Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:06 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I'm currently looking at booking flights with Singapore Airlines to go from West Cost -> Singapore -> Male since those seems to be cheapest. I have the choice to either overnight it in Singapore and arrive in Male around 1:30 PM, or make a tight-ish connection to get to Male at 11 PM the night before. Which would y'all recommend? It seems like everyone is suggested not to overnight in Male if possible, but I wouldn't have much time to actually do anything in Singapore anyways... suggestions?
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Lookoutitzsean
I'm currently looking at booking flights with Singapore Airlines to go from West Cost -> Singapore -> Male since those seems to be cheapest. I have the choice to either overnight it in Singapore and arrive in Male around 1:30 PM, or make a tight-ish connection to get to Male at 11 PM the night before. Which would y'all recommend? It seems like everyone is suggested not to overnight in Male if possible, but I wouldn't have much time to actually do anything in Singapore anyways... suggestions?
I would probably overnight in Singapore if it was me. 1:30pm is a good time to arrive to ensure that the room will be ready opon arrival. 11pm and you'll be at your hotel after midnight, which I always try to avoid.

If you overnight in Malé, go for the Hotel Jen, free speedboat transfer from and to the airport. 15 minutes each way. The breakfast is very nice, and they can arrange a free guided walking tour of Malé, which is quite nice
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:31 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Lookoutitzsean
We're staying in Singapore before heading to the StR in peak season. Personally prefer the night in Singapore because the airport is convenient to the city so even if you don't have more than a day, you can still see a few things if you want to.
shuuy, ps9a and Lookoutitzsean like this.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 9:04 am

Just being quoted GV to OWV with the supplement charge of USD 492.80 per night for my upcoming April stay....
Old Mar 27, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by SassyAlly
Just being quoted GV to OWV with the supplement charge of USD 492.80 per night for my upcoming April stay....
Is this for regular OWV? Myself and others have been quoted this rate for GV->SOWV for 2019/2020 peak season. I suppose limited availability close in might have driven the GV->OWV rate higher though.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Are you there over Easter? Otherwise it seems very expensive for April.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 9:44 am

Seems pretty high, I was just able to upgrade my stay (GV to OWV) at the end of April for 246.40 inclusive of taxes and service charges.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by guy_listening
Seems pretty high, I was just able to upgrade my stay (GV to OWV) at the end of April for 246.40 inclusive of taxes and service charges.
Did you bargain? My stay is the week before Easter holiday so it shouldn't be that full yet :-(
Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:36 am

I did not bargain, but my stay is over the last week of April into May..
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:03 pm

Here at the StR now, got some info handed to us on arrival.

Platinum benefits and activities schedule attached.
Attached Images     
icec likes this.

Last edited by countingmiles; Mar 28, 2019 at 12:40 am Reason: images too large
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Was looking for some weather info and found there is a weather station on Magoodhoo about 20km / 13mi north east of Vommuli.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/mv/ma...-forecast/5583

Probably the closest one to the island.

There is another on Kudahuvadhoo about 27km north.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 2:58 pm

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
@countingmiles: Can you also post a schedule of the (free?) Yoga and Fitness Classes please?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 12:36 am

Activities schedule
Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
@countingmiles: Can you also post a schedule of the (free?) Yoga and Fitness Classes please?
Both free and extra cost are shown on this same schedule. There should info at the bottom of the flyer indicating which.

Last edited by countingmiles; Mar 28, 2019 at 12:42 am
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:10 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Thanks a lot!!!
Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:30 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jukaks
btw, does anyone have any recommended activities and/or ones that we should avoid or that weren't really worth it? the 'dolphin exploration' seemed pretty cool as does the spa's 'blue lagoon experience'... thoughts?
Blue hole experience I believe - basically the world's largest bathtub with an amazing view. I liked it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.