Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jason8612
Hotel email:
[email protected]

Resort Shared Seaplane Transfer:
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees and to be paid upon check-out.
420 USD per adult (12 years and above)
210 USD per child (ages between 2 and 11.99 years)
Baggage
Complimentary for infants (below 2 years)
Standard baggage is 30 25kg including hand luggage. Excess weight will be charged at 5.60 USD per kg (per round trip).
Max dimensions are 158 cm and 32 kg. Infants do not have baggage allowance.
Hours
Operate between 06:00 to 16:00.
For check-in, last international flight must arrive at or before 15:30.
For check-out, first international flight must depart at or after 09:00.
Complete Details can be found here.

COVID Related Topics
Testing
Testing available at 120++ USD pp and reservations should be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
Quarantine/Isolation Policy
What happens if I test positive for COVID? Current policy can be found here.
Contact Tracing
Where can I find the list of properties under contract tracing? Here.
What happens if a resort is listed under contract tracing?
Guests must travel directly between MLE airport and the property post arrival and pre departure via international flight ONLY.
Inter-island transfers will be ceased and guests will not be able to arrive from, depart to, another island in the Maldives.

Water Sports & Diving Menu

Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Menu

F&B Menu

Latitude Menu
Riviera Menu
Tabemasu Menu
Turquoise Menu
Velaa Lunch Menu
Velaa Dinner Menu
Waves Menu
Wine Master List
Mini Bar Menu

Meal Plans
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees
Bed and Breakfast per night

30 USD per adult (12 years and above)
15 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Half Board per night
95 USD per adult (12 years and above)
47.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Complimentary for infants (below 3 years)
Full Board Plus per night
155 USD per adult (12 years and above)
77.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
All-Inclusive per night
230 USD per adult (12 years and above)
115 USD per child (ages 3 and 11.99 years)
Details can be found here.

F&B Bonvoy Discounts
General Members & Silver Elite 10%
Gold Elite 15%
Platinum, Titanium, & Ambassador Elite 20%
Full Details can be found here.

Resort Map
Can be found here.
Room total can be found here.
Beach Bungalow and Beach Villa are categorized by location. See the resort map for more information.

Paid/confirmed upgrades
Rates per night as of 08-May-2021
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV 50++ USD
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool 250++ USD
Terms
Must be for entire duration of reservation
Requires non-refundable payment at time of confirming
Availability and rates subject to change
Can you apply SNAs at this property? No.

Late Checkout Policy (subject to availability)
General Members: None
Silver Elite: "Priority"
Gold Elite: 2pm
Platinum & Titanium Elite: 4pm
Ambassador Elite: 4pm or "Your24"

Welcome Gift
General Members & Silver Elite: None
Gold Elite: 500 points per stay
Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador Elite: Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

Drone Restrictions
"We strictly prohibit the operation of any type of UAV or drones for any purpose within and above the premises of the resort as our guests' privacy is of our utmost concern. This prohibition extends to devices launched from the resort or from outside the boundaries of the resort. If you wish to take photographs or videos, you may do so at the common areas of our resort."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2022, 9:07 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
What are the charges for laundry, such as polo shirts and underwear?
Old Dec 5, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
I’m torn, the sunrise overwater villa at the Meridien and the beach villa at the Westin command about the same cost in terms of points and cash.

Which one would you go for? I’m not impressed that Meridien is trying to add $75 child fee per night even when the child uses existing bedding. Westin does not have such a fee.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 6:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
I’m torn, the sunrise overwater villa at the Meridien and the beach villa at the Westin command about the same cost in terms of points and cash.

Which one would you go for? I’m not impressed that Meridien is trying to add $75 child fee per night even when the child uses existing bedding. Westin does not have such a fee.
I've done both with a kid and loved both. I dont think you can go wrong, but if I were going back and had to choose one, I'd do LM. Details upthread after our trip in March of this year. The $75 fee is annoying though.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 1:39 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum, MVC
We are in the new wing, sunset side. Although the current is strong, the sea life is abundant! Small pockets of Coral, sea grass and all the fish you can handle. Dozens of different kinds from small to large, multiple rays and even had about a 5 to 6 foot reef shark swim by. As this is my first time snorkeling, not even sure I need to head out to the house reef...we will see!
Old Dec 7, 2022, 9:38 am

