Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Old Nov 18, 2016, 12:43 am
Original Poster

Here right now. Service is top notch, property is gorgeous. Some construction still ongoing but nothing that will disturb the guests. Yes the Jacob Astor Suite is one of the ones still under construction so it not bookable yet

MODERATOR NOTE: For the pre-opening posts on this property, please see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...-archived.html

Last edited by yosithezet; Dec 9, 2016 at 11:01 pm Reason: Link to pre-opening posts
Old Nov 18, 2016, 1:05 am

Programs: SQ KF
How's the house reef, compared to some others like PH Hadahaa or Conrad?
Old Nov 18, 2016, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by eulerphi8
Here right now. Service is top notch, property is gorgeous. Some construction still ongoing but nothing that will disturb the guests. Yes the Jacob Astor Suite is one of the ones still under construction so it not bookable yet
That's great. Would love some more details when you have time.

Enjoy!
Old Nov 18, 2016, 12:47 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
I think many people here would love to read your trip review
Old Nov 18, 2016, 7:06 pm

Oooooh...ok, I'm there in 2 weeks - any recommendations on which OWB to request? I'm looking for privacy but also great views, and some sand vs. coral to step into.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 7:07 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by tylerc
Oooooh...ok, I'm there in 2 weeks - any recommendations on which OWB to request? I'm looking for privacy but also great views, and some sand vs. coral to step into.
I think you want the St Regis suite.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I think you want the St Regis suite.
That sounds about right! Can you arrange it for me?
Old Nov 18, 2016, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Just some quick thoughts (always feel free to ask specific questions I can try to answer and I can post something longer when I get back).

1. Butler service really is meant to take care of all your needs. All of the staff have had previous experience, many from the Four Seasons or W Maldives. They really emphasize that this is the meant to be the best resort at the Maldives.

2. Service starts immediately as you land in MLE. You get picked up by a SUV and taken to your own lounge to wait for your seaplane. They're using a temporary lounge right now but will have their regular one up and running by the end of the month. Once that's up you can wine and dine in the lounge from meals packed from the resort.

3. Most of all rooms are GORGEOUS and large. Everything state of the art, iPad controls the lights, curtains, AC, etc.. It really is as nice if not nicer than the photos that you see. Bang and Olufsen TV, a TV in the mirror of the bathtub, etc.

4. Don't worry about getting enough water. You'll get plenty of it and I can't imagine you can't get more if you want. It's not a place that is going to nickel-and-dime you.

5. Restaurants are pricey but the food is quite good. Food quality and service at Alba I would say are at or near Michelin-quality. Breakfast is $55 + service charge + tax for non-Plat members. All inclusive, a la carte and buffet. Extensive spread including their signature lobster + caviar omelette.

6. Resort is at 30% capacity right, ~70% of the people are American tourists. Expect both numbers to change in the upcoming months but SPG branding is strong.

7. House reef is recovering from construction--very little color and some dead areas . I don't know how it compares to the other resorts in the Maldives but having dove in other places, the house reef is not very healthy right now. Fish population is quite good--you'll see sharks, turtles, tuna, rays, etc. and they say the coral is recovering. You can take a boat out to other places that will be better. The dive and sports center is top notch and since they're not at full capacity right now you'll get very individualized attention.

8. If you love the Maldives and have a trip booked here, don't worry and be very excited. There are always going to be logistical challenges or some thing that will pop up during your stay but know that they'll do everything they can for the guests. I think it'll only get better as time goes on although it's so nice right now being in such a private location with not that many other guests here.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tylerc
The outer facing OWB are all build in a way that you won't be able to see anyone unless there's a boat passing through. Sunset views are gorgeous--haven't checked out the reef underneath to tell you if there's a particularly good spot but most of the snorkeling you'll probably be doing away from your OWB anyway.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 7:32 pm

The outer facing OWB are all build in a way that you won't be able to see anyone unless there's a boat passing through. Sunset views are gorgeous--haven't checked out the reef underneath to tell you if there's a particularly good spot but most of the snorkeling you'll probably be doing away from your OWB anyway.
Thanks for the writeup. Not that it matters (not like I'd cancel my trip over it, despite it being one of the main draws), but I'm curious - is there _anywhere_ you can snorkel to see the typical coral fishes anywhere around the island, or do you literally have to boat out? (kayak?) Since there are no neighbouring islands, I'm curious how that would work - I'm not excited to spend $400 per day hiring a boat to go snorkeling
Old Nov 18, 2016, 9:08 pm

I currently have 5 nights at Conrad booked, now I'm wondering if I should book here instead. 130k SPG plus upgrade fees (to OWV) similar to Conrad. But I am HH Diamond, the the $110++/day fees will add up. Anybody been to both? I have a Superior WV booked at Conrad.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I currently have 5 nights at Conrad booked, now I'm wondering if I should book here instead. 130k SPG plus upgrade fees (to OWV) similar to Conrad. But I am HH Diamond, the the $110++/day fees will add up. Anybody been to both? I have a Superior WV booked at Conrad.
You need to consider the cost of a time machine to book this place though, and I couldn't find one in stock at Amazon - so it might end up being far more expensive than the Conrad. I'd keep it.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 9:56 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum Ambassador
You need to consider the cost of a time machine to book this place though, and I couldn't find one in stock at Amazon - so it might end up being far more expensive than the Conrad. I'd keep it.
Lol. I'm just excited to hear about there being plenty of water. Now I don't have to bring powder
Old Nov 18, 2016, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by Ants1
Lol. I'm just excited to hear about there being plenty of water. Now I don't have to bring powder
At least water powder. You can still bring powdered vodka if you'd like
Old Nov 18, 2016, 10:51 pm

My understanding is that it's still possible to book a Garden villa for 5 nights using 130k SPG, then upgrade to OWV for about $500/nt

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.