Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Old Jan 26, 2020, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I am an Ambassador & donít have this issue.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 7:18 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by andrewstahl
I am an Ambassador & donít have this issue.
Iím an AE guest and points not posting correctly happens all of the time for me.

YMMV
Old Jan 26, 2020, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by lucycan
I've been a LifeTime Plat for about 6 years now and stay about 75 nights a year with Marriott. The trend I see recently is not giving Elite check in bonus points. In my last 7 stays, I only got them 3 times. Of course after I fumble around with trying to contact the hotel direct and/or working with Marriott on Twitter I have been able to finally get what I was owed. However its a huge waste of time and wondering if this is something others are seeing?

The hotels and locations are very diverse. From Ritz to Fairfield Inn. From NYC to Orange County.
I agree that you should get points at RC and Fairfield. The former doesnít offer free breakfast and the latter always has breakfast included. What were the other 2 brands that didnít post, and did you choose restaurant breakfast?

Iím asking since I always choose breakfast and can never remember which brands give you the pts AND the breakfast without looking it up. Otherwise, Iíd say my 1000 pts has been posting without issue for the last little while at hotels where I get both.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by lucycan
I've been a LifeTime Plat for about 6 years now and stay about 75 nights a year with Marriott. The trend I see recently is not giving Elite check in bonus points. In my last 7 stays, I only got them 3 times. Of course after I fumble around with trying to contact the hotel direct and/or working with Marriott on Twitter I have been able to finally get what I was owed. However its a huge waste of time and wondering if this is something others are seeing?

The hotels and locations are very diverse. From Ritz to Fairfield Inn. From NYC to Orange County.
I ran into the same situation this month, and my Titanium welcome bonus points normally always post. I called the hotel, and they said everything was good on their end. I called Marriott Bonvoy Customer Service, and they got the points posted after about 15 minutes.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 5:36 pm

Programs: Various airlines (BA Silver, AC), hotels (Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold) and credit card programs
Prepaid stay - does not post at all

Had a wonderful 2 night stay at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis booked on marriott.com as prepaid.
Nothing posted (check out on Feb 23) and when I submitted a missing stay request, a rather useless response arrived from a faraway outsourced service center.
An email to Marriott Lurker bounces back as undeliverable.

What to do?
Old Mar 5, 2020, 5:52 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Contact the hotel's Front Desk Manager.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 5:59 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Vaclav
Had a wonderful 2 night stay at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis booked on marriott.com as prepaid.
Nothing posted (check out on Feb 23) and when I submitted a missing stay request, a rather useless response arrived from a faraway outsourced service center.
An email to Marriott Lurker bounces back as undeliverable.

What to do?
Hi Vaclav, I am sorry for any inconvenience. We are aware of the issue with the Marriott Bonvoy Champion email bouncing back, and we are working to get it fixed as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you send me a Private Message here on FT with your first/last name, Marriott Bonvoy number, email address, the name of the hotel you stayed at, the dates you stayed, and a legible screenshot or copy of the folio, I'd be happy to look into this for you.

Warm regards,

Leanne
Social Media Liaison
Old Mar 5, 2020, 6:32 pm

Programs: Various airlines (BA Silver, AC), hotels (Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold) and credit card programs
Thanks Leanne.

I have sent what I had on hand and what I managed to copy and paste.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Vaclav
What to do?
I call CS for any missing stays. They post the stay while I'm on the phone. Easy peasy.
thalweg likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 10:07 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Stays posting

I had a stay February 21-25 with a large spend, another one night stay February 28 and a one night stay March 4.

NONE have posted to my account and I have verified that all three receipts show my correct Bonvoy number.

How long are staying taking to post right now? Does this seem normal?
Old Mar 8, 2020, 10:14 am
Moderator: Hyatt, American Express; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer
I had a stay February 21-25 with a large spend, another one night stay February 28 and a one night stay March 4.

NONE have posted to my account and I have verified that all three receipts show my correct Bonvoy number.

Of my last 3 stays, two failed to post automatically, and the third posted automatically but without elite nights and the points calculation was totally off. All were rectified very soon (within 12-24 hours) after filling out the missing stay form though.

https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/myA...StayRequest.mi
Old Mar 8, 2020, 10:19 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer
Depends on hotel IME. After 5 days you can submit a missing stay request. Also if your stays were booked through 3rd party sites like Expedia, Hotel.com, Priceline, etc. then those are not eligible for point earning.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 10:29 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
Depends on hotel IME. After 5 days you can submit a missing stay request. Also if your stays were booked through 3rd party sites like Expedia, Hotel.com, Priceline, etc. then those are not eligible for point earning.
The stays were booked directly. They showed up on both the website and the app on my phone.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 11:04 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Lifetime Gold, UA Premier Silver
My two most recent stays both posted within 48 hours. One had shorted me on points but was resolved within 24 hours by filing out the missing stay request form which Marriott then forwarded to the property. The property actually gave me some extra points for the inconvenience.
Jiatong likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 5:26 am

has anyone ever seen that your account activity is showing that you are accruing miles instead of points?
I have had a bunch of hotel stays recently and some are showing up with miles instead of points. Super weird, my account is all screwed up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.