Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2019, 10:47 pm

Programs: United 1k, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
We are here at the moment, but unfortunately have had issues with water leaks from the ceiling in both the walk-in wardrobe and the bathroom in our SOWV. They have had a maintenance team come out every single day since we have been here to fix the new leaks that occur, but at this stage it's getting a little ridiculous.

Has anyone been in the same situation, and if so was there an amicable resolution? It's not a huge inconvenience in the grand scheme of things, but I do think it's a dangerous event to happen on a reoccurring basis as with the type of flooring they have it's definitely a slip hazard.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
I would just reach out to them. It’s not like you’re canceling, you just want the lower rate.
Originally Posted by friedablass
Since they stated in my email that upgrade fees were non refundable I held off on upgrading figuring that worst case I'll go to an SOWV at the JW. I know that STR is supposed to be "better" but to me what matters most is the room type I'll be getting.

If I'd be in your shoes I would definitely email them to request either a partial refund or credit towards F&B or further upgrade to higher class room at no additional fee. It doesn't hurt to ask since, as above poster noted you aren't cancelling.

Only thing is that they're super slow to respond lately. I emailed them a day or two ago and still haven't received a reply.
They replied to me, saying that they will put the excess amount toward the incidentals during the check out!
I'm assuming it's good for any incidental fees such as dining/spa/activities?
Old Dec 20, 2019, 6:15 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Jinkyu Im
They replied to me, saying that they will put the excess amount toward the incidentals during the check out!
I'm assuming it's good for any incidental fees such as dining/spa/activities?
Wow, that's amazing! I would think that all those things qualify and perhaps check with them if it can go towards the seaplane transfer as well.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 6:28 am

Wow, that's amazing! I would think that all those things qualify and perhaps check with them if it can go towards the seaplane transfer as well.
I had to pay for seaplane transfer in advance for my credit card spending.. and I qualify for half boarding during my stay.. so I guess I'll have a fancy vacation with activities, spa and more!
Old Dec 20, 2019, 4:34 pm

So I’m gold, staying on points next month and have no time left for a status challenge...is there any other ways to get free breakfast?
Old Dec 21, 2019, 3:55 am

Unfortunately, I don't think so
Old Dec 21, 2019, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Never mind.

Last edited by TerryK; Dec 21, 2019 at 6:46 am
Old Dec 21, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Is that true? Do you really get Titanium status just by having the Centurion card?
Old Dec 21, 2019, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Is that true? Do you really get Titanium status just by having the Centurion card?
Whoops. I mis-read it. Only Bonvoy Gold now. It used to be SPG Gold = Bonvoy Platinum.
ChocolateFactory likes this.

Last edited by TerryK; Dec 21, 2019 at 7:08 am
Old Dec 22, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
I need some votes/opinions here. Should I do a St Regis OWV with the oversized villa and pool but probably not on the Sunset side, or a regular Sunset OWV so we get a warm pool? I love swimming and a larger pool would be great but the warm pool on the Sunset side is something I really want too...
Old Dec 22, 2019, 1:00 pm

Is it worth upgrading from an SOWV to the St Regis Suite? Right now I can switch my days around and make it work by only paying extra $100 for the entire stay, same amount of points. Only negative is that I would have to switch my award flight a bit and wait for space to open up.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 3:57 pm

Wish there was more than one Sunset St Regis suite
mjrobson likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 3:37 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ps9a
Thanks, jjakobv84! Sounds like no sofa upstairs. Oddly, the website lists a large fee for the roll-away for this room category. Rollaway beds permitted: 1 at 330.00 USD per night . I don't remember a charge in the past, but maybe something new.
There's a sofa downstairs, but I wouldn't want to sleep on it. The lounger on the deck is probably better. Honestly I don't recall if there's a sofa in the corner on the top floor; there's definitely one on the deck of the top floor that I suppose could be brought in without much hassle. I was quoted a $100++ for a rollaway bed for my 4 year old including breakfast (we ended up not needing the bed so just did breakfast which was $35++ -- not a terrible surcharge for the bed considering the overall price level...). I assume you've been quoted the rate for a 3rd adult, which may not be right if you're booked into the 2BR. Try to write them again...

To be honest, if I were you, I'd just be sure they knew you are showing up 5, and then figure out a way to make it work. Your kids are young enough that you can figure something out and, as said, bring in something from the deck if it really comes to it...

Jakob
Old Dec 23, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by jjakobv84
There's a sofa downstairs, but I wouldn't want to sleep on it. The lounger on the deck is probably better. Honestly I don't recall if there's a sofa in the corner on the top floor; there's definitely one on the deck of the top floor that I suppose could be brought in without much hassle. I was quoted a $100++ for a rollaway bed for my 4 year old including breakfast (we ended up not needing the bed so just did breakfast which was $35++ -- not a terrible surcharge for the bed considering the overall price level...). I assume you've been quoted the rate for a 3rd adult, which may not be right if you're booked into the 2BR. Try to write them again...

To be honest, if I were you, I'd just be sure they knew you are showing up 5, and then figure out a way to make it work. Your kids are young enough that you can figure something out and, as said, bring in something from the deck if it really comes to it...

Jakob
Thanks-- I ended up just booking the 2br beach villa for kids + nanny and an overwater suite for my wife and me. Cash + points rates are cheap enough now that I think the extra privacy is probably worth it.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I need some votes/opinions here. Should I do a St Regis OWV with the oversized villa and pool but probably not on the Sunset side, or a regular Sunset OWV so we get a warm pool? I love swimming and a larger pool would be great but the warm pool on the Sunset side is something I really want too...
now if only you had the most beautiful, incredibly warm ocean water you’ve ever seen instead of a chlorinated tank under your villa... oh wait?

i really don’t get the fuss of pools in the maldives. like what’s the point of these ginormous pools when you have quite literally the most crystal clear inviting water 2 steps away from the beach/WV?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.