Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:53 pm

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Regarding the free water in the room, is it also possible to request sparkling water as drinking water?
At Conrad Maldives they have 2 different kinds of their desalinated House-water and I was wondering if it is the same at St. Regis....
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Lookoutitzsean
A ton of GV award availability has opened up! We’re talking every day through December 19th from today.

I have a 5 night award booking at StR. When I called Plat line a week ago about them honoring 60k points rate but my points advance showing 85k per night, they simply added 100k points to my account to make up for it. They didn’t attach any stipulations on this like this, so now I’m tempted to modify the dates to push the trip back a couple days. Anyone think this is safe or do y’all think IT could actually some sort of linkage to pull points away if I modify/cancel the original reservation? The 100k pts they gave me is simply labeled as a “Points Adjustment”.
They did the same for my points advance reservation but warned that they'd take the points back if I modified or cancelled my reservation. Regarding whether or not they actually would claw the points back, I've seen conflicting DPs with some saying they were able to keep the points but many others saying the points were clawed back.
One thing I would be wary of is that I'm sure at the very least they've put a note about the adjustment on the reservation meaning that if you have to call to modify your reservation, the rep may see the note and initiate a clawback. With things like this I think it's very much YMMV. I personally wouldn't but to each their own.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sydneyflyer12
They did the same for my points advance reservation but warned that they'd take the points back if I modified or cancelled my reservation. Regarding whether or not they actually would claw the points back, I've seen conflicting DPs with some saying they were able to keep the points but many others saying the points were clawed back.
One thing I would be wary of is that I'm sure at the very least they've put a note about the adjustment on the reservation meaning that if you have to call to modify your reservation, the rep may see the note and initiate a clawback. With things like this I think it's very much YMMV. I personally wouldn't but to each their own.
If that’s the case then I’ll probably stick with the original. It’s just an extra day I’d have to take off of work and not worth the risk of an extra 100k points. Thanks for the feedback. Is there another thread on the conflicting DPs? I don’t recall reading it on this thread.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Lookoutitzsean

If that’s the case then I’ll probably stick with the original. It’s just an extra day I’d have to take off of work and not worth the risk of an extra 100k points. Thanks for the feedback. Is there another thread on the conflicting DPs? I don’t recall reading it on this thread.
I honestly don't remember exactly where I saw them. I think it was a FT thread about the points advance policy change back in early February.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 12:01 am

Programs: Marriott LTP
Probably not. The water provided is Bonaqua Silver - which is a basic Coca-Cola bottled water product. My wife likes sparkling water though, so I’ll ask...

Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
Regarding the free water in the room, is it also possible to request sparkling water as drinking water?
At Conrad Maldives they have 2 different kinds of their desalinated House-water and I was wondering if it is the same at St. Regis....
Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:05 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
That is so tacky coming from a 2000$ a night hotel. Definitely no desire to stay here. Much better non Bonvoy in the Maldives. Soneva the original Maldives resort is way better.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 1:13 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by fdem
That is so tacky coming from a 2000$ a night hotel. Definitely no desire to stay here. Much better non Bonvoy in the Maldives. Soneva the original Maldives resort is way better.

sorry this quote was in reply to an earlier post re when moving rooms they requested an additional fruit basket and were told that they had to pay for it!
Old Apr 18, 2019, 9:56 am

Am I correct that in order to upgrade from Garden Villa to OWV I have to email the hotel? The Bonvoy phone reps don't have access correct? Any strategy as to when to inquire about paid upgrades? Far out or closer in? I'm traveling in Nov and just switched my points booking from OWV to Garden.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by LonghornFlyer
Am I correct that in order to upgrade from Garden Villa to OWV I have to email the hotel? The Bonvoy phone reps don't have access correct? Any strategy as to when to inquire about paid upgrades? Far out or closer in? I'm traveling in Nov and just switched my points booking from OWV to Garden.
Just drop them an email. Prices are fixed depending on season. The upgrade fee is non refundable and payable at time of confirmation, so that may be the main influencer on when you contact them
Old Apr 19, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Has anyone had any spa treatments they really loved or would recommend?
Old Apr 19, 2019, 4:49 pm

I was quoted $369 for an upgrade from GV to OWV for November. Seems higher than what I've heard before or is that about right? So thoughts on 85K points + $369 to upgrade or 120k points directly into OWV? Is it possible to do split 2 nights in GW and 2 nights in OWV? Will that $369 rate change as availability changes?
Old Apr 19, 2019, 5:11 pm

I was quoted $369 for an upgrade from GV to OWV for November. Seems higher than what I've heard before or is that about right? So thoughts on 85K points + $369 to upgrade or 120k points directly into OWV? Is it possible to do split 2 nights in GW and 2 nights in OWV? Will that $369 rate change as availability changes?
That $369 rate seems to be the standard for GV->OWV in high season. The $492 rate for GV-> SOWV also seems to be standard. These rates seem to be fixed and unaffected by changing availability but that could always change. Whether the $369 option or the 35k point option is a better deal is completely dependent on how many points you have and how you value them.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
November is peak season, and 369 seems to be the standard quote for peak season. If you have one booking for the duration, you have to upgrade all nights or none. And if you booked 5 nights for points paying for 4, the upgrade fee has to be paid for all 5.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
November is peak season, and 369 seems to be the standard quote for peak season. If you have one booking for the duration, you have to upgrade all nights or none. And if you booked 5 nights for points paying for 4, the upgrade fee has to be paid for all 5.
Common knowledge but bears repeating: Upgrades also have to be paid in full up front at the time of the upgrade and are non-cancellable and non-refundable so if you cancel outside of your reservation's cancellation window you'll still get your points back but not the upgrade $$$.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 12:55 am

Kids

I am traveling there family of four (2 kids age 2 and 5 yo). I am booked on points and was told points stay in GV is double occupancy and there is a $100pp per night plus 23% above 2 people. Are people staying with kids also hit with this charge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.