Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by keggers1
We had an incredible time and the exact opposite experience. You are missing out.
For a property of this caliber, I'm surprised that service isn't more consistent - ex your experience vs that of Lkaroo, or the differences between experiences with butlers a few posts up between Anndr000, jjakobv84, and kkl.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:28 pm
kkl

I'd agree with the review, food was mediocre at best. Cargo was average

Oriental was the stand out. crust was good.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kkl
I'd agree with the review, food was mediocre at best. Cargo was average

Oriental was the stand out. crust was good.
Interesting, I would say that Oriental was the weakest of our dinners, and also weakest of food overall. Though I would say the food was generally very good, and better than I expected for a resort.

There is no accounting for individual taste.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 8:36 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club

We had an incredible time and the exact opposite experience. You are missing out.
Although my experience wasn’t as bad as @Lkaroo ‘s, I can totally see this being correct - I’m sad to see service has gotten worse since I went. Our stay was absolutely average - though the butler was amazing, but that’s about it.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 8:57 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Originally Posted by jjakobv84
I've not written a detailed review only a few thoughts, but may be worth a search. I booked 10 nights for 480k in GV and travelled with my wife, 4yr old daughter and 2yr old son and we were complimentary upgraded to the 2BR Family Beach Villa I had not requested upgrade to OWV (nor inquired about pricing, but they may have sent it to me proactively) as I frankly preferred the larger pool of the GV and having the kids on land as opposed to out on the jetty. It then worked out better than I could've dreamed of with the upgrade.

In terms of activities I also cannot help you much given the small kids being with us. We really enjoyed sunset drinks at Whale bar and also did some kayaking, but otherwise just lounged about by the main pool, snorkeled (which we'd taught the kids at home in the tub), ate ice cream, hung out on the beach by the villa, etc.
We're going in June with 2 kids as well and fingers crossed we get the same upgrade!
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:01 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
All these mediocre and below average reviews. If you were paying $300/night here, would you say the same? Or is it anchored by the fact that you are expecting $1500/night service?

I have a 5 night points advance reservation for a Garden Villa in September but it went from 240k to 340k. I’m just planning to wait to call about it until I have the 240k points. I have screenshots of the original reservation. Anyone else’s reservations go up in points and did y’all try to get it fixed??
Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Lookoutitzsean
All these mediocre and below average reviews. If you were paying $300/night here, would you say the same? Or is it anchored by the fact that you are expecting $1500/night service?

I have a 5 night points advance reservation for a Garden Villa in September but it went from 240k to 340k. I’m just planning to wait to call about it until I have the 240k points. I have screenshots of the original reservation. Anyone else’s reservations go up in points and did y’all try to get it fixed??
If you did a point advance booking, it would initially have been changed to the new rates. You can just contact customer services and they will change it back to the original.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat

I agree. My stay was perfect.
ab_initio likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:42 am

Programs: EK Plat
For those of you that had excellent/perfect stays, how busy was the hotel? The hotel was at absolute capacity when we there. Perhaps we were just unlucky.

I don't think my (or our) judgment is clouded by the rate - it would not matter if it was US$300 or US$1500 (or even US$2500 which was the rate for our SOWV) per night. The overall experience was simply not anywhere close to good enough for a 5* hotel nor was the reply from the GM. Even if we wanted to discuss my issues with him prior to departure, we had to settle our invoice immediately after our massages (pretty much the only occasion our butler was very much on time to provide us with something) and the GM was nowhere to be seen in the seaplane area.

To reiterate - we thought the room itself was great although quite a few fittings are askew/falling apart so that doesn't bode well for the future. And we greatly enjoyed being disconnected from the world for a few days although I suspect that has more to do with the nature/location of the Maldives rather than the St Regis itself.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 5:53 am
kkl

Originally Posted by Lookoutitzsean

Disregarding room costs, food costs to quality was average at best

But I'd be go back in again. Spent about 8k usd on when on Island
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LTP, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by kkl

How long was your stay, how many people, and were you platinum (for free breakfast)?
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:10 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
I had really bad experiences with my ambassador at the start but to be honest he's turned a corner and started to show his value and at the same time showed me how bad the Marriott IT / Hotel adhering to the rules are ! I recently came back from St Regis Maldives, I got posted 19K points for my stay which seemed low considering how much I spent, I informed him, and he said he will look into it, he showed me how much the hotel inputted into the system my eligible spend, I couldnt find my folio so I asked him to reach out and do an audit and he did and he just came back and said I would be getting 48K points, which is great news but also extremely annoying that Marriott IT system didn't do a check on eligible spend and it has to be done manually which is where I assume the errors arise and makes me think how many times in the past the hotels have conned me out of points!!

Check your folios y'all. Seems like the hotel might be playing games and not giving out the right amount of points.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:25 pm
kkl

Originally Posted by IAlwaysCall
How long was your stay, how many people, and were you platinum (for free breakfast)?
7 nights / 2 people / plat / booked on the 85k OWV deal
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by kkl

As your Butler seemed to be much more attentive than others, I wonder if they get compensated on the amount of spend the guest has? Our butler was attentive but it certainly felt like she tried to push F&B spend.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:51 am
kkl

Originally Posted by uschpr

As your Butler seemed to be much more attentive than others, I wonder if they get compensated on the amount of spend the guest has? Our butler was attentive but it certainly felt like she tried to push F&B spend.
It did feel like they were pushing the special event nights. Don't think they get a cut of customer spend

My butler was named Shamiu?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.