Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by mjrobson
Only 1 of the StR Overwater Suites is on the Sunset Side - Room 535. If you can get it, it's amazing (it's the most requested room)! Pool, deck and location on the reef are excellent, location on the pier is excellent, room is massive!
Thanks! Only an extra ~$150 total for 7 nights so might go with the STR Suite and try and get a sunset one and if not just do a regular sunset villa. Do a lot of people get upgraded into 535 if they book a regular OWV or regular Sunset OWV?
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Dn10
Thanks! Only an extra ~$150 total for 7 nights so might go with the STR Suite and try and get a sunset one and if not just do a regular sunset villa. Do a lot of people get upgraded into 535 if they book a regular OWV or regular Sunset OWV?
We booked The StR. Suite and got it every night accept our first one. My guess is that unless there are no StR. Suite's booked by nyone, someone who booked a StR. Suite would get it...
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by mjrobson
We booked The StR. Suite and got it every night accept our first one. My guess is that unless there are no StR. Suite's booked by nyone, someone who booked a StR. Suite would get it...
Fair - could always book and request it and perhaps switch into it after a few days given I'm there for a week
Old Dec 16, 2019, 12:26 pm

MANY thanks for the advice to look if rates have dropped for upcoming reservations - my cancellation deadline is in the next month for my February trip so this would be the time to make any changes, and I was able to rebook into a SOWV for FAR less than it was when I originally booked. So exciting!!
ps9a and ChocolateFactory like this.

Last edited by meehgz; Dec 16, 2019 at 12:53 pm
Old Dec 17, 2019, 1:07 am

An exciting development - the 2bed OWV I spoke of earlier is bookable for 400k Points + $1000USD. I think this is a better deal than 600k points so that’s what I’ve got booked.

Thanks for everyone who commented to keep checking prices!
Old Dec 17, 2019, 2:15 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by tajee165
An exciting development - the 2bed OWV I spoke of earlier is bookable for 400k Points + $1000USD. I think this is a better deal than 600k points so that’s what I’ve got booked.

Pricing seems a bit wacky of that, but I booked the same thing too on different 340k dates earlier today. 4x adults would get to stay in that for 85k + $1k pp all in (including seaplanes)… insane!
Old Dec 17, 2019, 4:49 am

They waived this fee for me
Old Dec 17, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
What fee did they waive?
Old Dec 17, 2019, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by tajee165

People here probably know the property a lot better than I do but it looks like that 2 bed private pool is pretty small. But suppose you have the whole ocean to swim in and it’s a better deal
Old Dec 17, 2019, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by helvetic
Pricing seems a bit wacky of that, but I booked the same thing too on different 340k dates earlier today. 4x adults would get to stay in that for 85k + $1k pp all in (including seaplanes)… insane!
pricing honestly seems wacky as a whole. I dont want to say it’s a mistake and I really don’t think that just because a Waldorf and JW opened they need to massively drop costs for redemptions
Old Dec 17, 2019, 8:30 am

Does st regis refund cash room upgrade fee by any chance?
I upgraded my room from GV to OWV because price was 340k vs 540k, spent about $1.2k for 5 nights.
Now required points for OWV is 340k+$125 or 365k with points.
They did state room upgrade price it's non-refundable, but I was wondering if anyone has been able to get a refund or perhaps given as a credit.
Or perhaps use it for further upgrade into st regis suite or something like that.
TIA!

Last edited by Jinkyu Im; Dec 17, 2019 at 9:56 am
Old Dec 17, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I would just reach out to them. It’s not like you’re canceling, you just want the lower rate.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Jinkyu Im
Does st regis refund cash room upgrade fee by any chance?
I upgraded my room from GV to OWV because price was 340k vs 540k, spent about $1.2k for 5 nights.
Now required points for OWV is 340k+$125 or 365k with points.
They did state room upgrade price it's non-refundable, but I was wondering if anyone has been able to get a refund or perhaps given as a credit.
Or perhaps use it for further upgrade into st regis suite or something like that.
TIA!
Since they stated in my email that upgrade fees were non refundable I held off on upgrading figuring that worst case I'll go to an SOWV at the JW. I know that STR is supposed to be "better" but to me what matters most is the room type I'll be getting.

If I'd be in your shoes I would definitely email them to request either a partial refund or credit towards F&B or further upgrade to higher class room at no additional fee. It doesn't hurt to ask since, as above poster noted you aren't cancelling.

Only thing is that they're super slow to respond lately. I emailed them a day or two ago and still haven't received a reply.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
I would just reach out to them. It’s not like you’re canceling, you just want the lower rate.
I'll reach out to them! Thank you. Like you said, its not like I wont be staying there haha
Old Dec 17, 2019, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass
Since they stated in my email that upgrade fees were non refundable I held off on upgrading figuring that worst case I'll go to an SOWV at the JW. I know that STR is supposed to be "better" but to me what matters most is the room type I'll be getting.

If I'd be in your shoes I would definitely email them to request either a partial refund or credit towards F&B or further upgrade to higher class room at no additional fee. It doesn't hurt to ask since, as above poster noted you aren't cancelling.

Only thing is that they're super slow to respond lately. I emailed them a day or two ago and still haven't received a reply.
Hm I see, like you guys said I'll contact them and see if I can get anything out of it. They seemed pretty quick at replying before, I guess it's a busy season rn.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.