Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2019, 12:40 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by jcave114
I'll be visiting the second week of February with my wife and our 22 month old (wild) baby..Does anyone know if there is an additional charge for a Crib/Play Yard? Also, any perks for small children anyone experienced? I'm Bonvoy Gold and booked a GV using points (5 nights)...so I know we wont get free breakfast or an upgrade due to just being gold, but any tips for our visit with a baby to make the most out of our time there would be greatly appreciated!
Hi jcave114!
St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort has a Children's Club located in the Vommuli House, and it's run by a dedicated, multilingual team of fully certified child carers and offers a daily program full of fun and informative activities. You can see pictures on the hotel website here: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...ommuli-resort/ They do also offer traditional cribs at 110.00 USD per room daily.

Thanks!

Robert V.
Social Media Liaison
Old Dec 12, 2019, 7:01 pm

I read the wiki but I didn’t see this mentioned. I went to make a booking tonight and noticed there is a local fee and taxes of about $1550. This is for 1 night or five nights on points. Does this fee cover anything? Is the fee for the plane transfer?

TIA
Old Dec 12, 2019, 7:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Corridor!
I read the wiki but I didn’t see this mentioned. I went to make a booking tonight and noticed there is a local fee and taxes of about $1550. This is for 1 night or five nights on points. Does this fee cover anything? Is the fee for the plane transfer?

TIA
Yes it's for the seaplane.
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 6:50 am

its $100/night for a baby crib in the room? I’ve never had to pay for that before or is this something different?

Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Hi jcave114!
St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort has a Children's Club located in the Vommuli House, and it's run by a dedicated, multilingual team of fully certified child carers and offers a daily program full of fun and informative activities. You can see pictures on the hotel website here: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...ommuli-resort/ They do also offer traditional cribs at 110.00 USD per room daily.

Thanks!

Robert V.
Social Media Liaison
Old Dec 14, 2019, 11:36 am

Any DPs of upgrade costs from garden villa to 2bed OWV? I’ve emailed them twice but have received no responses. This is during high season (Christmas). The upgraded points cost is 140k/night which is actually acceptable since it’s much less than 2 GVs and on cash, the 2bed OWV seem to be ~2X the cost of a standard GV.

Thoughts on value proposition?
Old Dec 14, 2019, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by tajee165
Any DPs of upgrade costs from garden villa to 2bed OWV? I’ve emailed them twice but have received no responses. This is during high season (Christmas). The upgraded points cost is 140k/night which is actually acceptable since it’s much less than 2 GVs and on cash, the 2bed OWV seem to be ~2X the cost of a standard GV.

Thoughts on value proposition?
I didn't get quotes for upgrade to 2bed OWV for February which is also high season (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31529298-post3158.html), but it would be more than those costs since it's an even higher category room. I would say that 140k per night for a 2bed OWV during Christmas season is a fantastic value especially since the rates I'm currently seeing is 340k per night for a 2bed. So if you see it for 140k I would say to grab it.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by friedablass
I didn't get quotes for upgrade to 2bed OWV for February which is also high season (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31529298-post3158.html), but it would be more than those costs since it's an even higher category room. I would say that 140k per night for a 2bed OWV during Christmas season is a fantastic value especially since the rates I'm currently seeing is 340k per night for a 2bed. So if you see it for 140k I would say to grab it.
Where are you seeing 340k/night? All dates I'm searching for high season are 140k/night. Actually, something very peculiar happens... When I search for 5 nights, it shows 140k/night but then shows 600k for 5 nights. (140k x 4 = 560k) Something I'm missing?

Old Dec 15, 2019, 1:50 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador , Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by abaaz
To anyone who’s done the $300 for $350 dining credit, does this amount cover taxes and service charges?

would you recommend it for a couple with baby for 5 nights if not doing decanter?
if you going to be doing lunch and dinner than yes, they basically add a $1750 credit to your account, so you can use it against F&B as you please
Old Dec 15, 2019, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Where are you seeing 340k/night? All dates I'm searching for high season are 140k/night. Actually, something very peculiar happens... When I search for 5 nights, it shows 140k/night but then shows 600k for 5 nights. (140k x 4 = 560k) Something I'm missing?

