Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jason8612
Hotel email:
[email protected]

Resort Shared Seaplane Transfer:
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees and to be paid upon check-out.
420 USD per adult (12 years and above)
210 USD per child (ages between 2 and 11.99 years)
Baggage
Complimentary for infants (below 2 years)
Standard baggage is 30 25kg including hand luggage. Excess weight will be charged at 5.60 USD per kg (per round trip).
Max dimensions are 158 cm and 32 kg. Infants do not have baggage allowance.
Hours
Operate between 06:00 to 16:00.
For check-in, last international flight must arrive at or before 15:30.
For check-out, first international flight must depart at or after 09:00.
Complete Details can be found here.

COVID Related Topics
Testing
Testing available at 120++ USD pp and reservations should be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
Quarantine/Isolation Policy
What happens if I test positive for COVID? Current policy can be found here.
Contact Tracing
Where can I find the list of properties under contract tracing? Here.
What happens if a resort is listed under contract tracing?
Guests must travel directly between MLE airport and the property post arrival and pre departure via international flight ONLY.
Inter-island transfers will be ceased and guests will not be able to arrive from, depart to, another island in the Maldives.

Water Sports & Diving Menu

Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Menu

F&B Menu

Latitude Menu
Riviera Menu
Tabemasu Menu
Turquoise Menu
Velaa Lunch Menu
Velaa Dinner Menu
Waves Menu
Wine Master List
Mini Bar Menu

Meal Plans
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees
Bed and Breakfast per night

30 USD per adult (12 years and above)
15 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Half Board per night
95 USD per adult (12 years and above)
47.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Complimentary for infants (below 3 years)
Full Board Plus per night
155 USD per adult (12 years and above)
77.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
All-Inclusive per night
230 USD per adult (12 years and above)
115 USD per child (ages 3 and 11.99 years)
Details can be found here.

F&B Bonvoy Discounts
General Members & Silver Elite 10%
Gold Elite 15%
Platinum, Titanium, & Ambassador Elite 20%
Full Details can be found here.

Resort Map
Can be found here.
Room total can be found here.
Beach Bungalow and Beach Villa are categorized by location. See the resort map for more information.

Paid/confirmed upgrades
Rates per night as of 08-May-2021
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV 50++ USD
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool 250++ USD
Terms
Must be for entire duration of reservation
Requires non-refundable payment at time of confirming
Availability and rates subject to change
Can you apply SNAs at this property? No.

Late Checkout Policy (subject to availability)
General Members: None
Silver Elite: "Priority"
Gold Elite: 2pm
Platinum & Titanium Elite: 4pm
Ambassador Elite: 4pm or "Your24"

Welcome Gift
General Members & Silver Elite: None
Gold Elite: 500 points per stay
Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador Elite: Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

Drone Restrictions
"We strictly prohibit the operation of any type of UAV or drones for any purpose within and above the premises of the resort as our guests' privacy is of our utmost concern. This prohibition extends to devices launched from the resort or from outside the boundaries of the resort. If you wish to take photographs or videos, you may do so at the common areas of our resort."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2022, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by kyushuman
Thanks for that! Do you need to return it every day?
Just the night before your departure.

A new question--- for those that only did the Breakfast/ Dinner half board option-- how late does breakfast go? Were you hungry by dinner? Two buffets per day seems like enough food, but the added bonus of some alcohol would be nice. Thanks again.

Breakfast ran until 11. You could certainly get by with just breakfast/dinner, but we decided to go with the all inclusive package in part for the included alcohol. 4 drinks/person/day easily will run you $160/day.
kyushuman likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by TheDrPhil
Just the night before your departure.

Breakfast ran until 11. You could certainly get by with just breakfast/dinner, but we decided to go with the all inclusive package in part for the included alcohol. 4 drinks/person/day easily will run you $160/day.
leaving in a week - booked for a sunrise villa. So if I want to see more sea life, north pier would be a good choice? Thinking if I can indicate my wish list in advance.

For the kid’s additional $75 per night charge, I know I have to pay that but just wondering why this resort charges for that? None of the Marriott resorts in Maldives charge for 1 kid under 10…. What is their rationale?
Old Dec 15, 2022, 6:03 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by andrew148
leaving in a week - booked for a sunrise villa. So if I want to see more sea life, north pier would be a good choice? Thinking if I can indicate my wish list in advance.

For the kid’s additional $75 per night charge, I know I have to pay that but just wondering why this resort charges for that? None of the Marriott resorts in Maldives charge for 1 kid under 10…. What is their rationale?
The given rationale is their 1000sq ft OWV can only accommodate two pax, even though the confirmed booking clearly shows 2 adult and 1 child.

