specialty cocktails included? Is it possible to pay a surcharge for omakase at Tabemasu, or should we plan to do that on arrival day before we are on the plan? When should we make reservations for dinner?
Old Jan 6, 2022, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by stlmommy
how did it go? We’re you able to use thr Emed self kits?
We just came back from our Maldives vacation a few days ago so I will share our experience with COVID testing. We were on Singapore VTL flight so we need a test within 2 days of boarding to SIN. We did the tests within 2 calendar days but more than 48 hours and it was fine. On our return flight back to the US, the requirement is testing within one day from boarding at MLE. It's also one calendar day and not 24 hrs. We did the PCR test at the resort and we found that the test was good for both boarding to SIN and SFO. This means we actually don't need to do the eMed self test, but we did it anyway for a peace of mind because we don't want to take any risk. When we checked in we only used the resort PCR test result and we didn't encounter any problem.

We did our self test in the morning at the resort before we checked out. The wifi was fast enough and we did not encounter any connection issue. Though I strongly suggest you buy an extra test kit as backup. We bought only two BinaxNow test kits, and when I did my test I found out the test kit was defective, the tiny bottle of liquid contains no liquid so I couldn't complete the test. I quickly searched for rapid test inside MLE and I found one inside the airport. Contacted them to setup a time for antigen rapid test. Went to the airport, found the place, and there's few people in there. Cost was $75, time to get the result was 20 minutes. Even though the antigen self-test was not necessary in our case, we would still choose to do it just in case.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 12:40 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Originally Posted by ADKOP
Has anyone tried the all-inclusive meal option? We will be there in 2 weeks and are wondering what is excluded on the food and drink menus? If something is excluded (such as the Seafood Platter at Velaa), is it possible to pay a surcharge for it? Are all of the specialty cocktails included? Is it possible to pay a surcharge for omakase at Tabemasu, or should we plan to do that on arrival day before we are on the plan? When should we make reservations for dinner?
I did, and found that even though the beverage menus were different between a la carte and all-inclusive, I ordered just about any cocktail and it was included. Some bars, like Riveria, will put the printed all-inclusive menu in front of you. Just scan the bar codes placed in the restaurant and you will see the full menu.

For the food, I didn't order anything outside of the all-inclusive menu, since it was already pretty extensive (minus the seafood platter and Wagyu meats) so you would likely just ask them. If you are a good tipper, and friendly, I would guess they would allow you to pay a surcharge to upgrade that meal. When they have specialty dinners, like BBQs, they offer it for an small upcharge for those on the all-inclusive plan.

Make reservations as soon as you get there for all of your evenings if you can. You can always change it later. You might be able to email ahead of time for the first night's dinner, but you will be jet lagged a bit. The hotel, if close to high occupancy, will have most of their good times booked up about a day or two out, especially around sunsets.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 4:04 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, United Premier Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by JC5280
I did, and found that even though the beverage menus were different between a la carte and all-inclusive, I ordered just about any cocktail and it was included. Some bars, like Riveria, will put the printed all-inclusive menu in front of you. Just scan the bar codes placed in the restaurant and you will see the full menu.

For the food, I didn't order anything outside of the all-inclusive menu, since it was already pretty extensive (minus the seafood platter and Wagyu meats) so you would likely just ask them. If you are a good tipper, and friendly, I would guess they would allow you to pay a surcharge to upgrade that meal. When they have specialty dinners, like BBQs, they offer it for an small upcharge for those on the all-inclusive plan.

Make reservations as soon as you get there for all of your evenings if you can. You can always change it later. You might be able to email ahead of time for the first night's dinner, but you will be jet lagged a bit. The hotel, if close to high occupancy, will have most of their good times booked up about a day or two out, especially around sunsets.
Thank you JC5280! I wish there was a way to see the all-inclusive menus. Do they show them to you at check-in when you sign up for a meal plan?
Old Jan 7, 2022, 4:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Thank you JC5280! I wish there was a way to see the all-inclusive menus. Do they show them to you at check-in when you sign up for a meal plan?
You can, through the QR code links. I could have sworn someone already posted these because I remember looking at them, but maybe they deleted that post. When you scan the QR code, you can see the various options. Anyone there currently that can help ADKOP?
Old Jan 7, 2022, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by JC5280
You can, through the QR code links. I could have sworn someone already posted these because I remember looking at them, but maybe they deleted that post. When you scan the QR code, you can see the various options. Anyone there currently that can help ADKOP?
Unless they've changed, they're in the wiki to this thread.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Unless they've changed, they're in the wiki to this thread.
Yeah, I looked at those. Those are remnants of printed ones, and the look out of date. The QR code links were different.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.