FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]
Old Apr 29, 2019, 10:27 pm
lingua101

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
I think Marriott should have some kind of SLA. I personally think 10 business days is too long. I was told that now the posting suppose to be done by the system. I am guessing this is part of end of day run. As it seems to me the system is not capable to do end of day in multiple zone, it seems it follows US Pacific time. This can means Sunday check out in Asia can only be processed by Monday noon (Asia time). So I think 2-3 business days should be more realistic.

Also Marriott should also look into where the issue. Especially with big merger like this. I presume the issue should be more on ex-SPG hotels as they are less familiar with those Marriott legacy hotels. They are essentially "new" hotel to Marriott which may need some coaching.

I think the real system/IT merger only happen in Feb-2019. But from customer point of view, the combination has been taken place since Aug-2018..... This is why I keep saying the way Marriott plan this is very bad.

They should let all program run until 31-Dec-2018 and use those status earn in 2018 to determine the new program that start from 1-Jan-2019. And from Aug-2018 they should quietly merge the system (i.e. migrate those non Marriott hotels to Marriott system) and this should be much more smoother transition