Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2021, 4:19 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
sorry wrong quote
Old Mar 24, 2021, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by Still
Yes stayed both water and beach villas. Was fine, spacious and bright, drawbacks are plunge pool being the smallest among all villas, twin beds room upstairs is not internally connected to downstairs one, need to use a side door which leads to stairs up(no air con and semi visible from outside) and a room key to open the door upstairs. Also air con was too noisy for me during the night.
Im coming with 2 small children (9-11).. so if in understand you correctly if they need to come to us during the night they need to go outside?
Old Mar 24, 2021, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by hdejongh
Im coming with 2 small children (9-11).. so if in understand you correctly if they need to come to us during the night they need to go outside?
The stairs is shielded by the wooden grill front of the villa( hence semi visible from outside with lights on), it has a door and can be locked from inside only, so they don’t need to go through main door/main bedroom to go outside and vice versa
Old Mar 24, 2021, 5:44 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Originally Posted by Still
twin beds room upstairs is not internally connected to downstairs one, need to use a side door which leads to stairs up(no air con and semi visible from outside)
In my opinion, one of the biggest advantages, having 2 entrances, as you can share the 2 bdrm with friends. Upgrade charges are only 200$++. if staying on points.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by mb123
In my opinion, one of the biggest advantages, having 2 entrances, as you can share the 2 bdrm with friends. Upgrade charges are only 200$++. if staying on points.
agree for adults
Old Mar 25, 2021, 1:02 am

Pool temp?

How warm/cold are the over water villa pools? Does location make a difference? We are booked in a over water villa and would like a warm pool as well as privacy (I.e not viewable from other villa or the beach. What location (room numbers) would be ideal to accomplish this? I am a titanium member do they offer elite upgrades if available they are available or is this wishful thinking.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 1:06 pm

Programs: Gold Member w/Hilton & Marriott
I’m visiting St Regis Maldives on May 16-21, 2021.

Have already booked my reservations at Orientale, Cargo & Alba. Decanter private dinning sounds too expensive. May be we’ll add jungle cinema private dinning.

Wanted to ask, how’s the COVID-19 protocols at Maldives Airport? How much time does it take from Immigration to St Regis Lounge? Since the COVID cases are rising, we wanted to know how’s the whole situation out there and what steps are they taking?

Also, we read in one of the news article that if a passenger test positive during the stay, all the other passengers who were in the same flight also have to quarantine for 14 days no matter they test negative or positive. It’s a part of contact tracing by Maldives Govt. Is this true?
Old Mar 25, 2021, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by AnandC

Have already booked my reservations at Orientale, Cargo & Alba. Decanter private dinning sounds too expensive. May be we’ll add jungle cinema private dinning.

Wanted to ask, how’s the COVID-19 protocols at Maldives Airport? How much time does it take from Immigration to St Regis Lounge? Since the COVID cases are rising, we wanted to know how’s the whole situation out there and what steps are they taking?

Also, we read in one of the news article that if a passenger test positive during the stay, all the other passengers who were in the same flight also have to quarantine for 14 days no matter they test negative or positive. It’s a part of contact tracing by Maldives Govt. Is this true?
14 days? it will probably be 10 days! The solution is simple book a 10 day stay:-)
Old Mar 25, 2021, 1:23 pm

• I called the resort to inquire about Decanter. I was told that they are only offering private (in Decanter) right now due to COVID protocols. The price with taxes and surcharges will be $1000. Depending on the wine that could be a acceptable number. But I would assume since it would only be 2 people the wines would be of a lesser category. If 3 or 4 couples where dinning together full bottles of each sample could be consumed but with just one couple that is not possible. Leaving to question what happens to the rest of the bottle and making me think that any sommelier would refrain from opening any bottles he would find it a crime to not see finished.

Old Mar 25, 2021, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Courtney Alicia Pace
  • I called the resort to inquire about Decanter. I was told that they are only offering private (in Decanter) right now due to COVID protocols. The price with taxes and surcharges will be $1000. Depending on the wine that could be a acceptable number. But I would assume since it would only be 2 people the wines would be of a lesser category. If 3 or 4 couples where dinning together full bottles of each sample could be consumed but with just one couple that is not possible. Leaving to question what happens to the rest of the bottle and making me think that any sommelier would refrain from opening any bottles he would find it a crime to not see finished.

maybe they use a coravin system...
Old Mar 25, 2021, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Courtney Alicia Pace

I did get Decanter quotation from St Regis via email. USD790 + 10% Service + 12% GST = USD 971 per person. That's roughly USD 2000 for 2 people and honestly, it's not our budget. If it was around USD 600-700 for 2 people, we would have loved to go ahead but since it's only private dinning, the price is too high for us.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 2:56 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Gold
I did get Decanter quotation from St Regis via email. USD790 + 10% Service + 12% GST = USD 971 per person. That's roughly USD 2000 for 2 people and honestly, it's not our budget. If it was around USD 600-700 for 2 people, we would have loved to go ahead but since it's only private dinning, the price is too high for us.
We are just going to miss you. My wife and I will be there from May10-15th after a 10 days stay at the WA! I was also thinking about trying to get some couples together for Decanter. Does not sound like it will happen if they are only doing private dining .
We have been to the WA once but not the St. Regis
Old Mar 25, 2021, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

It really depends on the time of day you land. And probably a bit of luck. It seems the main rush hour is mornings, I have seen a number of reports of chaos and hour long waits for people who land in the 7am to 9am window. We landed at 3pm in January, and could walk directly to the people checking our registration in the government Covid-19 system, and then directly to an immigration officer with zero waiting time.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by Moflav
We are just going to miss you. My wife and I will be there from May10-15th after a 10 days stay at the WA! I was also thinking about trying to get some couples together for Decanter. Does not sound like it will happen if they are only doing private dining .
We have been to the WA once but not the St. Regis
Oh that's pretty close haha!

Let me know how it was at St Regis. Would love to know the weather before leaving. Since the month of May is the starting season of monsoon, I'm just little sceptical about sunny weather all the time.

BTW, we are going to WA in October. Excited for that too since the villas are more spacious and more options for restaurants.

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It really depends on the time of day you land. And probably a bit of luck. It seems the main rush hour is mornings, I have seen a number of reports of chaos and hour long waits for people who land in the 7am to 9am window. We landed at 3pm in January, and could walk directly to the people checking our registration in the government Covid-19 system, and then directly to an immigration officer with zero waiting time.
So I land at 9:40am which is the rush hour I guess. Since cases are rising in my Bombay city, last year we had to cancel Conrad Maldives due to lockdown, I just hope this year there's no jinx to our plans lol. Though we have already taken first dose of vaccination and by April, we will be done with 2nd dose of vaccination. Don't know how much that will help but taking the best precautions we can.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 9:28 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt
My fiance and I will be going back to St Regis Maldives May 22nd to May 27th. We are intrested in doing the private dining at Decanter. We were just there December 2020 and they told us if we can get a group of 8 guest we can get the whole private dinner at $495 per person. We had talked to alot of guest and become friends with some but unfortunately we could not get all 8 guest that are needed so they were charging us $790 per person to do the Decanter private dining. Attached is the Menu that was givien to us if anyone is intrested in doing this private dining experience with us.

We also spoke with the sommelier that would be doing the wine pairing and he would offer the opportunity to let us do a blind taste test.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.