I'm curious if anyone can comment on recent upgrade offers at check in for elites now that the rest of the OWVs are opened? Before it seemed that the only upgrades to pool villas were given with a reduced cash upgrade charge. Has anyone received a complimentary upgrade to a pool villa now? Thank you!
Old Dec 7, 2022, 9:59 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum, MVC
Originally Posted by Redgte
I'm curious if anyone can comment on recent upgrade offers at check in for elites now that the rest of the OWVs are opened? Before it seemed that the only upgrades to pool villas were given with a reduced cash upgrade charge. Has anyone received a complimentary upgrade to a pool villa now? Thank you!
We were given the standard Sunrise to Sunset upgrade and also offered the OW pool villas upgrade for 'the best cash price'. They didn't say what that price was but we declined upfront. Requesting the new wing might be a good idea as it is way closer to the main restaurants.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by higgybulin
We were given the standard Sunrise to Sunset upgrade and also offered the OW pool villas upgrade for 'the best cash price'. They didn't say what that price was but we declined upfront. Requesting the new wing might be a good idea as it is way closer to the main restaurants.
Thank you for the input! I'm betting that will probably hold true that complimentary upgrades will only be to villas without pools. I'm willing to pay a small up-charge but my husband thinks it's pointless as all you have to do is go down a ladder to hop in the ocean so anything over $0 is too much for him...we'll see who wins I've gone back and forth location wise but thinking we may just leave that up to chance since each jetty seems to have positives so it is a draw for us.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by tbuff
What type of eletrical sockets in the rooms?
My room on the south pier had the multi sockets that accept most international plug types.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 7:54 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
We are checking (2 Titaniums with separate bookings) late this coming this week and I see our points booking was changed from the base (Beach Bungalow) to a "Lagoon Villa".
Opinions on this? Good change? I see the square footage is a bit bigger (1084sqf vs 830). Not many pix and when you do a dummy booking and select Lagoon Villa, the pix seem to be overwater villa pix (?)
I see most discussion about overwater. We really don't care too much and aren't expecting miracles given it's around Xmas and it's a points booking! Any feedback is appreciated.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 1:54 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100
Originally Posted by kyushuman
We are checking (2 Titaniums with separate bookings) late this coming this week and I see our points booking was changed from the base (Beach Bungalow) to a "Lagoon Villa".
Opinions on this? Good change? I see the square footage is a bit bigger (1084sqf vs 830). Not many pix and when you do a dummy booking and select Lagoon Villa, the pix seem to be overwater villa pix (?)
I see most discussion about overwater. We really don't care too much and aren't expecting miracles given it's around Xmas and it's a points booking! Any feedback is appreciated.
Early in the thread there were comments from people being upgraded to Lagoon Villas. From what I remember everyone was happy. This is same layout of the villa as OVW, but it is located on the shore (front of the villa is partially over water). Those are the villas that are next to the 'new' south pier. Close to breakfast restaurant and super close to where sunrise yoga takes place.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 7:29 pm

Sort of like a slightly bigger overwater villa in a smaller cluster of rooms (perhaps a bit more privacy). One potential downside is if the tide isn't up, the ladder is basically out of the water so you don't get the full "overwater experience".
If given the option, I'd personally go with the overwater villa, either sunrise or sunset, the size was plenty big enough for us.
kyushuman likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 11:41 pm

I just spent a few days at LM on the sunrise side and villa 239 was great. Nice view with no ugly civilization in sight. Well sheltered from the wind. No sun on the patio from 11:00 am. Water is shallow, about 2 feet deep at low tide. Sand bottom all around, no corals so no need to swim with water shoes.
It is a 15 minutes walk to the main restaurant (Turquoise) though.

kyushuman and CDKing like this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Leaving today! Arrive the 15th. A couple last minute questions--
1) I understand the hotel offers snorkel equipment. I have my own-- not fancy but new and works well. I won't bring it if the hotel has decent ones. Do I need to pay or bring back and forth to a dive office every day?
2) Mosquito repellent?
Thanks!
Old Dec 13, 2022, 11:25 am

Leaving today! Arrive the 15th. A couple last minute questions--
1) I understand the hotel offers snorkel equipment. I have my own-- not fancy but new and works well. I won't bring it if the hotel has decent ones. Do I need to pay or bring back and forth to a dive office every day?
2) Mosquito repellent?
Thanks!
The snorkel equipment is yours for the duration of your stay and we thought the quality was just fine for exploring around. You pick it up and return it to the dive shop, no added cost. Heads up, the dive shop closes at 6pm. We had a very early seaplane departure and it was a bit of a cluster trying to get our snorkel equipment returned after they closed the night before.
Late Nov / early Dec we didn't need any bug spray.
kyushuman likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by TheDrPhil
The snorkel equipment is yours for the duration of your stay and we thought the quality was just fine for exploring around. You pick it up and return it to the dive shop, no added cost. Heads up, the dive shop closes at 6pm. We had a very early seaplane departure and it was a bit of a cluster trying to get our snorkel equipment returned after they closed the night before.
Late Nov / early Dec we didn't need any bug spray.
Thanks for that! Do you need to return it every day? Or just on the night before your departure?
A new question--- for those that only did the Breakfast/ Dinner half board option-- how late does breakfast go? Were you hungry by dinner? Two buffets per day seems like enough food, but the added bonus of some alcohol would be nice. Thanks again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.