Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by milehighflyer88
Hi Everyone,

Today I was supposed to check into the St Regis Maldives for 5 nights for the last part of my long month honeymoon. We were supposed to check into a SOWV.

We landed on EY 278 at 2 PM. On at least 3 separate occasions, I have email and chat confirmation that the staff confirmed my flight details. They even gave me a 3 pm approximate flight confirmation.

Upon arriving at the lounge at approximately 2:30 PM, I am
told the transfer flight on TMA has moved to 510 PM. I find this very odd given I have received emails saying anyone arriving after 4 pm gets left behind. The receptionist tells me they have to wait for additional passengers who have delayed flights on other airlines. At this point I’m a little upset but no big deal. I resign myself to missing the sunset and waiting in the lounge...

The last passengers come at about 455 pm. Then at about 525 pm we board a bus to get on a tma plane at another terminal. Not the St Regis terminal. The plane starts the engine but at the last few minutes the pilots turn around and take us back to the pier. They tell us it’s now to late to take off and we will have to deplane and stay in male one night. They also hinted that they were told to be delayed by the St Regis staff.

We are kept waiting in the heat with our bags at the airport for 45 mins while a bus comes for us. 3 hours later we are Checked in to a local hotel. Later we are told our new flight is boarding at 5 am next day!

Beyond furious as it was obvious the mistake was made by the st Regis staff as they waited too long for late passengers. They sacrificed the entire group for a few late passengers and now we are all stranded. It also was not raining or even very cloudy so they can’t blame weather.

Booked 5 nights for 240K plus $2500+ upgrade to SOWV and $695 x 2 transfers.

I will escalate this to the General Manager of the hotel. Any thoughts on the type of compensation I should ask for?
This is not good at all, I will say being at the resort currently from around 4pm today until after sunset the resort was surrounded by some huge rain showers although the resort itself did not get them. You could see them in the near distance and it blocked out the sunset.

No idea if this had anything to do with your delays but it is not only the weather at the start but during the journey and the rain I could see I would certainly not have wished to fly into.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Hi Everyone,

Today I was supposed to check into the St Regis Maldives for 5 nights for the last part of my long month honeymoon. We were supposed to check into a SOWV.

We landed on EY 278 at 2 PM. On at least 3 separate occasions, I have email and chat confirmation that the staff confirmed my flight details. They even gave me a 3 pm approximate flight confirmation.

Upon arriving at the lounge at approximately 2:30 PM, I am
told the transfer flight on TMA has moved to 510 PM. I find this very odd given I have received emails saying anyone arriving after 4 pm gets left behind. The receptionist tells me they have to wait for additional passengers who have delayed flights on other airlines. At this point I’m a little upset but no big deal. I resign myself to missing the sunset and waiting in the lounge...

The last passengers come at about 455 pm. Then at about 525 pm we board a bus to get on a tma plane at another terminal. Not the St Regis terminal. The plane starts the engine but at the last few minutes the pilots turn around and take us back to the pier. They tell us it’s now to late to take off and we will have to deplane and stay in male one night. They also hinted that they were told to be delayed by the St Regis staff.

We are kept waiting in the heat with our bags at the airport for 45 mins while a bus comes for us. 3 hours later we are Checked in to a local hotel. Later we are told our new flight is boarding at 5 am next day!

Beyond furious as it was obvious the mistake was made by the st Regis staff as they waited too long for late passengers. They sacrificed the entire group for a few late passengers and now we are all stranded. It also was not raining or even very cloudy so they can’t blame weather.

I will escalate this to the General Manager of the hotel. Any thoughts on the type of compensation I should ask for?
That's bad. Really bad.

I'm not that type that would ask for compensation and would try to "go with the flow" as I try as much as possible not to ruin the trip. But this has to be at least 85K points as compensation and they should play smart and give you an upgrade to villa 535 (Sunset St. Regis Suite).

I would be livid if that would happen to me but I don't want to ruin the trip too, so try to look on the bright side, you're still in the Maldives.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold

I can just reiterate what other's have said - this is really really awful and I would be absolutely livid (to put it mildly). 85k points refund PLUS increased F&B credit as well as a further upgrade would be the least they can do for you.

