Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2019, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by Shunted
Will anyone be there 15-20th?
november or December?
Old Nov 12, 2019, 4:28 pm

I'm trying to set up dinner reservations and the hotel said they booked me for 1900 with the other seating being after 2100. 2100 seems a bit late but anything I should consider regarding which dinner time is better?
Old Nov 13, 2019, 12:44 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by LonghornFlyer
I'm trying to set up dinner reservations and the hotel said they booked me for 1900 with the other seating being after 2100. 2100 seems a bit late but anything I should consider regarding which dinner time is better?
Just returned from the hotel. Yes. There are only two seatings. First seating is 630-7pm and second seating is 830-9pm. They may be able to squeeze you in between seatings but you will have to wait for a while for service and food.... You are better off sticking with the reservation time.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Yes, My wife and I will be partaking in this.. (response to Htown about Decanter Chef dinner on Friday)

Last edited by jordan408; Nov 13, 2019 at 10:56 am Reason: add more context
Old Nov 13, 2019, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by onaward
november or December?
November
Old Nov 14, 2019, 4:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by onaward
november or December?
We'll be arriving at your departure.. Our stay is from 11/20-11/25, will be reporting back after our trip. Or maybe during
Old Nov 14, 2019, 6:21 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Shunted
November
I just arrived today. Let me know if you want to have a drink sometime!

Managed to score a significant upgrade from GV to one of the two bedroom beach villas. Titanium status came good for sure.

We have Katie as our butler and she is phenomenal!
Antarius and jjakobv84 like this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Property looks gorgeous. I keep debating whether I want to go - my concern is, I get ancy quickly and want to do things constantly. So my fear is I'd feel a wee bit trapped.

Penny for your thoughts?
Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, KE elite, United Gold
Originally Posted by Europeanexplorer

Managed to score a significant upgrade from GV to one of the two bedroom beach villas. Titanium status came good for sure.

Thats awesome! How did you manage to pull that off
I'm Titanium booked on points for GV also, going on december 10~15.
I hope I can get the upgrade to 2b-BV as you did-! I prefer them to the OWV or SOWV.

Are you traveling in a larger group than two? I wonder they give 2 bedroom BV for just 2 people

Last edited by xrapidox; Nov 14, 2019 at 11:30 am
Old Nov 14, 2019, 11:38 am

Nice to hear! Did they upgrade your reservation ahead of time, or upgrade when you check in at the lounge?
Old Nov 14, 2019, 6:26 pm

Not sure how I pulled that off to be honest! We are only a party of two, so this massive villa is completely unnecessary. Not that I am complaining: the location is great and the space is stunning.

I did not enquire about an upgrade or request one. I wanted something on land rather than over water, so I was hoping for a BV (as they were still wide open for my dates). The afternoon before our arrival the Bonvoy App updated to a BV. It then further updated to the 2BBV in the evening.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Wow! You really lucked out!

Enjoy your stay.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: Delta Diamond 360, Bonvoy Plt, Hyatt Globalist
Hello. I’m about to make my first trip to the Maldives this July for 3 nights. I am Bonvoy Platinum and will use points. I’m torn between the W Maldives and the StR. They are both 80K points per night, and I will use cash to upgrade to an overwater room. Interestingly, the W wants more to upgrade. The W wants $500 (including taxes/fees) for a Specular Lagoon Oasis. However, the StR wants $250 (including taxes) for OWV and $370 for an OWV Sunset.

I was initially concerned about the W owing to my experience with its spotty service in the US. But, after reading reviews of the W (TripAdvisor members rank it higher), i was convinced otherwise. Plus, supposedly, it has a more Maldivian feel (thatchet roofs, etc), a better Reef and more reasonable F&B. But, with the upgrade, the F&B difference is more than accounted for.

Last edited by iazflyer; Nov 15, 2019 at 8:08 am
Old Nov 15, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: Delta - Diamond, Bonvoy - Ambassador

How is the rain? Is it all day? Just a couple of hours? Super heavy? I arrive on Nov 29th.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by yumcat
How is the rain? Is it all day? Just a couple of hours? Super heavy? I arrive on Nov 29th.
It’s very variable.

We had no rain on the first day, some in the morning on the second day and it rained this morning. The showers are short, heavy and usually followed by clear to partly cloudy skies. The wind has already turned so we are now in the “less wet” season.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.