Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jason8612
Hotel email:
[email protected]

Resort Shared Seaplane Transfer:
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees and to be paid upon check-out.
420 USD per adult (12 years and above)
210 USD per child (ages between 2 and 11.99 years)
Baggage
Complimentary for infants (below 2 years)
Standard baggage is 30 25kg including hand luggage. Excess weight will be charged at 5.60 USD per kg (per round trip).
Max dimensions are 158 cm and 32 kg. Infants do not have baggage allowance.
Hours
Operate between 06:00 to 16:00.
For check-in, last international flight must arrive at or before 15:30.
For check-out, first international flight must depart at or after 09:00.
Complete Details can be found here.

COVID Related Topics
Testing
Testing available at 120++ USD pp and reservations should be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
Quarantine/Isolation Policy
What happens if I test positive for COVID? Current policy can be found here.
Contact Tracing
Where can I find the list of properties under contract tracing? Here.
What happens if a resort is listed under contract tracing?
Guests must travel directly between MLE airport and the property post arrival and pre departure via international flight ONLY.
Inter-island transfers will be ceased and guests will not be able to arrive from, depart to, another island in the Maldives.

Water Sports & Diving Menu

Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Menu

F&B Menu

Latitude Menu
Riviera Menu
Tabemasu Menu
Turquoise Menu
Velaa Lunch Menu
Velaa Dinner Menu
Waves Menu
Wine Master List
Mini Bar Menu

Meal Plans
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees
Bed and Breakfast per night

30 USD per adult (12 years and above)
15 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Half Board per night
95 USD per adult (12 years and above)
47.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Complimentary for infants (below 3 years)
Full Board Plus per night
155 USD per adult (12 years and above)
77.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
All-Inclusive per night
230 USD per adult (12 years and above)
115 USD per child (ages 3 and 11.99 years)
Details can be found here.

F&B Bonvoy Discounts
General Members & Silver Elite 10%
Gold Elite 15%
Platinum, Titanium, & Ambassador Elite 20%
Full Details can be found here.

Resort Map
Can be found here.
Room total can be found here.
Beach Bungalow and Beach Villa are categorized by location. See the resort map for more information.

Paid/confirmed upgrades
Rates per night as of 08-May-2021
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV 50++ USD
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool 250++ USD
Terms
Must be for entire duration of reservation
Requires non-refundable payment at time of confirming
Availability and rates subject to change
Can you apply SNAs at this property? No.

Late Checkout Policy (subject to availability)
General Members: None
Silver Elite: "Priority"
Gold Elite: 2pm
Platinum & Titanium Elite: 4pm
Ambassador Elite: 4pm or "Your24"

Welcome Gift
General Members & Silver Elite: None
Gold Elite: 500 points per stay
Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador Elite: Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

Drone Restrictions
"We strictly prohibit the operation of any type of UAV or drones for any purpose within and above the premises of the resort as our guests' privacy is of our utmost concern. This prohibition extends to devices launched from the resort or from outside the boundaries of the resort. If you wish to take photographs or videos, you may do so at the common areas of our resort."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2022, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by martzipan
It seems that roaming is not a thing in the Maldives. My phone usually works everywhere just fine (Verizon) and I have used roaming in a lot of places (from close by and typical, like Canada and Mexico, to far away and questionable, like UAE and Ukraine). In Maldives it pretended to connect to a cellular network but never actually succeeded in loading anything. It's not a big deal. There is wifi at the resort, and even if you do venture out to the real world in Male while waiting for a flight, it's so small, just make sure to download the maps in advance and you will survive just fine.

Show of hands: how many people took the time to check out the town outside of the airport? The boat ride is not bad, and the city is so satisfyingly hectic after the super chill resort.
thanks so much for the information!
Old Dec 19, 2022, 8:11 pm

Show of hands: how many people took the time to check out the town outside of the airport? The boat ride is not bad, and the city is so satisfyingly hectic after the super chill resort.
We didn't explore the city, but in hindsight just crashing at an airport hotel on the first day of the trip made sense. I don't know what the logistics of getting to an airport hotel or what the options are... Thinking just getting some sleep and taking the seaplane out to the resort first thing in the morning on the second day could be the way to go next time.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 8:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
As of today, combined Le Meridien / Westin lounge is open at the seaplane terminal. I believe we missed to be the first ever guests in the lounge by a minute and had to settle for number two and three
Old Dec 19, 2022, 10:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
It seems that roaming is not a thing in the Maldives. My phone usually works everywhere just fine (Verizon) and I have used roaming in a lot of places (from close by and typical, like Canada and Mexico, to far away and questionable, like UAE and Ukraine). In Maldives it pretended to connect to a cellular network but never actually succeeded in loading anything. It's not a big deal. There is wifi at the resort, and even if you do venture out to the real world in Male while waiting for a flight, it's so small, just make sure to download the maps in advance and you will survive just fine.
I also have Verizon and roaming was most certainly a thing for us when we were in the Maldives. I also thought roaming wasn't a thing and wasn't careful to use only WiFi and came home to a whopper of a bill, this being only part of it:

