Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Had a stay just post from Austin earlier this week -- the points and spend posted but the nights didn't (which also means the bonus Double Nights promo didn't post either so missing 4 total nights as a result -- 2 for staying plus the 2 promotional bonus nights)

Any reason this would be the case?
Old Jul 12, 2019, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Duke787
Had a stay just post from Austin earlier this week -- the points and spend posted but the nights didn't (which also means the bonus Double Nights promo didn't post either so missing 4 total nights as a result -- 2 for staying plus the 2 promotional bonus nights)

Any reason this would be the case?
Marriott IT?

Call CS. They'll fix it while you're on the phone.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 6:32 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Saturday-Sunday stay from last weekend finally posted this morning.

Meanwhile, a Hilton stay from yesterday also posted this morning.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
Still waiting for a stay at the Aloft in Liverpool to post. Booked on Marriott.com. Didn't receive a bill at check-out, posted the missing stay on-line and was told I needed the invoice and that if I didn't have the invoice I needed to contact the hotel. After a bit of to and fro, the Marriott rep said that they would contact the hotel directly for the invoice but weeks later it still hasn't posted. Frankly at this point I can't be bothered and funnily enough I'm not exactly in a hurry to book another Marriott. Am sure I'll get shot down for this, but in all my years with Starwood this never happened.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 4:27 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Points didn't post - is it the hotel's fault?

I realize that often times when things go wrong Marriott IT is to blame - but I have only had two stays where points have not posted this year out of about 50 stays. Each time it took a 30 or 40 minute phone call with the Tit line to resolve which is deeply annoying. This last time it took two phone calls.

I'm very tempted to leave the hotel a scathing review on trip advisor... any chance that this is NOT the hotel's fault? I could see a hotel making a small fortune (in savings) - by surreptitiously not awarding points to guests though you would think they would target $200 stays as opposed to $2000 stays to make it less likely that their wrongdoing is detected.

thoughts?
Old Aug 21, 2019, 10:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I've had a consistent problem at SGS with points not crediting for spend on restaurant or spa. After bringing this to their attention my past two stays, the property has now escalated to Marriott, as they can't figure out why this is happening. They are able to confirm though that only room rate spend is auto-posting. Anything else requires manual entry.
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
I'm very tempted to leave the hotel a scathing review on trip advisor... any chance that this is NOT the hotel's fault?
Odds are it is Marriott IT.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by bdschobel
Checked out of Indianapolis Westin on Saturday, August 17. Nine days later, nothing has posted. I guess tomorrow I'll have to submit another missing stay request. This is getting really tiresome.

Bruce
Either things or getting better or people have stopped complaining. This thread is practically dormant now. A bit of both for me. If nothings posted after a week, I just call CS and they post the pts while Im on the phone. Easy peasy. But its definitely an infrequent occurrence now.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: AC SE
After having a streak where 3 of out of 4 stays didn't credit in the Spring, and then a row where 3 stays in a row in July actually credited properly, I was optimistic things were getting better. Unfortunately it appears Marriott's winning streak of 3 stays in a row crediting properly has been broken, as I've got a stay that's been 7 days now and hasn't posted. I'll wait til the 10 days, but usually if it doesn't credit within a week, it needs manual intervention, so I guess I'll be phoning in again.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Cosmopolitan LV, slow to post points?

Had a one night stay, 3 rooms, been almost 2 weeks now?

Odd as everything was booked online as well?

Does this seem wrong?
Old Sep 9, 2019, 5:07 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Mine just posted today - 9 days after checkout.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 12:50 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Missing points

I stayed a few weeks ago and my stay posted but my spend at the restaurant during my stay (Loulay Kitchen @ Sheraton Grand Seattle) didnt show up. It was even on the receipt they emailed me, but not listed under points activity. Emailed them after 10 days and they fixed it, but gotta wonder if they do stuff like this just to hope some people dont check their points activity often and just assume it all went through....Wasnt a huge deal, took 2 seconds to message them, but still sort of disconcerting.

Last edited by ZackVLion; Sep 10, 2019 at 12:51 am Reason: spelling
Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
Originally Posted by Condition One
Mine just posted today - 9 days after checkout.
RE: The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas.... mine posted on the 10th day after the stay.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Wondering when I need to start asking questions about the stay. I'm on Day 13, and nothing yet.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Anybody know when the Courtyard bonus points (2000) are supposed to post? My regular points and elite points posted but not the bonus.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 8:08 pm

The writings been on the wall. Thats why Ive been moving my nights over to Hyatt, 3 nights away from hitting globalist!

Marriott points will soon be worth as much as IHG points

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.