I am not happy but given its points booking, $75 for five nights including breakfast isn’t that bad.
andrew148 likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by andrew148
I'd summarize it like this: The new south (east) wing has more sea life right outside the villas. We saw plenty of small/mid size fish, eagle and sting rays right off our ladder - high tide is best. The morning feeding frenzies were really cool. The north wing is closer to the house reef which gives you the opportunity to see the bigger stuff like sharks, turtles etc. but requires a little bit of a swim to get out there. If we go back, (well really when we go back if Ms. DrPhil has any say) I'd want to stay in the overwater villas on the south wing again.

I don't know how much luck you will have requesting a location, the GM said that they were expecting to be very busy starting mid December, but it's worth a shot.
andrew148 likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Arrived yesterday. We have 2 villas, we are both Titanium. We were assigned the (relatively rare, only 7 of these) "Lagoon Villas" that seem to have less sea life, but are good since we have an older person with us, and they are the closest villas with water access to the main front desk/ Turquoise/Velaa areas. The price on these is slightly higher or equal to OWV that I saw online, so it's a good upgrade for a points booking! Was told by a staff member that they are around 65% occupancy this week but expect that to rise soon as the holiday approaches.
Really fantastic place. I will update more as we continue our stay.
TheDrPhil likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 8:45 pm

Arrived yesterday. We have 2 villas, we are both Titanium. We were assigned the (relatively rare, only 7 of these) "Lagoon Villas" that seem to have less sea life, but are good since we have an older person with us, and they are the closest villas with water access to the main front desk/ Turquoise/Velaa areas. The price on these is slightly higher or equal to OWV that I saw online, so it's a good upgrade for a points booking! Was told by a staff member that they are around 65% occupancy this week but expect that to rise soon as the holiday approaches.
Really fantastic place. I will update more as we continue our stay.
Say Hi to Devjeet, the Indian food chef, if you like Indian food. He can also cook up a lot of tasty food that are not on the menu.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 2:29 pm

Thanks

Last edited by andrew148; Dec 16, 2022 at 6:14 pm
Old Dec 17, 2022, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Redgte
I'm curious if anyone can comment on recent upgrade offers at check in for elites now that the rest of the OWVs are opened? Before it seemed that the only upgrades to pool villas were given with a reduced cash upgrade charge. Has anyone received a complimentary upgrade to a pool villa now? Thank you!
We just left last week. Reservation was under my wife who is Titanium, I'm platinum. Booking was on points. We were offered a Sunset villa as the upgrade. We took it. After the first night asked to go with the originally booked sunrise villa for the shade and closer proximity to the reef.
margarita girl and Redgte like this.

Last edited by act0fgod; Dec 17, 2022 at 10:29 am
Old Dec 17, 2022, 12:09 pm

Hi! I read that there is a photographer on-site. Do I need to prebook a session? I read that I can have the first picture free and pay for extra? Many thanks.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 2:54 pm

Booking on web portal vs by email

Hello, glad to have found this portal. I'm looking forward to booking the OWV Sunrise villa for a quick 3 nights. Curious, if there's any difference in booking it on the bonvoy portal vs booking it by directly emailing the resort (Maybe there's higher chances of upgrades). Currently getting 3 nights for 164k points plus 1100 for the seaplane. I also don't see an option for booking the food plans with points online. Maybe this is something that can be fine by directly contacting the hotel? How did you guys book it?

Last edited by googly3; Dec 17, 2022 at 5:07 pm
Old Dec 17, 2022, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by googly3
Hello, glad to have going this portal. I'm looking forward to booking the OWV Sunrise bills for a quick 3 nights. Curious, if there's any difference in booking it on the bonvoy portal vs booking it by directly emailing the resort (Maybe there's higher chances of upgrades). Currently getting 3 nights for 164k points plus 1100 for the seaplane. I also don't see an option for booking the food plans with points online. Maybe this is something that can be fine by directly contacting the hotel? How did you guys book it?
Welcome to FT!

AFAIK, it is not possible to make a points reservation directly with the hotel. A hotel will not even modify an existing points reservation. They will tell you to contact Marriott for any changes.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Welcome to FT!

AFAIK, it is not possible to make a points reservation directly with the hotel. A hotel will not even modify an existing points reservation. They will tell you to contact Marriott for any changes.
I see, thanks for replying. Is everyone getting charged upfront for the seaplane? I read some posts above where it was mentioned that people booked it 3-4 days before the start of the vacation period.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by googly3
I see, thanks for replying. Is everyone getting charged upfront for the seaplane? I read some posts above where it was mentioned that people booked it 3-4 days before the start of the vacation period.
I made my reservation about 8 months before I went (2 mths ago) and I was not asked to prepay for the seaplane. Not sure why, but I was planning to push back if they had since I wanted to pay with gift cards (which I did at check out).
Old Dec 17, 2022, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
I made my reservation about 8 months before I went (2 mths ago) and I was not asked to prepay for the seaplane. Not sure why, but I was planning to push back if they had since I wanted to pay with gift cards (which I did at check out).
I was told that they have changed the policy and now required payment a month out at least, especially during high season.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 7:32 pm

Is there a SIM card to buy at airport? How does everyone manage roaming?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.