Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by escape4

Afternoon tea is free.
What exactly do you get with Afternoon Tea? And do they serve it to you in your room?
Have an upcoming stay and thinking of asking for it daily (if it's truly complimentary) and if it comes with some food.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Is there any kind of Happy Hour in the afternoon/evening in the Bar?
Old Apr 7, 2019, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
Is there any kind of Happy Hour in the afternoon/evening in the Bar?
​​​​​There is no happy hour in the bar.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LTP, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver, Delta Silver
I have 5 days booked at the W then 2 at the StR - all in a row. Does anyone know if it possible to take the seaplane out of the W in the morning and catch the next one over to the StR in the same day?
Old Apr 7, 2019, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by IAlwaysCall
I have 5 days booked at the W then 2 at the StR - all in a row. Does anyone know if it possible to take the seaplane out of the W in the morning and catch the next one over to the StR in the same day?
Should be no problem at all. Just let both hotels know of the specifics of the plans, they will coordinate the timings.
IAlwaysCall likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 6:04 pm

Can anyone comment on benefits that have been offered to us lowly Golds? I know the breakfast benefit is huge and I'm trying to squeeze in a few more nights prior to this trip to hit Plat, but it will be very much down to the wire and even if I hit it, the qualifying stays will probably not post until after arrival so upgrade isn't likely (plus recent reports seem to indicate occupancy is higher than ever).
Old Apr 7, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LTP, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by slice
Can anyone comment on benefits that have been offered to us lowly Golds? I know the breakfast benefit is huge and I'm trying to squeeze in a few more nights prior to this trip to hit Plat, but it will be very much down to the wire and even if I hit it, the qualifying stays will probably not post until after arrival so upgrade isn't likely (plus recent reports seem to indicate occupancy is higher than ever).
Book a meeting (rewarding events) and it will get you ten nights. I got a 30 minute meeting for $50.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by rp88
What exactly do you get with Afternoon Tea? And do they serve it to you in your room?
Have an upcoming stay and thinking of asking for it daily (if it's truly complimentary) and if it comes with some food.
I do not believe it is free. My butler said it could be ordered. Another friend said if that was wording then its not free. I am tired of asking how much everything will cost of my butler. Didn’t really need it. So didn’t try.

Whale bar serves a little tray of snacks with your drink order. Best deal here. lol
Old Apr 8, 2019, 1:44 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by rp88
See my review in post #1603 above, immediately above the section "miscellaneous" there is a picture of what we got for afternoon tea. It varied every day and yes it was served in the room. I re-confirm that it was free.

To finish off regarding dining, the butler brought afternoon tea to our room every day unless we had the do not disturb light turned on. Afternoon tea consists of fresh fruits, sweets, and a couple of beverages (ice tea, coconut water, etc.)
sydneyflyer12 likes this.

Last edited by escape4; Apr 8, 2019 at 2:07 am
Old Apr 8, 2019, 1:46 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
I re-confirm that it was fee.
This is an unfortunate typo. Thanks for the confirmation though, will definitely take advantage.
604flyer likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by sydneyflyer12
This is an unfortunate typo. Thanks for the confirmation though, will definitely take advantage.

Yes, very unfortunate typo! Fixed.

It was FREE, not fee
Old Apr 8, 2019, 2:14 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
See my review in post #1603 above, immediately above the section "miscellaneous" there is a picture of what we got for afternoon tea. It varied every day and yes it was served in the room. I re-confirm that it was free.
Mind sharing who your butler was? Looks like he or she did a great job.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by sydneyflyer12
Mind sharing who your butler was? Looks like he or she did a great job.
Our butler was Shirfan (not sure if spelling is correct). He was excellent and we'll ask for him again when we return later this year.
sydneyflyer12 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Our butler was Shirfan (not sure if spelling is correct). He was excellent and we'll ask for him again when we return later this year.
Do you think there is any relationship between the room category and the experience level of the butlers? More experienced ones being assigned to higher category rooms?
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by mjrobson
Do you think there is any relationship between the room category and the experience level of the butlers? More experienced ones being assigned to higher category rooms?
Good question, to be honest I do not know but if I was the hotel manager I would certainly do what you suggest. I will ask next time we stay at the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.