Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by rvlcr
now if only you had the most beautiful, incredibly warm ocean water you’ve ever seen instead of a chlorinated tank under your villa... oh wait?

i really don’t get the fuss of pools in the maldives. like what’s the point of these ginormous pools when you have quite literally the most crystal clear inviting water 2 steps away from the beach/WV?
I think it's a matter of relaxing and having a drink or snacks by the pool. Where would you place the glass you're drinking in the crystal clear water?
Old Dec 24, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
I think it's a matter of relaxing and having a drink or snacks by the pool. Where would you place the glass you're drinking in the crystal clear water?
If you can mostly keep your head upright, a beer-dispensing helmet will solve your problem
Old Dec 24, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ps9a
If you can mostly keep your head upright, a beer-dispensing helmet will solve your problem

Would love to see that in the Maldives
Old Dec 26, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ps9a
Thanks-- I ended up just booking the 2br beach villa for kids + nanny and an overwater suite for my wife and me. Cash + points rates are cheap enough now that I think the extra privacy is probably worth it.
I'm unfortunately not as (point) rich -- sounds nice. You should be sure to check out the 2BR villa when you're there for future reference
Old Dec 27, 2019, 12:20 pm

Do the over water St. Regis suite pools get good sunshine? And how is the snorkeling off these suites?
Old Dec 28, 2019, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by vikasr
Do the over water St. Regis suite pools get good sunshine? And how is the snorkeling off these suites?
Writing as someone who has an upcoming trip but who hasn’t been - so others with experience, feel free to chime in. I updated the wiki with a link to the updated resort map PDF another member shared in which you can see where the St Regis Suites are placed. They are located in all three sections of OWVs - inward facing the island (which previous posters and reviewers have said don’t get sun past the morning and therefore their pools stay cold), outward toward the ocean but not sunset (don’t know about these pools), or sunset (good sun, warm pools). The problem with a St Regis Suite is that you don’t get to pay more to decide which one you get like you do with the OWV v SOWV, and there is only one sunset St Regis Suite. That’s why for our upcoming trip, even though I had the points to do a St Regis Suite, I put us in a SOWV for the first five nights to guarantee the warm pool/sun, and then I’ve booked a St Regis Suite for the sixth night just to see it. You can always request the sunset one but they won’t guarantee it for you, and for me the chance of not getting the sunset one despite the request wasn’t worth it.

I assume re snorkeling, the answer would be the same - depends which one you get, and you won’t get to choose.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by meehgz
Writing as someone who has an upcoming trip but who hasn’t been - so others with experience, feel free to chime in. I updated the wiki with a link to the updated resort map PDF another member shared in which you can see where the St Regis Suites are placed. They are located in all three sections of OWVs - inward facing the island (which previous posters and reviewers have said don’t get sun past the morning and therefore their pools stay cold), outward toward the ocean but not sunset (don’t know about these pools), or sunset (good sun, warm pools). The problem with a St Regis Suite is that you don’t get to pay more to decide which one you get like you do with the OWV v SOWV, and there is only one sunset St Regis Suite. That’s why for our upcoming trip, even though I had the points to do a St Regis Suite, I put us in a SOWV for the first five nights to guarantee the warm pool/sun, and then I’ve booked a St Regis Suite for the sixth night just to see it. You can always request the sunset one but they won’t guarantee it for you, and for me the chance of not getting the sunset one despite the request wasn’t worth it.

I assume re snorkeling, the answer would be the same - depends which one you get, and you won’t get to choose.
Seems it's best to book the SOWV then.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 1:36 pm

Still seems like a design flaw that the St Regis Suites aren’t sunset facing. Have both a St Regis Suite booked and a sunset villa, will cancel one in Feb.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Dn10
Still seems like a design flaw that the St Regis Suites aren’t sunset facing. Have both a St Regis Suite booked and a sunset villa, will cancel one in Feb.
cancel it now so award availability opens up for me 😂
Old Jan 5, 2020, 2:58 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
How is WiFi coverage at the property? I have a cellphone plan with international roaming in almost all countries, but the Maldives aren’t on the list...
Old Jan 5, 2020, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
How is WiFi coverage at the property? I have a cellphone plan with international roaming in almost all countries, but the Maldives aren’t on the list...
Very good. Had no problem being connected via WiFi throughout.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 6:39 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Thanks! I guess I’ll skip the local SIM
card then.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Very very good. They have youtube and netflix in the rooms which works without any buffering. That means fast internet.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:53 pm

Programs: Delta - Diamond, Bonvoy - Ambassador
My only issues with lack of Wifi were at the Male airport and on the boat/island excursions. The StR lounge, transport van and the entire resort itself all had great wifi.
ChocolateFactory likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 7:18 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Quick question regarding the required meals on Christmas Eve and NYE....

If you are checking out on 12/24... is it safe to assume you won't be required to eat that meal? I assume the requirement for the meal is only for overnight guests on those nights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.