Just curious, how many total pax were there on time and waiting for how many late comers?
Old Nov 24, 2019, 5:46 pm

St Regis Maldives: Best Way to book

Hi,
My wife and I are planning our honeymoon next April at the St. Regis Mauritius. I have a bit less than 300k points with Marriott but no status, she has about 150k with Premier Elite. I just booked a room for 280k points (5 nights). If my wife has status, is it possible we get some perks like free breakfast?

Or is it smarter to cancel and transfer the points to my wife who has status? The challenge is we can only transfer 100k points this year, then have to wait until Jan to transfer. As we also booked flights there is a risk that rooms will not be available?

Also, if we book rooms with points is there any way to purchase a meal option like half board separately?

Thanks

Last edited by pred02; Nov 25, 2019 at 4:08 am
Old Nov 24, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP (probably nothing w/ AA next year :)), Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Is it worth a 10k points per night to upgrade from SOWV to a STR OV Suite? I don't see tons out there distinguishing, just tons of talk about SOWV vs OWV.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass
I can just reiterate what other's have said - this is really really awful and I would be absolutely livid (to put it mildly). 85k points refund PLUS increased F&B credit as well as a further upgrade would be the least they can do for you.

Just curious, how many total pax were there on time and waiting for how many late comers?
update: the hotel flew us in early this morning and they offered significant concessions. I will keep the details private but they owned up to their mistake.

I would just consider this as a remote possibility if you are flying on afternoon flight.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 10:16 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by shgroamer
Is it worth a 10k points per night to upgrade from SOWV to a STR OV Suite? I don't see tons out there distinguishing, just tons of talk about SOWV vs OWV.
Reason behind it is that the STR OV suite can't be differentiated between the one on the sunset side and the others on the sunrise side. Unless you can guarantee villa no. 535, then the SOWV is your best bet.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 4:08 am

Hi,

My wife actually had 181k. So I cancelled the reservation, transfered the 100k points and then she booked using her Platinum Elite Status.

I guess i have to wait until Jan 1st to transfer another 100k so we can book other hotels on our trip (in India).

Thanks
Old Nov 25, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
update: the hotel flew us in early this morning and they offered significant concessions. I will keep the details private but they owned up to their mistake.

I would just consider this as a remote possibility if you are flying on afternoon flight.
I’m glad it worked out. This is why I just decided to stay overnight in Male given a mid-afternoon flight arrival for my trip to the W Maldives later this week.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Mr Bios
Hi

Can anyone recommend best OWV "room number" for good view and warm pool between 501 and 516, else might have to go for SOWV ?

Thanks
I was there last week and was pretty diligent about trying to get a warm pool on the "sunrise" side along with reasonable privacy. I asked for 507 as my top request because it seemed like it faced out more towards the ocean vs other villas or back toward the jetty/beach. I was happy with it and probably about as good as I could get on that side.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: Delta - Diamond, Bonvoy - Ambassador
Is there an ATM at the resort? So that we don't have to carry cash for tips at the end of the trip. Or is there the option to add any additional gratuity to our bill on the final day? (not wanting to start a debate on tipping culture just don't want to carry way more cash than I normally do )
Old Nov 25, 2019, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by yumcat
Is there an ATM at the resort? So that we don't have to carry cash for tips at the end of the trip. Or is there the option to add any additional gratuity to our bill on the final day? (not wanting to start a debate on tipping culture just don't want to carry way more cash than I normally do )
You can either add the tips to your room bill or withdraw cash from the hotel for a 5% charge.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by yumcat
I added tip on the final day before I finalized the bill. I was also able to designate x amount for the butler and x amount for the room attendant.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 1:25 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador , Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by LonghornFlyer
I was there last week and was pretty diligent about trying to get a warm pool on the "sunrise" side along with reasonable privacy. I asked for 507 as my top request because it seemed like it faced out more towards the ocean vs other villas or back toward the jetty/beach. I was happy with it and probably about as good as I could get on that side.
was the water warm ?

and was the view straight to the ocean ?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: United 1k, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
edit: nm

Last edited by Lavezzi; Nov 26, 2019 at 10:38 am Reason: nm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.