Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
I don't doubt this may be your personal experience. Some others have said the same. Then there is this report of a stay posting 27 days after check-out with no intervention whatsoever.

You can be assured that the loyalty team has been made aware that some members are experiencing delays in their stays posting. It would not surprise me if Program Services is taking note of which properties are involved and are working towards fixing it from that angle. But, the expectation from anyone at this point should be that it can take up to (and including) 10 business days. After this time has elapsed, any member with a missing stay can report it online here.
I have a question for you regarding the missing stay request form. If for some reason I don't have a copy of the folio it tells me to request it from....you, Marriott. So, Marriott is asking me to request a copy from themselves. If I have filled out the form as requested it includes the confirmation number, dates, name etc, etc surely that links to the folio?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 10:37 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by burbanite
...surely that links to the folio?
Not that I am aware of. If it did, the form would not be asking you to provide one. If you need a misplaced/lost/already filed folio for a past stay because it is not downloaded to your account, you can request one from customer service via phone, email or chat (where applicable).
Old Apr 29, 2019, 3:59 am
Suspended

Bonus points for suite...

I am beyond frustrated. Booked a suite in Nairobi that offered, in the rate details this (note I paid more $$ for this room)

Member Rate Experiences - Suite Packages, includes full English breakfast for 1 guest per night, based upon availability, 3000 Bonus Points per night, fruit amenity,

Of course the regular, elite bonus, amenity all posted, Not the 6000 bonus points (I stayed two nights).

I have been back and forth with an idiot at guest services who either will not or cannot read my email or the confirmation attachment I sent, and keep referring to the points for the stay posting. I cannot get them to do anything with the bonus points, they just ignore my question.

I sent a plea to the lurkers...who just sent it on to the same agent (!!!!), who just wrote to me again to explain the breakdown of the regular, elite bonus and plat amenity. So, I am at a loss as to what to do. I had hoped the Lurkers could help.

The system should not offer these rates if there is no way to automatically post the points. And agents should have to read what people write not just auto-respond badly.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by MaxFlying
I am beyond frustrated. Booked a suite in Nairobi that offered, in the rate details this (note I paid more $$ for this room)

Member Rate Experiences - Suite Packages, includes full English breakfast for 1 guest per night, based upon availability, 3000 Bonus Points per night, fruit amenity,

Of course the regular, elite bonus, amenity all posted, Not the 6000 bonus points (I stayed two nights).
Call customer service and speak to a live body. That’s what I’ve been doing when I have missing points. They post them while I’m still on the phone.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by margarita girl

Call customer service and speak to a live body. That’s what I’ve been doing when I have missing points. They post them while I’m still on the phone.
Thank you, I just did this. Problem solved - and the agent understood my frustration when they read the history. I had held off calling as I expected a very long wait time. Call was answered instantly and a few minutes later the points were posted. Lesson learned.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:27 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
I think Marriott should have some kind of SLA. I personally think 10 business days is too long. I was told that now the posting suppose to be done by the system. I am guessing this is part of end of day run. As it seems to me the system is not capable to do end of day in multiple zone, it seems it follows US Pacific time. This can means Sunday check out in Asia can only be processed by Monday noon (Asia time). So I think 2-3 business days should be more realistic.

Also Marriott should also look into where the issue. Especially with big merger like this. I presume the issue should be more on ex-SPG hotels as they are less familiar with those Marriott legacy hotels. They are essentially "new" hotel to Marriott which may need some coaching.

I think the real system/IT merger only happen in Feb-2019. But from customer point of view, the combination has been taken place since Aug-2018..... This is why I keep saying the way Marriott plan this is very bad.

They should let all program run until 31-Dec-2018 and use those status earn in 2018 to determine the new program that start from 1-Jan-2019. And from Aug-2018 they should quietly merge the system (i.e. migrate those non Marriott hotels to Marriott system) and this should be much more smoother transition
Old May 1, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
I wrote to the research@ email address but no response, do you know if it is still operating?
Old May 1, 2019, 7:56 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by GoldenItalianBoy
I wrote to the research@ email address but no response, do you know if it is still operating?
I don't think so. The Lurkers' email, [email protected] , is a better bet these days.
Jiatong likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by GoldenItalianBoy
This email definitely works but response is not guaranteed even though results does show up within 24-48 hours for missing credit, at least in my cases. For other issues, I normally get a response but you need to know what to put in the subject to get routed properly
Old May 7, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum / Hyatt Discoverist / IHG Diamond / American Airlines Executive Platinum
Since Bonvoy, no hotel has posted my points correctly

So, I've generally been happy with Marriott, and still am. The amount I travel goes up and down, but I am never a road warrior. I have had only four stays since Bonvoy went live. One of those I literally had no extra charges (Fairfield Inn-- it was just room + taxes), so for purposes of this post I have had three stays, and all three have been messed up from a points standpoint. I am Titanium and the correct multiplier has been used, getting 10 + 7.5 = 17.5 points per $ spent.
  1. The first hotel only posted the room plus valet. This left out F&B charges. It was rectified after an email to Marriott.
  2. The second hotel only posted room + valet + resort charge. This left out F&B, spa, and shop charges. It was rectified after an email to Marriott.
  3. The third only posted room. This left out F&B, valet, resort, and shop charges. I have sent an email to Marriott.
But I wonder if this is some kind of dumb luck, or was this happening before and I didn't notice? It just seems very odd that it is happened every single time now.

Is anyone else having this consistent of an issue?
Old May 9, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
I have been trying to get Bonvoy customer care to post the stay credit and the Platinum Amenity for an award stay since March 23rd to no avail.

Average response time is around 2 weeks, always with some sort of excuse. Turnaround time in the good old SPG days was usually 24 hours to get stuff like that taken care of... this is really annoying that customer service has become one of the worst in the industry these days.
Old May 9, 2019, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by rcs85551
I have been trying to get Bonvoy customer care to post the stay credit and the Platinum Amenity for an award stay since March 23rd to no avail.

Average response time is around 2 weeks, always with some sort of excuse. Turnaround time in the good old SPG days was usually 24 hours to get stuff like that taken care of... this is really annoying that customer service has become one of the worst in the industry these days.
Call CS. You'll get it done in 5 mins, and usually while you are still on the phone. There is no longer a hold time either.
Old May 10, 2019, 3:24 am

I got 2 stays recently. one checked out on 3-May on Marriott brand hotel, the stay posted on the account the immediately (1-2 days). The other stay, check out on 5-May, it is SPG-legacy brand and until now it is still not posted.

The previous stay was also SPG-legacy.

Are they still not fully in Marriott system?
Old May 10, 2019, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lingua101
.....Are they still not fully in Marriott system?
All properties are on Marriott system now.

I don't see a particular Marriott vs SPG pattern. Some of my ex-SPG property stays posted promptly while some ex-Marriott properties posted slowly or incorrectly.
Old May 10, 2019, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
All properties are on Marriott system now.

I don't see a particular Marriott vs SPG pattern. Some of my ex-SPG property stays posted promptly while some ex-Marriott properties posted slowly or incorrectly.
well my case all marriott seems ok, ex-spg are slow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.