Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2019, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by friedablass
If you charge it to the Brilliant card does it count towards the $300 Marriott credit?
I don't know, as I don't live in a country where I am eligible for that card.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by Harry2020
To anyone who received comp upgrade, did you email in advance asking for a specific room type?

Thanks
Just recently completed a 7 night stay oct 21-28. I'm a gold and booked on points before category 8 went into effect. I emailed asking for a possible upgrade to a BV about 2 weeks out then followed up with live chat once that became available in the app. Both times they told me they would do their best. Checked about 24 hours before checkin and it showed I was now in a BV. Loved the room. Our butler also was able to get us into a sunset overwater villa for our last night no charge. Incredible room as well. Enjoyed checking both rooms out, would have liked to do a few more in the sunset villa. Was nice to see golds treated so well as their seems to be a lot of platinum members that choose the resort.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by friedablass
If you charge it to the Brilliant card does it count towards the $300 Marriott credit?
You are able to clear any part of your balance at the reception area. This is what I did after our first dinner. $300 credit posted no problem. I'd suggest doing that.
friedablass likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 3:15 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Josh Bastian
Just recently completed a 7 night stay oct 21-28. I'm a gold and booked on points before category 8 went into effect. I emailed asking for a possible upgrade to a BV about 2 weeks out then followed up with live chat once that became available in the app. Both times they told me they would do their best. Checked about 24 hours before checkin and it showed I was now in a BV. Loved the room. Our butler also was able to get us into a sunset overwater villa for our last night no charge. Incredible room as well. Enjoyed checking both rooms out, would have liked to do a few more in the sunset villa. Was nice to see golds treated so well as their seems to be a lot of platinum members that choose the resort.
Agree. They do not seem overly concerned with status, and rather trying to make all guests happy. I had a 10 night points redemption prior to cat 8 and I was Silver at the time and got upgraded from a GV to the 2BR BV (was traveling with a 4 and 2 year old) -- very impressed and frankly has driven me to be Marriott loyal this year and may make Titanium. I really don't care about upgrades when I travel for business, but when a resort steps up that way when I'm with the family it goes a loooooong way.
TerryK and 3rdworldresident like this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 4:22 pm

Anyone here in November?

Excited for a week at the St Regis, booked via 7nt certificate prior to merger.

Hope the rain passes quickly and fingers crossed for a owv. (Platinum)

anyone else have a stay here this month?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 9:15 pm

Does anyone know about these “member” perks?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 10:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Josh Bastian
You are able to clear any part of your balance at the reception area. This is what I did after our first dinner. $300 credit posted no problem. I'd suggest doing that.
Thanks, will do that.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Mikechan
Does anyone know about these “member” perks?
Yes, they are regular "perks". I believe the first three aren't outlined in the welcome letter because they only happen once a week and may not happen during your stay depending on duration length. You can also ask for a back of the house tour and a tour of the largest overwater suite (maybe worth doing if it is rainy).
Old Oct 31, 2019, 12:10 pm

Has anyone used their baby sitting service? I was initially quoted $25++/hour, and now another email saying $40 net/hour. What is it supposed to be?
Will be heading there end of November and really looking forward to it!
Old Oct 31, 2019, 8:14 pm

Im at the resort from nov 10-15
Old Nov 1, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive
From Ben at OMAAT "During the month of May, all point reservations will enjoy complimentary breakfast and dinner. Dinner will be set menu in selected restaurants. Book now and stay half board at best address in Maldives"
Just made a booking
Old Nov 2, 2019, 2:25 am

I booked for May 2020 few months ago with points + nonrefundable cash upgrade to OWV. When I go into my reservation it says
“Additional Information
During the month of May, all point reservations will enjoy
complimentary breakfast and dinner. Dinner will be set menu in
selected restaurants. Book now and stay half board at best
address in Maldives.”
Am I good to go or should I call and confirm?
Old Nov 2, 2019, 4:48 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I want to book on points for 5 nights in January.
Does it make sense to book an overwater villa or will we most likely be upgraded to one anyway?
Do you get a better upgrade if you book an overwater villa?
I’m Titanium.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 5:30 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Does it make sense to book an overwater villa or will we most likely be upgraded to one anyway?
I’m Titanium.
If you book an OWV you have a chance to be upgraded to a sunset OWV
Old Nov 3, 2019, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
I’m Titanium.
You are there in the absolute peak season. You should book a room that you are happy with,i.e. if you want to be sure to get an overwater any version. Book it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.