Each night is 140K, but for the free 5th night you only get the 100K peak price discounted. The 40K for the premium redemption still need to be paid. Hence the 600K points total.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Dec 15, 2019 at 2:03 am
Old Dec 15, 2019, 1:55 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador , Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Sorry, somewhere in these 230 pages I got lost:
As far as I've understood it's strongly advisable to make dinner reservations before arriving at the hotel?
Or ist that only for Decanter (which we don't want to do)?
We don't care about Western food on vacation (no pizza or hamburgers, no thanks). We already heard that this "Catch your own fish" thing is good value, so we'll probably do that one evening.
But what about the rest? Should we prebook? If so, were?
yes prebook if you want to have dinner early around 7-8.

Check the menu for Orientale and Cargo , we went back to Orientale for dinner multiple times.

Lunch at Alba is good as well.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 4:18 am

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Originally Posted by abaaz
To anyone who’s done the $300 for $350 dining credit, does this amount cover taxes and service charges?

would you recommend it for a couple with baby for 5 nights if not doing decanter?
They put a single charge on your bill, example 5 nights $1500. That amount covers tips & taxes. They also offer a secondary itemized bill for these purchases.

We purchased the $350 for $300 deal and had a hard time using it all. We found ourselves having a huge (free) breakfast, skipping lunch, and an early dinner. The best food / value is Orientale for sure. Cargo was offered a great pre-fixed menu, lots of food for $215. Whale Bar doesn’t have enough options in my option, and is overpriced.

A couple can get away with spending $100 - $175 a day. We are moderate drinkers. Spent 6 nights here, had $1100 to spend last night. I had some great booze at Whale Bar! We opted to not go to Decanter, as we it was way too much food, plus we usually share.

If you intend to dine at Decanter, it might be worth it. As Decanter is $495 pp ($100 off).
Old Dec 15, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Exploring St Regis for early February 2020. Any reviews/comparisons between the St Regis Overwater Suite Oceanfront vs. the Sunset Overwater Villa Oceanside? The point difference is minimal (~15K total over 5 nights) so need help deciding between the 2 rooms. Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 15, 2019, 7:55 am

Sorry, my misunderstanding. I thought you were looking at THIS Christmas (2019) and I was seeing the 340k per night for next week and the following. Currently the 2bed is not even available for most of those nights but I was able to pull it up for the 22nd, see below. In either case, you should grab it for 140k per night.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by haahwee
Exploring St Regis for early February 2020. Any reviews/comparisons between the St Regis Overwater Suite Oceanfront vs. the Sunset Overwater Villa Oceanside? The point difference is minimal (~15K total over 5 nights) so need help deciding between the 2 rooms. Thanks in advance!
All the February dates I'm looking at is 25k points difference for 5 nights (5k per night), but either way its nominal based on the cash upgrade price. I haven't been there but from the research I've done the pool on Sunset side is much warmer which is something most people want. There are other benefits as well but this is the one that was repeatedly mentioned as being the major benefit of a Sunset OWV. I would go for it if I choose to stay at STR which has now become a major consideration when I noticed that booking straight into a Sunset OWV is now less points at STR than at JW (for me its 450k STR vs 520k JW).
Old Dec 15, 2019, 9:05 am

Just got 7 nights in March at an overwater sunset villa for 590k points. Which is crazy because in April when I started looking to book this trip, for the same dates, a sunrise overwater villa was close to a million points for 5 nights (5th night free) and a month ago it was something like 510k points + $1500 or 300k points for a sunrise villa. Prices have been dropping recently and it’s a pretty good deal now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.