Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 7, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jason8612
Hotel email:
[email protected]

Resort Shared Seaplane Transfer:
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees and to be paid upon check-out.
420 USD per adult (12 years and above)
210 USD per child (ages between 2 and 11.99 years)
Baggage
Complimentary for infants (below 2 years)
Standard baggage is 30 25kg including hand luggage. Excess weight will be charged at 5.60 USD per kg (per round trip).
Max dimensions are 158 cm and 32 kg. Infants do not have baggage allowance.
Hours
Operate between 06:00 to 16:00.
For check-in, last international flight must arrive at or before 15:30.
For check-out, first international flight must depart at or after 09:00.
Complete Details can be found here.

COVID Related Topics
Testing
Testing available at 120++ USD pp and reservations should be made no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
Quarantine/Isolation Policy
What happens if I test positive for COVID? Current policy can be found here.
Contact Tracing
Where can I find the list of properties under contract tracing? Here.
What happens if a resort is listed under contract tracing?
Guests must travel directly between MLE airport and the property post arrival and pre departure via international flight ONLY.
Inter-island transfers will be ceased and guests will not be able to arrive from, depart to, another island in the Maldives.

Water Sports & Diving Menu

Spa, Beauty, & Fitness Menu

F&B Menu

Latitude Menu
Riviera Menu
Tabemasu Menu
Turquoise Menu
Velaa Lunch Menu
Velaa Dinner Menu
Waves Menu
Wine Master List
Mini Bar Menu

Meal Plans
Prices are inclusive of tax and fees
Bed and Breakfast per night

30 USD per adult (12 years and above)
15 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Half Board per night
95 USD per adult (12 years and above)
47.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
Complimentary for infants (below 3 years)
Full Board Plus per night
155 USD per adult (12 years and above)
77.50 USD per child (ages between 3 and 11.99 years)
All-Inclusive per night
230 USD per adult (12 years and above)
115 USD per child (ages 3 and 11.99 years)
Details can be found here.

F&B Bonvoy Discounts
General Members & Silver Elite 10%
Gold Elite 15%
Platinum, Titanium, & Ambassador Elite 20%
Full Details can be found here.

Resort Map
Can be found here.
Room total can be found here.
Beach Bungalow and Beach Villa are categorized by location. See the resort map for more information.

Paid/confirmed upgrades
Rates per night as of 08-May-2021
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV 50++ USD
From Sunrise OWV to Sunset OWV w/ pool 250++ USD
Terms
Must be for entire duration of reservation
Requires non-refundable payment at time of confirming
Availability and rates subject to change
Can you apply SNAs at this property? No.

Late Checkout Policy (subject to availability)
General Members: None
Silver Elite: "Priority"
Gold Elite: 2pm
Platinum & Titanium Elite: 4pm
Ambassador Elite: 4pm or "Your24"

Welcome Gift
General Members & Silver Elite: None
Gold Elite: 500 points per stay
Platinum, Titanium, and Ambassador Elite: Welcome Gift: 1000 points per stay OR amenity per stay OR breakfast at Turquoise Restaurant per day for 2 persons (member + 1)

Drone Restrictions
"We strictly prohibit the operation of any type of UAV or drones for any purpose within and above the premises of the resort as our guests' privacy is of our utmost concern. This prohibition extends to devices launched from the resort or from outside the boundaries of the resort. If you wish to take photographs or videos, you may do so at the common areas of our resort."
Print Wikipost

Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2022, 10:53 am

Programs: marriott
I am arriving LM Maldives in the first week of January (made my booking about a year ago).
All prices seem to have gone up here.

-Half board is now $75 for Platinums or above ($110 - $35). There is no bonvoy discount on meal plans, right?

I also have other questions,
-Can I earn points for Seaplane charges?
-LM Maldives is asking for Seaplane payment in advance, did everyone pay in advance? I want to pay at check out , but they are keep saying that is has to be paid in advance.
-My wife and I are novice swimmers, but we want to see some turtles. Should we stay at North side in this case?
Old Dec 22, 2022, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by dsut9596
I am arriving LM Maldives in the first week of January (made my booking about a year ago).
All prices seem to have gone up here.

-Half board is now $75 for Platinums or above ($110 - $35). There is no bonvoy discount on meal plans, right?

I also have other questions,
-Can I earn points for Seaplane charges?
-LM Maldives is asking for Seaplane payment in advance, did everyone pay in advance? I want to pay at check out , but they are keep saying that is has to be paid in advance.
-My wife and I are novice swimmers, but we want to see some turtles. Should we stay at North side in this case?
I just payed for the seaplane for next month. With it being high season I think that is why the push. I checked my credit card statement and the seaplane charge showed up as 'Le Meridien Maldives Res' so l believe we should see the points without a problem. Also with the tax increase it will save a bit paying now as well.

When you received the updated meal plan did it say if the taxes are still included in the cost?

