Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Old Mar 28, 2019, 10:04 pm
  #601  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SFO
Posts: 4,958
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Under Starwood, it was typically next day. Rarely varied. I am re-enjoying next day posting w/Hyatt. Amazing what competent IT can do for customer satisfaction.
For legacy Starwood properties, my stays are still posting next day. Its the legacy Marriott properties that are taking longer than usual.
KRSW and Jiatong like this.
myperks is offline  
Old Mar 30, 2019, 9:17 am
  #602  
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: toronto
Posts: 915
Still having trouble with stays not posting. Interesting enough for me, in the last 2 weeks, I have Springhill Suites(posted the next day), but I am waiting on a JW Marriott stay, 2 Marriott stay and a Marriott meetings not posting.
Maybe we have to stay at the cheaper hotels like Springhill to get our stays posting correctly? lol
Commie is offline  
Old Apr 3, 2019, 4:35 am
  #603  
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,419
Two out of last four stays issues with points and nights posting. First example was 1 night shorted and half points shorted. Second example nights ok but 23,000 base points shorted. With additional points shorted on elite and promo bonuses. Wonder how many people this is happening with.

Contacted using missing points / stays link = crickets
Contacted second hotel = crickets
Contacted live phone agent / elite line = resolution / crediting all due points for second stay (was a 54,000 point fix - base, elite, bonus)

Last edited by shoodawg; Apr 4, 2019 at 7:10 pm Reason: list resolution
shoodawg is offline  
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:15 am
  #604  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: PHX
Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Posts: 57,173
Consistently Shorted Points

I am consistently getting shorted points by SPG Asia properties. This has long been an issue with SGS, and now I have a streak of three in a row for March, with SGS, StR Bangkok, and PG Tokyo failing to credit me for on-property spend (restaurant and spa) that is expressly supposed to be points earning under the T&C.

These are not insubstantial quantities of points - with bonus, we're talking over 10k for recent PG stay, for example.

This is happening so consistently I find it hard to believe it's accidental. Seems to me instead to be yet another example of properties simply flouting program rules that cost them money.
UA-NYC and gcashin like this.
Kacee is offline  
Old Apr 3, 2019, 9:09 pm
  #605  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Posts: 15,581
Originally Posted by Kacee
This is happening so consistently I find it hard to believe it's accidental. Seems to me instead to be yet another example of properties simply flouting program rules that cost them money.
It was NEVER a problem until Marriott IT took over legacy SPG properties. Ive heard plenty of grumbling from employees about Marriotts atrocious antiquated IT. I suspect it has more to do with how the info has to be entered into the system.
margarita girl is offline  
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:33 pm
  #606  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: PHX
Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Posts: 57,173
Originally Posted by margarita girl
It was NEVER a problem until Marriott IT took over legacy SPG properties. Ive heard plenty of grumbling from employees about Marriotts atrocious antiquated IT. I suspect it has more to do with how the info has to be entered into the system.
I don't think we can blame everything on Marriott IT. At Marriott properties I've received proper credit. And my issues at SGS predate the switch to Marriott IT.
Kacee is offline  
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:34 pm
  #607  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Somewhere in Florida
Posts: 2,708
Does anyone find that certain properties consistently don't post? There's a Courtyard I've started staying at recently and it seems like they never bother to post at all and I have to fill in a request form each time. I wouldn't be surprised if this was intentional, as I can see the owners of this particular property are cheap.
KRSW is offline  
Old Apr 4, 2019, 4:55 am
  #608  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Posts: 15,581
Originally Posted by Kacee
I don't think we can blame everything on Marriott IT. At Marriott properties I've received proper credit. And my issues at SGS predate the switch to Marriott IT.
Im trying to reconcile that with Mr Chapmans management style, and it just doesnt compute!
margarita girl is offline  
Old Apr 4, 2019, 11:30 am
  #609  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: New York, NY, USA
Posts: 12,528
I found that it is better for stays not to post instead of posted incorrectly.

Once a stay is posted incorrectly, subsequent requests to correct night/point credit is often rejected automatically by Indian robots. They simply don't read my note and reject requests without reviewing. I had to request multiple times to correct mis-posted stays.
TerryK is online now  
Old Apr 4, 2019, 1:15 pm
  #610  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Somewhere in Florida
Posts: 2,708
Originally Posted by TerryK
I found that it is better for stays not to post instead of posted incorrectly.

