Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2020, 12:03 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by salehir
Presumably, you bring that conversation before the stay rather than after right? And per your point, you can then get Marriott involved as it is going against the T&Cs
I would bring it up at the seaplane lounge if the charge was listed on the rate card I am being asked to sign. Pretty much always have an hour or two to kill in the lounge and you do a pre checkin, if they say there is an issue they have the entire stay to figure it out. I actually think this is a non issue having stayed at this property and knowing the current management. They have a rate that shows they cover the cost of the seaplane for 7 night stays, thus they will do it. With any good rate however if they feel its getting to much attention then it is possible they will pull it. So best not to draw attention to it.
Old May 21, 2020, 5:01 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pmfc
You’re right, it doesn’t, but look at the rate details for a point advance booking. I’ve attached the screenshot.
Just booked a points stay to check this theory and once the booking was made and I went back to check rate details all the additional stuff about them paying for sea plane transfer disappeared. Based on this I would say this is definitely just an error rather than an option for points booking?
Old May 21, 2020, 7:53 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Just booked a points stay to check this theory and once the booking was made and I went back to check rate details all the additional stuff about them paying for sea plane transfer disappeared. Based on this I would say this is definitely just an error rather than an option for points booking?
I have just tried this to confirm and it is still there. If you go into your booking and click on rate details it appears.
Old May 21, 2020, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
I have just tried this to confirm and it is still there. If you go into your booking and click on rate details it appears.
Mine isn't quite the same..
Old May 21, 2020, 1:30 pm

Mine isn't quite the same..
What dates did you go for?
Old May 21, 2020, 2:01 pm

What dates did you go for?
were well before 20th Dec 2020.. in fact I tried multiple bookings but all yielded the same result
Old May 21, 2020, 3:06 pm

were well before 20th Dec 2020.. in fact I tried multiple bookings but all yielded the same result
I was going to make a booking that matched some to see what I got incase it happens to vary on the dates!
Old May 21, 2020, 9:24 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt
I adjusted our 5 night stay to 7 nights in December and it still shows the local fee which I assume is the sea plane transfer.
Old May 21, 2020, 10:32 pm

I would say there is little to no risk in booking this and that it will be honored. It’s an official offer that is posted on the property website (see the Offers page).

Here is the text:

Complimentary Return Seaplane Transfer

Marriott Bonvoy™ Exclusive Offer: Between July 1, 2020 to December 20, 2020, book for 7 nights or more to enjoy complimentary return seaplane transfers from Male for two.

We have a five night booking in early December for our honeymoon - what a great reason to stay a couple more nights!.
onlysuites and TSTraveler like this.
Old May 22, 2020, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ahcjar103
I would say there is little to no risk in booking this and that it will be honored. It’s an official offer that is posted on the property website (see the Offers page).

Here is the text:

Marriott Bonvoy™ Exclusive Offer: Between July 1, 2020 to December 20, 2020, book for 7 nights or more to enjoy complimentary return seaplane transfers from Male for two.

We have a five night booking in early December for our honeymoon - what a great reason to stay a couple more nights!.
They ran a similar offer last year too. Definitely not a mistake.
Old May 22, 2020, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
They ran a similar offer last year too. Definitely not a mistake.
Originally Posted by ahcjar103

Here is the text:

I guess the question is whether this offer is applicable for Points booking or not?
Old May 22, 2020, 7:40 am

I guess the question is whether this offer is applicable for Points booking or not?
I think they actually mean points bookings, hence the Marriott Bonvoy offer. I agree it could be worded better but they are not suggesting every Bonvoy member who books any rate for 7 nights gets the transfer, but anyone who books a points rate for 7 nights or more.
Old May 22, 2020, 11:27 am

Programs: AC SE, WJ Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Ambassador
Not able to get a 7 night stay with points to book showing free seaplane.
Old May 22, 2020, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
I think they actually mean points bookings, hence the Marriott Bonvoy offer. I agree it could be worded better but they are not suggesting every Bonvoy member who books any rate for 7 nights gets the transfer, but anyone who books a points rate for 7 nights or more.
The more literal interpretation would be that all Bonvoy members get the deal. Nothing about points bookings. But the more likely interpretation, I think is that it's Bonvoy members paying cash rather than points. (The real catch would be whether a promo code is required, which often comes with an inflated rate to more than offset the bonus, but it sounds like that's not the case here.)
Old May 22, 2020, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
The more literal interpretation would be that all Bonvoy members get the deal. Nothing about points bookings. But the more likely interpretation, I think is that it's Bonvoy members paying cash rather than points. (The real catch would be whether a promo code is required, which often comes with an inflated rate to more than offset the bonus, but it sounds like that's not the case here.)
While you could look at it that way I think the actual facts make it pretty clear it is points booking. If you do a search for 7 or more nights and look at the rate details for a "members" cash booking there is no mention of a free seaplane. When you do a points booking it does indeed come up with the free seaplane Also on the offers page should you wish to pay cash and have a free seaplane there is indeed a code to use.

Overall the wording could be better but a quick search of actual rates confirms what they are actually offering and the free seaplane with.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.