Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2019, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Mr Bios
was the water warm ?

and was the view straight to the ocean ?
Imo, it wasn't warm but it was fine for a dip but thats a matter of opinion I suppose. I don't think you'll find any warmer than what we had just based on location as prior discussions have stated that the warmer pools are the ones that face east and west rather than the ones at the top of the U facing north. See the wiki pinned at the top. The tradeoff is at the top of the U facing north you have ultimate privacy. And yes I chose it because it was as much straight out to the ocean as you could get for a overwater villa that would still get some sun on the pool, unless you want a colder pool facing north at the top of the U. So its basically:

Overwater villa:
Face north - no direct sun on pool so it will be the coldest of any of the villas but privacy straight out to the ocean
Face east - direct sun on the pool and try to pick a villa around 507 to get as much of a view out to the ocean as you can with some of the beach and other villas in the periphery. Said another way, if i'm walking around naked in the villa the only people I was really concerned about seeing us would have been anyone who may have been snorkeling out front (that would be an issue with any villa) or someone in the beach villas with binoculars

Face west is all sunset overwater villas which have privacy and direct sun, with the tradeoff obviously being cost
Mr Bios likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by shgroamer
Is it worth a 10k points per night to upgrade from SOWV to a STR OV Suite? I don't see tons out there distinguishing, just tons of talk about SOWV vs OWV.
Checked out 508, the STR OV SUITE facing east /sun rise. It is a lot more spacious than regular SOWV as it has a separate living area. I think the official website represents the room pretty accurately. My friend was an Ambassador member. He was there on points and got upgraded to STR OV Suite. Depends if you are points rich, if so go for it!
Old Nov 26, 2019, 1:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by shgroamer
Is it worth a 10k points per night to upgrade from SOWV to a STR OV Suite? I don't see tons out there distinguishing, just tons of talk about SOWV vs OWV.
Originally Posted by l380
Checked out 508, the STR OV SUITE facing east /sun rise. It is a lot more spacious than regular SOWV as it has a separate living area. I think the official website represents the room pretty accurately. My friend was an Ambassador member. He was there on points and got upgraded to STR OV Suite. Depends if you are points rich, if so go for it!
We stayed 1 night in 508 (first night) and 8 nights in 535 - they are the 2 St. Regis Suits directly across from each other with 508 being sunrise and 535 being sunset.

508 was nice but it's no comparison to 535 on the sunset side. I would say 508 is pretty optimally placed on the inner curve, but is a lot less private than the resort map would indicate. Because it's so wide, you have direct views to the island, ocean and rooms at the end of the pier.

Where as with 535 it's almost totally private, the pool was a perfect temperature all day and night and the sunsets were amazing.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:07 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You can always call up or email the hotel telling them that your spouse is Platinum status (provide reservation # and your spouse member #) and see if management can extend the Plat benefits (ie Breakfast) to your reservation.

We've done this in a few Marriotts, where my spouse is only gold, and I'm Titanium. They all have extended the benefits for us and given us the breakfast.

Transferring points is the best, so your wife can continue to maintain status with the elite nights..
Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Southwest Rapid Rewards A-List, HHonors Gold

Make sure to ask about F&B credit which gives you $350 credit for $300 prepaid each night, especially if you’re doing decanter. Our butler didn’t mention this but it was on the iPad in the room (see screenshot). Bonvoy members also get $100 off per person for decanter.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:18 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Southwest Rapid Rewards A-List, HHonors Gold

This is the latest in room mini bar prices (as of Nov 26) since someone asked for it
Old Nov 28, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, KE elite, United Gold
Originally Posted by htown

Make sure to ask about F&B credit which gives you $350 credit for $300 prepaid each night, especially if you’re doing decanter. Our butler didn’t mention this but it was on the iPad in the room (see screenshot). Bonvoy members also get $100 off per person for decanter.
Does anyone know if $350 per day needs to be consumed each day? or Can I use the money however I like within the stay? ie. 1000 on 1 night and 500 for 4 nights
Old Nov 28, 2019, 6:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by xrapidox
Does anyone know if $350 per day needs to be consumed each day? or Can I use the money however I like within the stay? ie. 1000 on 1 night and 500 for 4 nights
You do not need to consume USD350 per day - you just need to spend the total amount over the course of your stay. For anyone who does the Decanter, this offer is a no-brainer.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 6:43 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Do you have to book that for every day of your stay? Or can you book that for select days only (in other words, can you choose a lower amount)?
Old Nov 28, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat, KE elite, United Gold
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Do you have to book that for every day of your stay? Or can you book that for select days only (in other words, can you choose a lower amount)?
it has to be purchased at the time of check-in, for the whole stay.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Thanks.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 7:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by luxbookers
For all Maldives lover! Just booked 6 nights in April 2020 for Easter holiday at St Regis Maldives Vommuli and return seaplane is free for Bonvoy members! Here are the details.

Rate Details

Rewards Cash and Points

Additional Information

• Book 6 nights or more in April 2020 to receive complimentary
    • return seaplane transfers from Male for two. Seaplane transfer
      • value is 1490 dollars for two guests. Offer valid for two
        • guests only. Additional persons chargeable at regular seaplane
          • rate
Wow, this is great savings. I can't change my trip to April because we have a family trip elsewhere planned for that month, but its definitely a worthwhile offer
Old Dec 1, 2019, 3:29 am

Programs: AsiaMiles/Avios/VirginFlyingClub
Originally Posted by xrapidox
it has to be purchased at the time of check-in, for the whole stay.
Hi,

does it mean if I stay seven night in the hotel, I can’t just purchase 5 credit packages?

kyros
Old Dec 1, 2019, 3:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by kyrosho
Hi,

does it mean if I stay seven night in the hotel, I can’t just purchase 5 credit packages?

kyros
That is correct. If you stay for seven nights, you have to purchase USD300 x 7. You cannot just get the package for five nights.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 4:15 am

Programs: AsiaMiles/Avios/VirginFlyingClub
Originally Posted by Europeanexplorer
That is correct. If you stay for seven nights, you have to purchase USD300 x 7. You cannot just get the package for five nights.
that’s much more than I can spent lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.