Last edited by Redgte; Dec 22, 2022 at 11:55 am
Old Dec 22, 2022, 5:52 pm

If I made a reservation in March and the seaplane transfer was $420 will they honor that price or will I have to pay the higher price now?
Old Dec 23, 2022, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by LukFilm
If I made a reservation in March and the seaplane transfer was $420 will they honor that price or will I have to pay the higher price now?
I was charged $420/person when I paid for my January stay last week.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by CDKing
I asked the same and haven't heard back yet
Has anyone heard back from them if the meal plan will increase?
Old Dec 23, 2022, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by 9876
Has anyone heard back from them if the meal plan will increase?
I haven't yet. They have always been super responsive so I can only assume it is because high season is starting and they are in the thick of the holiday season craziness.
9876 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 2:34 pm

Programs: SPG Plat 100
I also asked whether they plan to change Meal Plan pricing from January 1st. Earlier I asked whether it would be possible to pre-pay F&B costs and they got back answering that one can pre-pay only Meal Plans. Other then that I am already covered as we are staying on points.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I will probably prepay the all inclusive. How does that work anyways. We will probably be arriving on the last seat plane considering we arrive MLE at 3pm. Is it worth trying to save money for night with a lower package and start all Inclusive the next day. What is the timing for the new package to start? Does it start the next day at breakfast or does it start at dinner?
Old Dec 24, 2022, 8:32 am

I will probably prepay the all inclusive. How does that work anyways. We will probably be arriving on the last seat plane considering we arrive MLE at 3pm. Is it worth trying to save money for night with a lower package and start all Inclusive the next day. What is the timing for the new package to start? Does it start the next day at breakfast or does it start at dinner?
Sounds like we're on the same flight. We're planning to go a la carte on our arrival day and having room service to enjoy dining in the villa since in room dining isn't on any of the meal plans. We'll start a plan the next day.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
At check in, I was offered to choose the day/meal that the plan started. They made suggestions and were very accommodating around this.

On a separate note, don’t waste any time getting on a seaplane. Those schedules are wonky and you are at the whim of a few variables: customs, baggage claim, a van ride to the sea plane terminal, the capacity of those last few sea planes, the weather, the wind, the waves, and the light left for the sea planes to operate. Good luck!
Old Dec 24, 2022, 11:03 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by JC5280
Those schedules are wonky and you are at the whim of a few variables: customs, baggage claim, a van ride to the sea plane terminal, the capacity of those last few sea planes, the weather, the wind, the waves, and the light left for the sea planes to operate. Good luck!
Also, remember that they need enough light (and good weather) to make the round trip to LM and back to MLE. That's why the last departure is around 16:30, I think (?). Your 3pm arrival will be exciting!
My AF arrival was a complete mess. Arrived on time but FIFTY minutes later is when I stepped inside the terminal, after waiting for pax continuing to CMB to deplane first, then doing a bus transfer to the terminal. Immigration and customs were quick and my bag was (not surprisingly) already on the belt.
Good luck!
Old Dec 24, 2022, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kyushuman
Also, remember that they need enough light (and good weather) to make the round trip to LM and back to MLE. That's why the last departure is around 16:30, I think (?). Your 3pm arrival will be exciting!
My AF arrival was a complete mess. Arrived on time but FIFTY minutes later is when I stepped inside the terminal, after waiting for pax continuing to CMB to deplane first, then doing a bus transfer to the terminal. Immigration and customs were quick and my bag was (not surprisingly) already on the belt.
Good luck!
At least we're in the first row of J cabin. If it weren't for all the sunscreen we would just do carry-on
Old Dec 24, 2022, 4:05 pm

Trying to choose the right meal plan… may I know if I get only half board, while I know I can get free drinking water during meals, do I get some free bottled water in the villas? How do ppl drink water between meals?

it seems like most ppl on the forum is now choosing full board plus or all inclusive…. Other than the alcoholic drinks and extra meal, am I missing something? We tend to pack ourselves during buffet so worried that we cannot easily fit another lunch… also, my kid cannot drink and my partner does not drink alcohol… we are tending towards half board… am I setting a trap for ourselves?

thank you so much… anyone will be there between Jan 2-8? We can do a meet up?
Old Dec 24, 2022, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andrew148
Trying to choose the right meal plan… may I know if I get only half board, while I know I can get free drinking water during meals, do I get some free bottled water in the villas? How do ppl drink water between meals?

it seems like most ppl on the forum is now choosing full board plus or all inclusive…. Other than the alcoholic drinks and extra meal, am I missing something? We tend to pack ourselves during buffet so worried that we cannot easily fit another lunch… also, my kid cannot drink and my partner does not drink alcohol… we are tending towards half board… am I setting a trap for ourselves?

thank you so much… anyone will be there between Jan 2-8? We can do a meet up?
For all inclusive it's drinks outside of meal times, minibar and includes all restaurants. Full board plus has drinks during meal times and 3 meals, limited to Turquoise and Velaa
andrew148 likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2022, 1:03 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by andrew148
Just here now. There are bottles in villas and you can request additional water as much as you need.

Last edited by honzeek_cz; Dec 25, 2022 at 5:45 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.