Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:11 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I had 2,500$ pre-authorization for 5 nights. But the seaplane transfers alone were about 1,500$.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 1:50 pm

How long before arrival to email resort?

Wife and I are going in mid March. How long before arrival should I email the hotel to line up reservations for Decanter and send flight info etc?
Old Feb 4, 2020, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Mike Lofrumento
Wife and I are going in mid March. How long before arrival should I email the hotel to line up reservations for Decanter and send flight info etc?
I would go ahead and email now. It never hurts.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 3:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
The hotel will also reach out to you 2 weeks prior to arrival or so. Not everyone reads FlyerTalk.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 10:23 pm

Thumbs up St Regis Maldives - Benefits

Hello Maldives lover!

Here are the member benefits that resort provides:

Ikhalaasteri Massage: This massage begins with the use of a natural ‘Maldivian Cowrie Shell’, used to massage your tired back and shoulders. Our therapists will then apply pure Maldivian coconut oil to the body, followed by an invigorating scalp massage.

50-minute Treatment, $125++ per person

Spa Benefits: Enjoy 10% discount in the Spa for Platinum and above Marriott Bonvoy members (excluding retail). Anti-Gravity Yoga Class $45 per person or $80 per couple.

F&B Credit: All Marriott Bonvoy Members can purchase a $300 Food & Beverage credit per room per night and receive additional $50 credit per day.

Must purchase for entire length of stay upon check-in.

Kids Benefits: All Marriott Bonvoy Members children can enjoy free ice cream at ALBA daily between 07:00AM to 04:00PM. Complimentary breakfast at Alba for children under 6 years and 50% discount for children 7-12 years (applicable for Gold Elite Members & below). Children below 12 years of Platinum Elite Members & above receive free breakfast at Alba.

Member Exclusive Offer for Anti-Gravity Yoga: Special rate for Marriott Bonvoy™ members. This unique and sequential combination of exercise and yoga is intended to decompress ones spine, and align the body from head to toe while stretching and strengthening muscles.

$45++ per person | $80++ per couple

Daily from 11:30AM - 12:30PM
Old Feb 6, 2020, 10:41 am

Does anyone know if there is a policy regarding flying a drone?
Old Feb 6, 2020, 10:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Jay66
Does anyone know if there is a policy regarding flying a drone?
Drones are not allowed anywhere on the property. The hotel mentions this to guests before they arrive and also when they get there.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Europeanexplorer
Drones are not allowed anywhere on the property. The hotel mentions this to guests before they arrive and also when they get there.
Fortunately
Old Feb 6, 2020, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by luxbookers
Hello Maldives lover!

Ikhalaasteri Massage: This massage begins with the use of a natural ‘Maldivian Cowrie Shell’, used to massage your tired back and shoulders. Our therapists will then apply pure Maldivian coconut oil to the body, followed by an invigorating scalp massage.

50-minute Treatment, $125++ per person

Daily from 11:30AM - 12:30PM

has anyone tried the Ikhalaasteri Massage? Is it any good?
Old Feb 7, 2020, 2:16 am

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by luxbookers
Hello Maldives lover!

F&B Credit: All Marriott Bonvoy Members can purchase a $300 Food & Beverage credit per room per night and receive additional $50 credit per day.

Must purchase for entire length of stay upon check-in.
Did you see any value in buying the F&B credit? It feels like a bit much for 2 people to spend just on food and drinks... unless it can be applied for private dining or something?
Old Feb 7, 2020, 3:35 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by jcave114
has anyone tried the Ikhalaasteri Massage? Is it any good?
Yup, just did yesterday and it was great. Loved it. And I'm by far not a massage person, usually have no patience for these things so 50 minutes was just right for me.

Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Did you see any value in buying the F&B credit? It feels like a bit much for 2 people to spend just on food and drinks... unless it can be applied for private dining or something?
Uh, if you'd do just a little research and reading through some of this thread you may realize that the food here can and most likely will be outrageously expensive. It isn't unusual for a regular dinner to be at least $150 pp. Decanter will obviously be way more if you're planning to do that. Add to that drinks and food outside of dinner and you'd be surprised that $350 per day for a couple isn't that hard to use. There may be some here that have said they weren't big eaters and wouldn't use that much, so if you're in that category then this deal wouldn't be a good value for you.

As far as private dining, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use it for that. Does anyone know any different?
Old Feb 7, 2020, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
If you have a bottle of wine for dinner, that starts around 100 USD, a cocktail at the bar comes in around 20 USD. So you'll quite quickly hit 350 for two people per day.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 9:19 am

Programs: Marriott - LT Titanium + Ambassador; DL - Diamond; UA - Platinum
Originally Posted by friedablass
Yup, just did yesterday and it was great. Loved it. And I'm by far not a massage person, usually have no patience for these things so 50 minutes was just right for me.

Uh, if you'd do just a little research and reading through some of this thread you may realize that the food here can and most likely will be outrageously expensive. It isn't unusual for a regular dinner to be at least $150 pp. Decanter will obviously be way more if you're planning to do that. Add to that drinks and food outside of dinner and you'd be surprised that $350 per day for a couple isn't that hard to use. There may be some here that have said they weren't big eaters and wouldn't use that much, so if you're in that category then this deal wouldn't be a good value for you.

As far as private dining, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use it for that. Does anyone know any different?
Is Decanter $395++ or $495++?? I know that elite status gets you $100 off, but is it currently off $595 or $495? I've read conflicting reports. Hope you're enjoying your stay!!!
Old Feb 7, 2020, 10:42 am

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by friedablass

My bad. I read it as $300 per day/ per person for duration of the stay. That seemed a bit much. $350/day for a couple is easily doable given that I am not a Plat anymore.

Private dining is a custom/special activity thing (mostly). The whole beach setup, custom menu from the chef and all that. Last time I inquired about private dining in FS Lanai and it was north $600-$700 for two.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 9:10 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by DenFlyer23
Is Decanter $395++ or $495++?? I know that elite status gets you $100 off, but is it currently off $595 or $495? I've read conflicting reports. Hope you're enjoying your stay!!!
Yes, we're very much enjoying !!

Not sure about Decanter dining because it wasn't in our plans, we're fine without it, but I think I remember reading a little up thread that its $395. Perhaps that was after the discount though? Maybe I can ask my butler and I'll let you know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.