Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2020, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by tajee165
Took a read through and couldn't find anything...

Anyone know if they allow 3 adults in the OWV? (Or sunset/royal) They list occupancy as 3 when I check online but there appears to be 1 king bed and a sofa bed. But the sofa bed is just the sofa (not that we'd care, we'd still sleep on it).

But it also says 330USD for a rollaway bed so I'm assuming 3 occupancy is allowed and no payment required if we use existing bedding (sofa bed). Thoughts? [Unless they mean 330USD is just a 3-rd person charge).
I am pretty sure I read somewhere that even the 3rd person in room is a child 7y+, I would still have to pay the 330USD per night. Can someone please help?

I will be booking 2 rooms on points and each room will have 2 adults and 1 kid (6y). We are all platinums but I am not sure if that helps at all in this situation.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass
I think its because that's their slow season anyway. I just returned from there and they were at 80 to 90% occupancy throughout my stay.
We are looking to go next year in Feb and it looks like it will be peak at 400000pt for 5 nights. We have platinum so we should we pay ahead of time to upgrade to sunset overwater villa or we might get upgraded for free?

Also, we are looking to book another room on points but thinking of upgrading to the 2 bedroom overwater or beach villa? Which one will be a better choice for our family of 2 adults and kids:4y and 6y?

We have the option to have 1 kid in each room but it says there is an additional charge of $330 USD per night for the 3rd person? In that case, we will be paying $3000 USD+ so we might as well just pay $1250 to upgrade to the 2 bedroom villa. Any thoughts?
Old Apr 25, 2020, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by musicscrip
We are looking to go next year in Feb and it looks like it will be peak at 400000pt for 5 nights. We have platinum so we should we pay ahead of time to upgrade to sunset overwater villa or we might get upgraded for free?

Also, we are looking to book another room on points but thinking of upgrading to the 2 bedroom overwater or beach villa? Which one will be a better choice for our family of 2 adults and kids:4y and 6y?

We have the option to have 1 kid in each room but it says there is an additional charge of $330 USD per night for the 3rd person? In that case, we will be paying $3000 USD+ so we might as well just pay $1250 to upgrade to the 2 bedroom villa. Any thoughts?
Thing about upgrades is they can't guarantee them. I found the hotel to look after platinums very well. Been there three times now and been upgraded all three times but only once to my chosen room. First time we got a huge two bed OWB which as a couple with two young kids was not ideal so had to move after a day. The second time we got a non sunset OWB after 2 nights which had a freezing pool.

They will most likely upgrade you but depending on availability you might need to move midway through the stay and getting a sunset OWB (which are the best and hardest to come by) will be very difficult in peak feb.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Thing about upgrades is they can't guarantee them. I found the hotel to look after platinums very well. Been there three times now and been upgraded all three times but only once to my chosen room. First time we got a huge two bed OWB which as a couple with two young kids was not ideal so had to move after a day. The second time we got a non sunset OWB after 2 nights which had a freezing pool.

They will most likely upgrade you but depending on availability you might need to move midway through the stay and getting a sunset OWB (which are the best and hardest to come by) will be very difficult in peak feb.
Did you have to pay extra per kid per night for the Overwater villa? I know two bedroom ones will allow 4 ppl but can you tell me what you didn’t like about it?

Thanks
Old Apr 26, 2020, 1:12 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold

As I'd previously mentioned I booked straight into a St Regis Overwater Villa. It was an extra 75k points for our 5 nights (so only 15k points per night). We requested the Sunset one and were lucky enough to get it. We didn't ask for nor expect a further upgrade from this villa even though my husband is Plat. Since February is peak season we wanted to be guaranteed the room type so we wouldn't be disappointed and it was well worth the extra few points.

I think I read somewhere in this thread that a kid in your room doesn't incur an extra fee but don't quote me on it. You can call or email the resort to verify.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by friedablass
As I'd previously mentioned I booked straight into a St Regis Overwater Villa. It was an extra 75k points for our 5 nights (so only 15k points per night). We requested the Sunset one and were lucky enough to get it. We didn't ask for nor expect a further upgrade from this villa even though my husband is Plat. Since February is peak season we wanted to be guaranteed the room type so we wouldn't be disappointed and it was well worth the extra few points.