Once a stay is posted incorrectly, subsequent requests to correct night/point credit is often rejected automatically by Indian robots. They simply don't read my note and reject requests without reviewing. I had to request multiple times to correct mis-posted stays.
The form works alright for completely missing stays, but I find calling in works best for irregularities. Even at that, the last time I filled out the form, they credited me 1 night and 1 night's worth of points, not the full amount for the stay....so I still had to call in.
KRSW is offline  
Old Apr 5, 2019, 3:44 am
  #611  
Marriott 5+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chicago
Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Posts: 5,077
Originally Posted by TerryK
I found that it is better for stays not to post instead of posted incorrectly.

Once a stay is posted incorrectly, subsequent requests to correct night/point credit is often rejected automatically by Indian robots. They simply don't read my note and reject requests without reviewing. I had to request multiple times to correct mis-posted stays.
Agree with this, though the FT Lurkers have been able to help me with stays that have posted incorrectly (they have been the only ones able/willing to help). So I'd suggest reaching out to them.

If you have a stay with little to no ancillary spend, it's fine if it doesn't post automatically since the stay credit request process seems to work okay in that case. But if you have a stay with ancillary spend, the stay credit request process seems to completely ignore it regardless of what it is or how much it is, and then you're back in fixing-incorrect-stay-post hell.
bgriff is offline  
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:47 am
  #612  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: ORD
Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Posts: 8,688
If on a 3 night stay, I checked out at 12.10am on the third night. Will the stay still be posted in the account with 3 nights or the nights that will be posted in the account is 2 nights only?
NA-Flyer is online now  
Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:35 am
  #613  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Minnesota, USA
Programs: Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Posts: 13
Originally Posted by bgriff
Agree with this, though the FT Lurkers have been able to help me with stays that have posted incorrectly (they have been the only ones able/willing to help). So I'd suggest reaching out to them.

If you have a stay with little to no ancillary spend, it's fine if it doesn't post automatically since the stay credit request process seems to work okay in that case. But if you have a stay with ancillary spend, the stay credit request process seems to completely ignore it regardless of what it is or how much it is, and then you're back in fixing-incorrect-stay-post hell.
I've been stuck in this predicament for days now. I had an points stay at a Ritz-Carlton, with $1500.00 in ancillary spend. Initially it posted next day as a 5 day stay (correct), with my 1000 point bonus. Now after days of back and forth with random "Guest Services" representatives, I still can't get them to credit it properly. I used to think people were exaggerating these issues, but it's mind blowing. Even after submitting a PDF of the hotel bill, they will "correct" the problem with a seemingly random amount of spend and points. Then I'll send it back again, and they will adjust it to another random amount of spend, never actually the corrected amount.

Last edited by nschmidt68; Apr 13, 2019 at 9:47 am
nschmidt68 is offline  
Old Apr 13, 2019, 1:35 pm
  #614  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: New York, NY, USA
Posts: 12,528
Originally Posted by nschmidt68
............I had an points stay at a Ritz-Carlton, with $1500.00 in ancillary spend........Even after submitting a PDF of the hotel bill, they will "correct" the problem with a seemingly random amount of spend and points. Then I'll send it back again, and they will adjust it to another random amount of spend, never actually the corrected amount.
Count yourself lucky that you didn't get a Customer Care specialist who zeroes both nights and points and claim stay is not eligible. It is a constant struggle to receive correct number of nights/points/promos.

Last edited by TerryK; Apr 13, 2019 at 1:40 pm
TerryK is online now  
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:56 am
  #615  
Marriott 5+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chicago
Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Posts: 5,077
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
If on a 3 night stay, I checked out at 12.10am on the third night. Will the stay still be posted in the account with 3 nights or the nights that will be posted in the account is 2 nights only?
It varies depending how the hotel submits it, in my experience. Assuming you pay for 3 nights, it used to be easy to get SPG customer service to correct your night credits if the automatic post doesn't come through correctly. But with the state of Bonvoy customer service these days, that may be a challenge.
bgriff is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.