FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]
Old Dec 15, 2022, 6:16 am
TheDrPhil

Originally Posted by andrew148
leaving in a week - booked for a sunrise villa. So if I want to see more sea life, north pier would be a good choice? Thinking if I can indicate my wish list in advance.
I'd summarize it like this: The new south (east) wing has more sea life right outside the villas. We saw plenty of small/mid size fish, eagle and sting rays right off our ladder - high tide is best. The morning feeding frenzies were really cool. The north wing is closer to the house reef which gives you the opportunity to see the bigger stuff like sharks, turtles etc. but requires a little bit of a swim to get out there. If we go back, (well really when we go back if Ms. DrPhil has any say) I'd want to stay in the overwater villas on the south wing again.

I don't know how much luck you will have requesting a location, the GM said that they were expecting to be very busy starting mid December, but it's worth a shot.