I think I read somewhere in this thread that a kid in your room doesn't incur an extra fee but don't quote me on it. You can call or email the resort to verify.
Thanks for letting me know. I will also pay extra 75000pt to get the St. Regis suite as well. You are very lucky to get the sunset side because there is only 1!!! I read online that a blogger requested that one but did NOT get it and got 508 instead.

I finally heard back from the hotel and they said if we want to have 2adults and 2 kids (4 and 6) in a villa, it has to be the basic room Garden villa at 400000pt at no additional cost. They will only allow 2 adults and 1 kid in the overwater villa unless we upgrade to the 2bedroom overwatervilla. I think we will just do 1 sunset overwatervilla and 1 St regis suite and have 1 kid in each villa.
friedablass likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you have to pay extra per kid per night for the Overwater villa? I know two bedroom ones will allow 4 ppl but can you tell me what you didn’t like about it?

Thanks
The first time yes. The 2nd and 3rd they included that as a repeat customer perk. The 2 bed ones are great and ideal for an older family with two teenagers. What I disliked about them is that they were just too big for us as I slept with one kid upstairs and we prefer to be together. Also the pool in these are tiny. More like a big tub than a pool.
Old May 12, 2020, 11:43 pm

Had to cancel our trip, but I'm hopeful it might still happen this year. Either way the current Marriott e-gift card promotion where you save 20% seems like a good buy when planning to go to the st regis. You essentially get 20% off all spend! Easily a couple hundred $$$ saved. Just a heads up for anyone who plans on traveling here eventually.

https://gifts.marriott.com/
Old May 13, 2020, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jay66
Had to cancel our trip, but I'm hopeful it might still happen this year. Either way the current Marriott e-gift card promotion where you save 20% seems like a good buy when planning to go to the st regis. You essentially get 20% off all spend! Easily a couple hundred $$$ saved. Just a heads up for anyone who plans on traveling here eventually.

https://gifts.marriott.com/
Stack that with the local offer (forget exactly what is was) Was it buy $200 and get $50 extra credit?
Old May 16, 2020, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Looks like they've pulled all rates through Aug 1. Odd, since the other hotels in Bora Bora don't seem to have followed suit.

edit: Whoops— sorry. Wrong hotel thread.

Last edited by ps9a; May 17, 2020 at 6:18 pm
Old May 16, 2020, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ps9a
Looks like they've pulled all rates through Aug 1. Odd, since the other hotels in Bora Bora don't seem to have followed suit.
This thread is about a hotel in The Maldives
ps9a and TSTraveler like this.
Old May 18, 2020, 8:57 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Is anyone else awaiting a refund from the property? I've been waiting 2 months now, after an initial promise of 2 weeks. The last update was that given Male was locked down they couldn't process refunds. My latest chaser has gone unanswered since Thursday.
Old May 18, 2020, 1:39 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by MrM2016
Is anyone else awaiting a refund from the property? I've been waiting 2 months now, after an initial promise of 2 weeks. The last update was that given Male was locked down they couldn't process refunds. My latest chaser has gone unanswered since Thursday.
MrM2016, reservation refunds may take up to 90 days from the date the reservation was cancelled to be processed. The form and timing of refund may be subject to applicable laws where each hotel is located. For details on our cancellation policies related to COVID-19, please visit: https://marriott-re-2019ncovc.com/. If you need further assistance, feel free to send me a Private Message here on FT with your first/last name, reservation details, and contact information.

Kind regards,

Leanne
Social Media Liaison
[email protected]
Old May 18, 2020, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Stack that with the local offer (forget exactly what is was) Was it buy $200 and get $50 extra credit?
Are you talking about the daily food & beverage credit? I've seen people post $350 for $300 daily per person. This should actually work, right? And make it $350 for $240?
Old May 19, 2020, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pmfc
Are you talking about the daily food & beverage credit? I've seen people post $350 for $300 daily per person. This should actually work, right? And make it $350 for $240?
Yep! Thats a decent deal then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.