Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2024, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Posco
The missing stay form refers to waiting 10 business days. My last missing stay claim was last year and I think the waiting period was 10 normal and not business days. Is the rule with the business days new?
When you submit a missing points claim, it will let you submit the claim 11 days after your check out day. So if you check out on the 5th of a month, you can fill in your form on the 16th of the month.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 7, 2024, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
When you submit a missing points claim, it will let you submit the claim 11 days after your check out day. So if you check out on the 5th of a month, you can fill in your form on the 16th of the month.
This also seems to have changed. Last year the last 10 days were greyed out. Now I can select any date. I just tried with the last two days. So, I am wondering how the 10 days are counted now. As business days, meaning only Monday till Friday, or as normal days including also the weekend.

Last edited by Posco; May 9, 2024 at 5:04 am
Old May 9, 2024, 12:49 pm

Two days ago I filed a missing stay claim. Since then no response, not even a confirmation that my claim has been received. Is this normal?
Old May 9, 2024, 2:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Posco
Two days ago I filed a missing stay claim. Since then no response, not even a confirmation that my claim has been received. Is this normal?
I've had to file a claim three times over the years. Twice it was within 48 hour turnarounds. The third time is still outstanding from November last year (I've monthly replied to the last correspondence and they are in full ghosting me mode). So it seems to have gone downhill lately.

Good luck.
Old Jul 7, 2024, 10:19 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA Gold, Bonvoy (lol) Titanium/LTP
Is anyone else having issues with stays not posting at a higher rate than previously? I pretty much never had issues (maybe once every year or two) but have had 3 stays not post in the past two months out of 7 stays total. I also am not getting receipts reliably emailed and so naturally it becomes a two step process to request the receipt, wait for the receipt, and then fill out the missing stay form - a total pain.

These are all booked direct with Marriott via the app with the stays showing up in My Trips until the completion of the trip, after which it disappears and doesn't show up in "Past Trips" at all.

Once is not unexpected, twice is a coincidence, three is a pattern. Wondering if anyone else is having these troubles at an increasing rate? The stays were all in different countries (including one in the US).
Old Jul 10, 2024, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by ethernal
Is anyone else having issues with stays not posting at a higher rate than previously?
Me!
Over the last couple.years, stays posting correctly or at all is a pleasant surprise. Rarely get two in a row post properly.
Almost all our stays have been outside North America. Mostly Europe these days. No fewer than 40 nights a year x mostly two rooms/accounts.

Old Jul 12, 2024, 8:00 am

A stay has just been credited to my account one day after check-out. However, the number of points is wrong. Do I have to wait for 10 days before I can submit a request so that the points can be adjusted? Or can I do it straightaway as the stay has already been posted?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.