Unless things have changed, those who have Verizon should not be lulled into thinking they can freely use Travel Pass for $10 a day. Yes, that worked for us in the UK and UAE (as well as Switzerland, Italy, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Israel, among others), but has thus far not worked in the Maldives. For us, roaming did apply even when Travel Pass was activated and the countries immediately prior to and after did not incur any roaming.
andrew148 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass
I also have Verizon and roaming was most certainly a thing for us when we were in the Maldives. I also thought roaming wasn't a thing and wasn't careful to use only WiFi and came home to a whopper of a bill, this being only part of it:

Unless things have changed, those who have Verizon should not be lulled into thinking they can freely use Travel Pass for $10 a day. Yes, that worked for us in the UK and UAE (as well as Switzerland, Italy, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Israel, among others), but has thus far not worked in the Maldives. For us, roaming did apply even when Travel Pass was activated and the countries immediately prior to and after did not incur any roaming.
The bill looks to be $$$$. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 12:13 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Maldives isn't on the travelpass country list. It works in the countries on that list otherwise it's PPU roaming rates.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 2:39 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
As of today, combined Le Meridien / Westin lounge is open at the seaplane terminal. I believe we missed to be the first ever guests in the lounge by a minute and had to settle for number two and three
How did you like this new Lounge? Good that they opened it quite promptly, as the new St. Regis Lounge seems to be delayed
Old Dec 20, 2022, 8:26 am

I also have Verizon and roaming was most certainly a thing for us when we were in the Maldives.

I'm so glad you posted this because I certainly would have just assumed I was on my Travel Pass. Easy to fall into the trap of it always working and forgetting every country doesn't participate. Looks like I won't go off airplane mode once we land!
Old Dec 20, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Maldives isn't on the travelpass country list. It works in the countries on that list otherwise it's PPU roaming rates.
I know, I was just responding to a post that states that roaming isn't a thing in the Maldives, specifically with their Verizon service, and wanted to let people know that it's not true and to be careful because roaming will certainly apply.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Redgte
I'm so glad you posted this because I certainly would have just assumed I was on my Travel Pass. Easy to fall into the trap of it always working and forgetting every country doesn't participate. Looks like I won't go off airplane mode once we land!

Yes, turn on flight mode and wifi on would be the way to go. iMessage/Facetime or Whatsapp will work on WiFi. I suppose even the wifi calling option on your cellular after you turn off roaming on the device (this is a maybe).
Redgte likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 12:03 am

I know, I was just responding to a post that states that roaming isn't a thing in the Maldives, specifically with their Verizon service, and wanted to let people know that it's not true and to be careful because roaming will certainly apply.
Thank you for sharing that. I am on a ridiculously low cost corporate plan, and generally international roaming for me is super cheap, but in the Maldives it just didn’t work at all. Maybe they just blocked it on the plan level? Go figure!
Old Dec 21, 2022, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I just received email notice of tax increase.

Dear Valued Guest,

Sunny greetings from Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa.

Hope you are doing well and preparing for your upcoming trip to Maldives. Following the government’s recent announcement on raising the Tourism Goods & Services Tax from 12% to 16% effective from 1 January 2023, we have reviewed this in depth and would like to share this update with you regarding your upcoming stay to our beautiful resort.

With this change the total tax amount will increase from existing 23.2% (10% service charge, 12% GST) tax to 27.6% (10% service charge, 16% GST).

We understand that the impact of the tax increase would be challenging hence to ensure the smooth experience we would appreciate your support.

To implement this we request your support to settle all outstanding payments before 31 December 2022. The revised tax of 16% along with 10% service charge (total 27.6%) will be applicable for any payments received after the 31 December 2022 (for stays from 01 January 2023).

For the easy understanding of the tax increase and its impact, we are happy to share the following information.

ˇ For all the guests scheduled to arrival from 01st January 2023, if all the outstanding amount is settled before 31st December then existing tax will be calculated.

ˇ For all the guests scheduled to arrival from 01st January 2023, if the payment is received after 31st December 2022 then new tax will apply for all services booked which are subject to applicable taxes.

ˇ Guests who have already paid the seaplane transfer charges, and wish to settle the room charge or room upgrade charges after 31st December 2022 then new tax will be applied

ˇ Guests who have done the partial payment and willing to settle rest of the charge after 01st January, then new tax will be calculated on balance amount.

ˇ Seaplane charges will be same as confirmed at the time of booking and there will not be any impact of tax increase on it.

Please feel free to reach out to us for any assistance that you may require and we thank you for your support and understanding on this.

We look forward to hear back for your acknowledgment on this, should you wish to settle all the applicable charges by 31st December, 2022 along with any other services which might also get impacted due to government tax increase please let us know as soon as possible and we will share the following payment options for you to settle the payment .

Payment option:

1. Secured payment link

2. Credit card authorization form

3. Bank transfer

Please ignore this email if all the charges are already paid in advance.

We thank you once again for choosing our beautiful paradise island and we look forward to welcoming you to our paradise island.

Kind regards,
Old Dec 21, 2022, 8:49 am

I just received the increase email as well. I've emailed to ask if this will impact the meal plan pricing as I believe tax is lumped in with the cost of those.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 3:57 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
I received the same tax email, as I booked on points not sure what the implications are but would want to put as many costs this year before going in February and paying more. As an Ambassador member I would get breakfast for free but not sure where else I can make savings now.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Redgte
I just received the increase email as well. I've emailed to ask if this will impact the meal plan pricing as I believe tax is lumped in with the cost of those.
I asked the same and haven't heard back yet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.